-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I only put the mask on if I want to get in that establishment, hardly ever.

If the employer requires one, that would be a reason. I think it’s more for ‘virtual signaling’ anyway.

I saw a couple with full gas masks yesterday at Walmart, not required. They looked the part anyway, matching, military like masks, hot.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by arkypete
‘Masks Are Symbolic,’ say Dr Fauci and The New England Journal of Medicine
By Jim Hoft
Published May 28, 2020 at 12:13pm
239 Comments
Share on Facebook
(3.1k)
Tweet
Email
Guest post by Bill Hennessey

In the past week, Dr. Anthony Fauci and the New England Journal of Medicine have admitted that masks are little more than symbols. Virtue signaling.

For those of you who shout “science” like it’s a Tourette tick, this is from the New England Journal of Medicine on May 21, 2020:

We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.

TRENDING: "What They Are Doing Is Tantamount to Monopoly" - BREAKING: President Trump Signs Executive Order on Social Media Censorship with Warning to Far Left Tech Giants

So, why are we ordered to wear masks? Symbolism. From the same article in NEJM:

It is also clear that masks serve symbolic roles. Masks are not only tools, they are also talismans that may help increase health care workers’ perceived sense of safety, well-being, and trust in their hospitals.

The Surgeon General was widely mocked and ridiculed for suggesting in March that masks might even increase the spread of the virus. Yet, here, the esteemed New England Journal of Medicine provides the same warning to mask-wearers:

What is clear, however, is that universal masking alone is not a panacea. A mask will not protect providers caring for a patient with active Covid-19 if it’s not accompanied by meticulous hand hygiene, eye protection, gloves, and a gown. A mask alone will not prevent health care workers with early Covid-19 from contaminating their hands and spreading the virus to patients and colleagues. Focusing on universal masking alone may, paradoxically, lead to more transmission of Covid-19 if it diverts attention from implementing more fundamental infection-control measures.

Thus, the argument is over. Anyone who advocates universal masking is merely engaging in virtue signaling, not public health.

It’s time to unmask. I, for one, don’t have enough virtue to signal.

Reposted with permission from Hennessey’s View

Submit a Correction

I was skeptical when I read this post on FB yesterday. So, I went looking for the original citations. Sure enough...

Here is a link to the Full NEJM Article...
Here is a link to the Fauci Interview...

Turns out, Jerome Adams (U.S. Surgeon General) was spot on when he said masks were useless way back in March. However, he got a thorough beat down in the media, because it did not fit the (fear mongering) agenda at that time...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My once beloved state of Virginia goes full retard effective today, mask required in all retail/work environs as well as public gathering places outdoors.

First normal stop every morning[backwoods convenient store] nary a mask on any of the 10 or so customers nor the 3 employees.

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 700LH
At COSTCO a couple of days ago there was a guy handing out masks just before you entered.
I ask if masks were mandatory to enter the store, he said "yes" I told him " no thank you I won't do that" turned and walked away.

I haven't put one on since this fiasco began, I am not starting now
Ditto... However, I might actually try a MAGA mask and see if they let me in then.. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Been required where I work for a couple of weeks. Don't need to wear them at your desk. I mostly work from home though. Minneapolis is requiring them everywhere as if I needed another reason not to go there.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I used to wear a mask whenever we were sawing bull pine. Without the mask, I would get congested. The head sawyer had the same issue. No other species bothered me or him.
I wear a mask when I'm grinding recoil pads. I don't wear one when I go to town. GD

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Wearing those silly cloth masks is as effective as using a sock for a condom, but it apparently makes the Karen's of the world feel safe.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
There are dozens of different designs available on ebay, just go there and search for "Trump 2020 mask", or click the link below.

Trump 2020 Masks

I think they are a waste of time and resources, but if you have to wear one you might as well have some fun with it.

Last edited by GratefulShooter; 05/29/20.

SAF / GOA / NRA Life Member - Endowment - Patron

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

674 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 3,042 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,620
Posts18,492,682
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.