Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
While I always remember to pay my respects for those that lost their lives on June 6 1944, I recall living in Europe 20 years after WW 2, of seeing the many American cemeteries, of those that lost their lives fighting against Germany... the size of those cemeteries, as as you walk thru them, you can read the names of those young men, and where their home state was... many were just farm kids, 18 to 20-21 years old...heck they weren't even young men.... most were those just out of high school...

heck each year on Veterans Day, the High School my son graduated from, holds an Veterans Day, that they have veterans come in and talk to high school students in their classrooms, answer questions etc... then they have a tribute assembly for us.. and then they serve us a lunch....there are several old WW 2 vets, well into their 90s, I see each year....two were Medics... both guys were drafted while IN High School... one was a High school Senior, the other a High School Junior, who had fallen behind in elementary school....they were still children...they speak of others who were drafted with them, while in High School, and never made it home..

compare that to today in American... kids the same age, are roaming the streets right now, following their communist indoctrination from our education system that now occupies this nation.. screaming about inequality, how all minorities are victims with special social status, as they vandalize our cities, burn down and destroy businesses, homes and property, loot those places for personal gain... all the while yelling and screaming at Police Officers, throwing Bricks and frozen water bottles at them, even fighting with Federal Park Police and the Secret Service officers in our Nation's Capitol, right in front of the White House... while they are busy trying to storm the White House.. and do Lord knows what....all the while screaming about police brutality.. doing so with some sort of vision in their heads that they are national heroes...

Sad that our nation has gone from what those young men... boys.... did for their nation 76 years ago.... to what boys and Now girls of the same age now are doing.. within our nation's borders and in our own streets... even in our Nation's Capitol... trying to storm the White House...

A Salute of Respect and Prayers for the sacrifices of our younger generation 76 years ago... and a curse on the people of the same age today, who are burning down our cities, rioting in our streets over What???, and looting the businesses that others have built, for their own personal gains...

We have gone from a nation of strength and national pride 75 and 80 years ago for our youth..... to a nation that is a total embarrassment 75 and 80 years later, of our youth.. that hates our country, wants anarchy on our streets, and desires to hand over our nation's history, and re write our future with it in the hands of foreign born illegal immigrants...Radical Muslims et al....

I apologize to those guys, who gave their lives up so young, in 1944, for our nation and the world... for the legacy our society has left them for their sacrifices....it should bring all Americans to tears...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
How soon and how easily we forget.

G*d bless them and their memory.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by bluefish
June 6, 1944. Beaches of Normandy. The memory and sacrifice of those brave soldiers is being tarnished by politicians on the Left and losers in the streets who have co-opted the death of a black man to turn cities to ruin. Many of these looters and politicians are children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren of these soldiers who ran forward into enemy gunfire in the name of freedom. They would be ashamed, I think. Today, I begin my morning in utter gratitude for the sacrifice made by those of stronger stuff than most of us. I hope each of you takes a moment today to remember the significance of that effort as well.

Please do more by telling us exactly who provided funding for Hitler to stay in power and arm Germany for military conflict. All I can say is thank you to those poor guys that came to Europe to straighten things out.

The same deep state cabal players who are funding Antifa, BLM and Dims today. Rockefellers, Rothschilds, Bilderbergs, Pincus, Warburgh, Bush, etc. The same folks Trump said he has a chance to break. The owners of the central banks, Fed, Wall Street, Hollywood, and the MSM. The ones Gayghost, SAC, la Roy, Ejp, Calledumb, Northmam, Jell0 and djs support.
The House of Saud until recently when Trump flipped them.

As Gutlie Rothschild truthfully said, "If my boys wanted no wars, there would be none".

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/06/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by StrayDog
I feel the U.S. should bring back the military draft. If someone spends a couple of years of their life in the service of the U.S., especially overseas, they may feel more connective with our flag, maybe even all lives would matter.

I did 2 tours of recruiting duty and saw that first hand. One thing I did notice when I was on active duty was that most the people calling for a draft never served themselves.

Well, I did get drafted and spent two years 1965-1967 and came out an E5, so at least my attitude wasn't as bad as you implied. Just my view of one shortfall of the current crop of discontented.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I actually was digging through some old stuff from Mom and found a dog tag that belonged to Her first husband . he was in Germany during the war and brought back some stuff. We are going to donate most of it to the local museum. One of the things we are keeping and are going to sell is a very old medal. It was from the days when Germany had Knights and Commanders. It is worth thousands of dollars to the right buyer.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seafire: Thou hast nailed it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

I'll second that.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Seafire: Thou hast nailed it.

Yes he did and generally does.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

We live in a newer neighborhood, mostly relatively young retirees. This morning the folks across the street are loading up to move across town, a few neighbors hanging out, helping, yakking. Many fly the flag on major holidays, and a few to show solidarity over the virus thing I guess. Only a few are veterans.

Anyhow, they asked me why I put up my flag today. D-Day doesn't show up on their radar, I guess.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most today don’t have a clue about what the Greatest Generation sacrificed.
For a little taste watch the Pacific on Amazon prime. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thank you.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Another fact to contemplate today also...

Of those young men who came ashore or landed from the sky behind enemy lines...
of those that survived June 6th 1944...

50% plus of them were dead and killed in combat, by June 20th 1944..

they needed to be remembered and honored just as much as those who lost their lives on June 6, 1944...

each young men who gave it all for their nation and the freedom of people all over Europe.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thank God for all of those good men and their generation.
We all owe them alot.

Salute!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I was in both Abn. divisions when in the service, the 101st and 82nd. Waiting to load a piece time aircraft before a jump I had butterflies. Always remember them on the nite of June 5th.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Its really hard to put into words what we owe all those who went in on D-day. It was probably the most consequential day in world history.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm old enough to have known a number of the "Greatest Generation". True they had great challenges, the depression and the war, but I would say any number todays kids would do as well at "just doing the job we were trained for"

My uncle Andy was in the first wave. He had a funny story about that night. My Dad came ashore later, they held up by the storms.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Another thought: These mostly younger young people who are protesting what they call "fascism" haven't a clue what real fascism is, or the existential threat it posed to civilization in those years.

Through the service and sacrifice of countless brave men and women, and likely divine intervention, it was stopped.

We should never forget, never.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 49 invisible), 2,306 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,304
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.