Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by deflave

Pretty sure Kenneth is going to be in the tourist category.

LOL

Not sure how to interpret that.

#couldgoeitherway

It's not a dig.

You live in Wisconsin. You are traveling to see GNP. There are things in GNP that you can't see anywhere else in the world. That's why it's GNP.

If you wanted to fugk off in the NF, you'd probably have a lot of fun doing so, but it's not something you and your family are set out to do.

One is bucket list. The other isn't.

Agreed. Though giving my kidneys a workout on shidty roads staring a pine trees trying to find my way around new area with the fam in tow isn’t my idea of a good time. Unless as I mentioned earlier you reserved a NF cabin to stay in. Then I can see it.

MAGA

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Though giving my kidneys a workout on shidty roads staring a pine trees trying to find my way around new area with the fam in tow isn’t my idea of a good time. Unless as I mentioned earlier you reserved a NF cabin to stay in. Then I can see it.

So you are more of a paved road park guy then?

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If I were bringing the whole fandamly I’d see the park. On my own? I’d see the park and what else there was to do out away from it.

But the thing is during the summer months you never get away from the traffic or crowds here. Lots of folks have the same idea. If I was to deal with crowds I’d see the main attraction.
YMMV

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We did a loop of National parks on both sides of the border in'18. It included Glacier. The area that impressed me, I'm form BC where spectacular scenery is common place, the Kananaskis Provincial park in Alberta is a gem.

Last edited by downwindtracker2; 05/25/20.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Only been the one time, mid August last year, a buddy in Great Falls took me on a day trip from Great Falls, just a quick up and down the Going to the Sun Highway from the Browning side..

Logan Pass looking East....

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Same view when we was there smile

The clouds piling up on the east side of the pass didn't make it over the top though....

The Going to the Sun Highway and Glacier is ridiculously and spectacularly beautiful in ways my iphone cannot even begin to do justice.

As noted, that road is crowded and the going slow in season.

Half the Park does lie in Canada, I don't know how that figures if you have firearms with you.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Half the Park does lie in Canada, I don't know how that figures if you have firearms with you.

FALSE

None of the park is in Canada. You can't drive across by accident. This is an incredibly ignorant comment.

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Waterton (sp) is the National park on the other side of the border. Give the guy a break.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

FALSE

None of the park is in Canada. You can't drive across by accident. This is an incredibly ignorant comment.

I wouldn't think it rated "incredibly ignorant", the park does lie right on the Border adjoining both major Canadian National and Provincial Parks right across the Line, same difference, I doubt there's a fence.

I didn't say you could "accidentally drive across", but didn't someone on this very thread mention crossing over?

Anyhoo... IIRC the Visitor Center atop Logan Pass flies both US and Canuck Flags (I dont recall any other). Just by chance I did capture the Canadian flag they have flying when taking a photo of these two ground squirrels (marmots??) near the parking lot.

I dunno, maybe we was just sucking up to the Canadians.

I did run into a LOT of Canadians in Yellowstone and Glacier.... seems like they headed south to find balmier climes smile

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

FALSE

I wouldn't think it rated "incredibly ignorant", the park does lie right on the Border adjoining both major Canadian National and Provincial Parks right across the Line, same difference, I doubt there's a fence.

I didn't say you could "accidentally drive across", but didn't someone on this very thread mention crossing over?

Anyhoo... IIRC the Visitor Center atop Logan Pass flies both US and Canuck Flags (I dont recall any other). Just by chance I did capture the Canadian flag they have flying when taking a photo of these two ground squirrels (marmots??) near the parking lot.

I dunno, maybe we was just sucking up to the Canadians.

I did run into a LOT of Canadians in Yellowstone and Glacier.... seems like they headed south to find balmier climes smile

You cautioned as far as bringing a gun because the Park lies in both countries. Patently false. Utter and complete horseshidt. Don't pull your typical passive/aggressive [bleep] bullshidt. Just own it, you were pushing bad info to a guy asking about something you don't know a fugking thing about.

Not "same difference". One is a U.S. national park, one is in Canada. Fence has nothing do to with it, as the OP never said anything about going on a backcountry hike into the hinterlands on the international border. Your implications were plain to read. Just admit you were wrong and move on.

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
Waterton (sp) is the National park on the other side of the border. Give the guy a break.

This day in age international borders are a thing. Giving bad info to someone not familiar with the area needs to be called out.

I could be an azzhole and say something like "if I were Canadian I wouldn't care either" but I'm not that kinda guy. A Canadian park and a U.S. park are very very very different things.

MAGA
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you were even remotely polite as I would be, if you hadn't called me a liar on here many times I might.

Other than that, folks can judge for themselves. they ain't retards.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fun trip to Montana

You could spend two days in the park.
Not sure where you would like to spend your nights? Kalispell would work, it's not that far from the park.

You could also spend some time around Bigfork, it's a nice little town with restaurants and shops. Bigfork is located at the North end of Flathead Lake. The lake is approx. 29 miles long and about 15 miles wide at the widest points. You can also take in a boat tour of Flathead Lake.
Once you're in the Bigfork area, a trip down the Swan Highway (SR 83) it's always a good trip. Driving down the road to Seeley Lake. You could stop at the Double Arrow Lodge They have a great restaurant. (that is the last time I was there).
There are lots of fun things to see and do while in Northwest Montana.
I forgot this, while in Bigfork. You could take in a play. Always good entertainment. Bigfork Summer Playhouse.

I hope this was a help in someway.
Enjoy your time in Northwest Montana.

Take care

Last edited by Hammerdown; 05/25/20.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Something nobody has mentioned yet - bring water or a good filter when hiking. The water in the little creeks looks clear and beautiful as hell, but giardia is very common. Don't screw up your trip with severe belly cramps and the schitts.

Dale

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If you were even remotely polite as I would be, if you hadn't called me a liar on here many times I might.

Other than that, folks can judge for themselves. they ain't retards.

Let em judge. I standby anything I’ve posted here. If I’m wrong I’m not to proud to admit it. Guys come on here and ask all kinds of questions, I’m one of them. Hell I asked a question about wiring my shop and an electrician from back East I’d never seen post before pm’d me and gave me advice.

If we don’t police our own and call out bad info when it’s posted then this place is worthless.

I’m sorry you’re a bitch.

My apologies to The op for the sideline.

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If my old memory serves me right, there was a small border crossing between the two parks, but it was closed when we were there in '18. I took my club cab long box p/u over the Going To the Sun Highway, the first day it opened in the spring. I had to drive with the mirrors in. chuckle. In '18 they still had a small glacier off in the distance.

Of Course Yellowstone. We haven't done any of the National Parks in California but Bryce and the Petrified Forest , I was impressed with.

Last edited by downwindtracker2; 05/25/20.

Kenneth Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Fun trip to Montana

You could spend two days in the park.

Take care

2 days? I could have up to 8 days available.........

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If you eat at a restaurant and see "Jo-Jo's" on the menu,..they're fried potatoes. Don't ask the waitress. She'll have a fit if you don't know what a Jo-Jo is.

In fact, the locals have a fit if a tourist says anything to them. I think it's some kind of local hobby to mean mouth the tourists.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’m sorry you’re a bitch.

Can't please everyone.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The pumps are Polebridge Mercantile *are* functional and have gas in them.

Don't ask about that either.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I never ate so many fresh cherries in my life when we went. Huckleberry pie was a constant source of desert too. I love it out there. Nothing wrong with being a tourist the first couple of times you visit to hit the high points.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,474
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.