Originally Posted by 458Win
It was the magazine they had the toughest time with as there was no real direction. And hunting magazines apparently need either some specific focus or a wide appeal like SA.

Seemed amateurish to me. Funny thing is, not long ago the gripe here was that magazines didn't have any "stories" anymore. SH was full of those, almost nothing but, IIRC. Still, generally a painful read because of the writing.

I switched back to the print edition of HL when they went online only with the digital version. There are pretty simple ways to prevent pirating, but maybe they're too expensive for a small outfit. Have to wonder if they've lost more money from folks baling on them than from digital theft. I do think that a bunch of their readers are like me and want a way to store their content for future use and enjoyment. I have a giant bin of old mags in the basement that I rotate into my reading pile periodically, and also a bunch of digital copies in the cloud.

I get a lot of useful info and good reading from JB and the missus' Rifle Loony News. Those are in the cloud too if I ever drop my iPad in the comode.

What fresh Hell is this?