Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I heard they are going to be exhibition matches, not real fights.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Dumb bastards broke! By time he pays off IRS he’ll be broke again in six months!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tyson's problem is his mental health.

Well known he was on anti-depressants and other meds for his mood swings. He had to go off them before the major fights, which lead to his bizarre behavior i.e. getting half his face tattooed, biting Holyfield's ear off , etc.

If he stayed on the meds, he'd be slower and not aggressive.

Today????

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Dumb bastards broke! By time he pays off IRS he’ll be broke again in six months!

He's not broke. He's in the weed business. Supposedly his weed business does $500k a month in sales. Also if anyone is interested he has a podcast called Hot Boxin'. He waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more intelligent than I would have ever thought. He talks a lot about a lot of the crazy stuff he did back in the day was for mind games for opponents. He loved his rep for being crazy. Check it out. I was really shocked when I listened to it a few times.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
53 is too old to fight, for anyone.

He'll get his ass kicked.

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
20 mil pay day.
7 or 8 mil in taxes.
12 or 13 mil left over.
He can probably manage to live on that till he kicks the bucket.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Watch some of his training footage before you write him off. If he has any kind of cardio, he’ll dominate. He’s still fast as hell and moves amazing for 53

That's what I saw, looks like he could go 12 rounds with any current heavyweight - 20mil ain't enough for me to get in the ring with him. Still one scary dude in the boxing ring.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I support anything Mike Tyson decides to do. He's one of the greatest athletes of all time.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Ok, Boomer.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I remember him fighting some white guy from South Africa in about 1999. I thought the South African was going to win because he was out boxing him and then Tyson landed one solid hook and it was over. Tyson had some amazing power.

Bb

You are referring to Francois Botha. Watch the fight. When be bits him you bear Botha call out and it's over.

The way life should be.
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
From what I've read, Tyson isn't going to fight any of the current heavyweight Boxing contenders,...which is a shame.

I think Tyson Fury would have to stay away from Mike Tyson to keep from getting his bell rung.

I know Mike Tyson didn't look good towards the end of his career. But he just quit. He let himself get overweight and out of shape,...didn't have any wind.

Even at 53, he looks like he's in excellent condition these day. It's obvious that he's been getting serious about conditioning.

Like I said before,..he probably doesn't have the cardio to go very many rounds. But a well conditioned 53 year old Mike Tyson could give the heavyweight contenders of today all they wanted for 3 or 4 rounds,..and if they didn't stay away from him he'd knock their asses out.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Foreman whipped some ass at 45.

It's not a real stretch to think Tyson could do it at 53.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mike Tyson is one of the more interesting characters of our time. I would happily watch him fight again, win or lose.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Tyson-Botha last punch.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by deflave

Ok, Boomer.

And here's a MERRY KISS MY ARSE to you also!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave

Ok, Boomer.

And here's a MERRY KISS MY ARSE to you also!

Ok, Boomer.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Mike Tyson's career was the classic, slow motion, train wreck. He quit learning by the time he won the championship and , with each bout, his shortcomings became more and more evident. At the same time, he quit listening to people who could have taught him something and began listening to Don King, Robin Givens, and some no-nothing trainers. He abandoned any pretense of defense and never did learn to fight on the inside. He had the ability to have beaten Holyfield easily but was, instead, easily beaten himself. All of his losses are attributable to his abandonment of defense, his lack of work ethic without some serious prodding, his inability to work inside, and his basic lack of inner strength and integrity.
George Foreman was, in his late forties, a better fighter, in many ways, than he was in his twenties. He didn't have the physical abilities he had before but he had much better ring intelligence and he had real strength and power; not to mention a damn good chin. Young or old, he would have probably spanked Tyson.
As for fighting at the top levels today, probably not but, for three or four rounds, he could probably give a good account. Also, he may finally have learned the lesson he was taught by D'Amato. If he can avoid punches to get inside then work when he is in there, rather than holding or allowing himself to be held, he can make things pretty uncomfortable for most fighters but conditioning would be pretty critical. I have little doubt that his mental health is much better now.
Fighters and fights are often difficult to analyze. Often fighters are branded as being one thing when they are much more multi-faceted. Some fighters are seen as in destructible when they are really anything but and many never get the credit they deserve.
In the heavyweights, I think Floyd Patterson was highly underrated and, unfortunately, was defined by his losses to Sonny Liston when he might better be defined by his wins over guys like Oscar Bonavena and George Chuvalo. He lost fights to bad decisions to some of the more highly rated fighters of his era like Jerry Quarry and Jimmy Ellis. He was a man who never believed he deserved to win and kept trying anyway. In some respects, Tyson was the same and seemed to think, deep down, that he was undeserving.
Today's champion, Tyson Fury, may be one of the most unskilled boxers to have ever held the title. He can throw a decent jab but seldom does so. I have never seen him throw a clean right cross. He slaps rather than punches and is seldom balanced.
If Tyson confines himself to 4 round exhibition bouts, he'll do just fine and may be able to find some peace in the ring and earn some respect as a human being and not just as a has-been fighter. GD

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Where's Butterbean when you need him? The king of the 4 round fights.

I saw him at the fall Wannemaker show last year in Tulsa. Pretty well confined to a wheel chair. He told us he dabbles in guns now. I think he had a table there but I never saw it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
At least Tyson wouldn't have to worry about CTE - of course, he may already have it, but then again, how would you know?

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All I know is I wouldn't want to get hit by the man.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,489
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.