-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I own a disaster cleanup business. I recommend insurers that are in the smaller to medium size for most people. Farm bureau fits this. Its been a while since I have done a farm bureau claim, but I always remember them treating me right. The ones I have had trouble with lately. is Travelers, actually they suck and always have. State farm has been wonky lately. auto owners kinda sucks. Allstate and farmers usually have claims departments that at least get things done, although all the larger companies will have a narrower view of what is covered and what isn't than a smaller insurer. It might not ever make a difference but if the coverage is kinda a gray area, (more common than you think) The smaller companies usually find a way to insure it vs how to find a way not to, there is huge difference. I wouldn't feel bad about having farm bureau if the price was right. I also like american family

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Got hailed on hard May 10 th called them they sent out 2 estimators 1 for my F-150 the other for the house. Had the checks inside of a week from the estimates. been with them for 21 years MB

We had the same thing happen here last year, had the checks in less than 2 weeks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Got hailed on hard May 10 th called them they sent out 2 estimators 1 for my F-150 the other for the house. Had the checks inside of a week from the estimates. been with them for 21 years MB

We had the same thing happen here last year, had the checks in less than 2 weeks.

Same here but the estimator cut me checks from the cab of his truck the day he came (State Farm).

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
We have been with them for over 12 years now. Solid service with quick action on claims. They are also strong politically here and will side with rural members on issues that could change rural life for the worst. They were instrumental some years back in getting legislation passed on formation of cities and towns that roped in rural properties that did not want to be incorporated. A lot of clout here....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by K1500
No claims filed but my experience with farm bureau sucked royally. The agent was a lazy sack who let corporate run the account. I kept getting letters annually that they were dropping my home coverage because the escrow was screwed up (when it wasn’t, they had something wrong in their system). My agent couldn’t be bothered to get off the golf course to fix the problem. After threatening in no uncertain terms to pull my account if I got one more letter he made a few mouse clicks and the problem was fixed.

A couple years later I got a letter one day saying they were dropping me at the end of the month because I only had one line with them (house). No offer to quote me for the cars, trailer, etc. and no call from the agent explaining a shift in they way they do business. They did me a favor as I switched to State Farm. They have been great, including having claims filed for various things.

My parents had home, cars, farm, etc with Farm Bureau. Never filed a claim for over 20 years. Dad crunched a tailgating on a new dodge and filed his first claim in a quarter century. They jacked his rates up so much that thy recouped the cost of the tailgate threefold. Agent said it was corporate policy, nothing he could do. Good luck with the pricks if you go that way.

I had a very similar experience. They actually dropped my coverage on a lease property, notified the additionally insured, but didn’t notify me. All kind of consequences on that one. Similar deal on a commercial truck. We set up the truck insurance, got the binder, and then they just never wrote the policy.

They are on my “never” list.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a little EF0 tornado come by the farm in 2008. There was next to no damage except a few missing shingles. Farm Bureau paid for a new roof.

No muss, no fuss.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Thank you gentlemen.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,745 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,631
Posts18,474,270
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.