Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by turkish
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by JGRaider
$5 oil is just asinine. The economy boomed while crude sat at $50-$60bbl. That seems about right to me.

Spot on and many folks were employed at that time. Funny how folks here are pleased when unemployment is low yet want various companies, even industries to fall...

A whole lot of folks can’t see past the end of their nose, huh?

The markets need to be free and find the proper price..... bottom line

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Wifey is in the oil business, glad it is up some. They laid off 20% worldwide.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by EdM
$5 oil is just asinine. The economy boomed while crude sat at $50-$60bbl. That seems about right to me.

Spot on and many folks were employed at that time. Funny how folks here are pleased when unemployment is low yet want various companies, even industries to fall...

Nice thought but doesn’t work that way with cartels and over abundance in the wings.

Anything concerned with multiple National securities involved will be largely controlled with the occasional excesses and droughts.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
You bet, exxon bought at $30.50 8-9 weeks ago was near 60 bucks a few days ago, think it settled to around 47 today, i'll sit tight, watch it rise, then let er go.

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by EdM

With Wall Street setting the prices daily, it's never gonna be a "free" market. Too much $$$ to be made, and those boys have to have wide fluctuations to make any money.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by SCRUBS
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Nothing kills an economy quicker than high oil prices. Very bad news.

Oil and fuel prices are pretty low right now and the economy is struggling, so I don’t think that’s a good generalization.

Except for the fact that government curbed this economy and continues to do so, so there is always that...

True, and the point of my comment about a generalization about the price of oil.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by gunner500
You bet, exxon bought at $30.50 8-9 weeks ago was near 60 bucks a few days ago, think it settled to around 47 today, i'll sit tight, watch it rise, then let er go.

I bought xom, cvx, mpc, and et end of March. Bought mmp, slb, Hal and fang in early April. Guess I'm betting on a trump second term

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by jackmountain

I bought xom, cvx, mpc, and et end of March. Bought mmp, slb, Hal and fang in early April. Guess I'm betting on a trump second term

That, and even I know we aint ready for gayass battery and wind power, we have to have oil, plus, Exxon is in to all kinds of chit, if they die, we have a chit ton of problems to worry about, it'll be game on at that point, didn't mind at all laying down some HEAVY green on them.

Trump Won!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

We’re all betting on trump’s second term.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Higher fuel prices should mean less Floyd-19 destruction and death via Molotov cocktails.

IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
1.50 gal fuel is to low, 4.00 is to high

2.50 to 3.00 is good for everyone.

Kent

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Anyone putting money in the stock market or real estate is. Biden wins it will be the quickest down then in history. In all honesty, I don't think the U.S. would make it through the first four years. Biden wins, my main focus will be making our mountain property 100% self sufficient as quickly as possible.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Anyone putting money in the stock market or real estate is. Biden wins it will be the quickest down then in history. In all honesty, I don't think the U.S. would make it through the first four years. Biden wins, my main focus will be making our mountain property 100% self sufficient as quickly as possible.

It will be interesting to see see which candidate Wall Street throws their money at.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by EdM

No problem paying a bit more for gas. If it keeps. good paying jobs in the US. If the Texas oil fields tank it will just be easier to turn the state blue.

Big picture fellas

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by EdM

No problem paying a bit more for gas. If it keeps. good paying jobs in the US. If the Texas oil fields tank it will just be easier to turn the state blue.

Big picture fellas

^^^ +1......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bottom line is that the more volatile the price of oil is, the higher the average price will be. Volatility is tough on business that are volume users of fuel, including farms. Makes planning tough.

Keep it at $60, and I'm good. The $20 / barrels times don't help much, and the $150 episodes are killers......

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Saudi Arabia is a big welfare state. Every one on government tit. Natives will get restless at 30 dollar oil. Needs to be in 60 dollar range. SA learned a big lesson with crude war with Russia and US Shale producers. Will control output to raise prices back to acceptable level. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Nothing kills an economy quicker than high oil prices. Very bad news.

Nothing works better than supply and demand in the long run.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,455 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,572
Posts18,491,887
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.