Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by logcutter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
You can restrict an iPhone mic rather easily. I worry more about Google who has much more invasive software.

I disagree..There hacking Iphones now without Apples help..The FBI just hacked one all by there self..The people at XDA can hack about everything in time..

Google phones,on the other hand, gives you a basic phone without the garbage the Iphone and others like Samsung and Verizon phones make you have that are un-delectable..I have an Ipad and it is good for some things but compared to my Google phone,it sucks...Root a Google phone and add whatever operating system you want,not so easy on an Iphone or Ipad yet they are hackable..

They hacked one IPHONE and it only took them 6 months to do it. Google is not your friend. I don[t know of any idiot that would change the IOS on an iPhone or Apple device. They work perfectly.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
They do not work perfectly compared to Google..I have a new Ipad and it sux big time compared..I have often thought of getting an Iphone but when I compared what a Pixel phone does compared..Not a chance..

Have you ever owned a Pixel phone for comparison?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
They do not work perfectly compared to Google..I have a new Ipad and it sux big time compared..I have often thought of getting an Iphone but when I compared what a Pixel phone does compared..Not a chance..

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

WTF is a “pixel” phone ? Never heard of it.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I don’t like wearing seatbelts either.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I would rather go without a phone then use a phone that has a Google android system, Samsung has a google android system as well. Google is not your friend, very very invasive software.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
This is funny..Never heard of a pixel phone but Iphones rule...A pixel phone is a Google only phone without bloatware if it is not designated Verizon/ATT etc..Completely stock without the bloatware others include that you cannot delete..They like Samsung have you by the balls,not Google..They came out with there own phone with options to delete about anything unlike Apple/Samsung/LG/Motorola etc..

I have rooted several phones and had two Pixel phones and never saw the need to do so because it already has the options,for the most part.in the developers setting which are available to everyone..They run fast/the battery(depending on which one) last forever and they get security updates monthly...And a killer camera and the new Pixel 4A is coming out of the gate at $349 brand new..

I like my Ipad sometimes but it is aggravating how many times the browser crashes and won't link..Then I use Chrome and all works well...Apple is one step up from Amazon tablets only.

Last edited by logcutter; 05/24/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

“These practices are clearly at odds with the company’s ‘privacy-driven’ policies...

Its only a Co. policy, and how many companies
fail to live up to their policies to one degree or
another..

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Spy's like Big ears and Wide eyes.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Spy's like Big ears and Wide eyes.

If you never have been to XDA developers,you should..Those guys can hack anything/anytime..There are a few phones they have issues with,then they put a money bounty out to crack that phone,and they do but some are not public..

Like I said,I like my Ipad but to change to an Iphone and the same garbage dictated by Apple..No way..

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
They hacked one IPHONE and it only took them 6 months to do it. Google is not your friend. I don[t know of any idiot that would change the IOS on an iPhone or Apple device. They work perfectly.

Bullchit they do...My IPad crashes all the time and I am up to date with 13 whatever...Just do a search on Safari crashes on my apple device..Safari is only one step above Amazon Silk,if that...Not even close to Chrome browser,even on the iPad which is limited by Apple....

If you think apple is univasive,think again..

Can you download music for free....Can you transfer music to an apple device..if so,tell me how..All my music /text etc is available on every device I own except Apple...Had to download Verizon messages to be able to text off the iPad...Download Google hangouts to make a call or text,off the iPad...

Gotta have an iPhone to use the iPad to its fullest...But there not evasive or controlling..it's not that easy with any Android phone or tablet..

I bought my IPad because it was cheap unlike there phone..You can buy 4 pixel phones for the price of one iphone...$349 for a brand new Pixel phone with 128 gigs of storage and a killer can camera..But it's cool to say I have an iPhone huh..lol

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Bullchit they do...My IPad crashes all the time and I am up to date with 13 whatever...Just do a search on Safari crashes on my apple device..Safari is only one step above Amazon Silk,if that...Not even close to Chrome browser,even on the iPad which is limited by Apple....

If you think apple is univasive,think again..

Can you download music for free....Can you transfer music to an apple device..if so,tell me how..All my music /text etc is available on every device I own except Apple...Had to download Verizon messages to be able to text off the iPad...Download Google hangouts to make a call or text,off the iPad...

Gotta have an iPhone to use the iPad to its fullest...But there not evasive or controlling..it's not that easy with any Android phone or tablet..

I bought my IPad because it was cheap unlike there phone..You can buy 4 pixel phones for the price of one iphone...$349 for a brand new Pixel phone with 128 gigs of storage and a killer can camera..But it's cool to say I have an iPhone huh..lol

No it's because they work perfectly. Keep your pixie phones , the new iPhone 11 is around 4-500 dollars and it is a much more secure then your Pixie phone. Remind me of Google and the communist Chinese government and their deals again?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've never understood why people would assume that a device that has to listen to you all the time in case you make commands - isn't listening to you all the time. And that somewhere, so is somebody else.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I've never understood why people would assume that a device that has to listen to you all the time in case you make commands - isn't listening to you all the time. And that somewhere, so is somebody else.

Rocky, I never use Siri . My mic is turned off, Apple did that so they could study commands most people use to program Siri better . They stopped doing that . NSA has your conversations if they have an interest in you anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's creepier than this is the research going on to develop smart device cable and satellite boxes that listen and WATCH the room and employ artificial intelligence to try to figure out what shows to recommend and what ads to run on your TV. As far as I know, there are none in production. About a year ago some information leaked about their development and there was a big privacy backlash.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jdm953
It was hard enough when gov. made us start wearing seatbelts.It took forever for me to accept that one.

I have not yet accepted it.

I wear it because I want to, not because its a stupid law. EMS/fire taught me how valuable belts and bags are. Just like I wear a life vest when in or near the water. But I digress.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Guess I’ll stick with my droid. Wow.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (160user, 22250rem, 1936M71, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 260Remguy, 61 invisible), 2,527 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,479
Posts18,490,041
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.