Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

You wouldn't expect to have Meopta handle a Zeiss repair on a Conquest scope so why expect them to handle a Cabelas binocular?

I’m in agreement with regard to the Zeiss example, but the Cabela’s scopes bass pro is selling are labeled meopta on the scope and come with all the meopta paperwork including the booklet stating lifetime warranty. If meopta won’t warranty them I think it reflects poorly on them, but that’s just my take - and hopefully I never need to find out. And yes, normally I would just buy them through you Doug (as all my other meoptas have been!) but I had some bass pro gift cards and wanted to use them ...

That’s been my thought as well. The dang things have Meopta literally stamped on everything (scope, box and literature). So Meopta wanted the advertising, but won’t support the product because it’s not theirs? Convenient.

Give me land, lots of land, under starry skies above. Don't fence me in.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by backtobethel

Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

You wouldn't expect to have Meopta handle a Zeiss repair on a Conquest scope so why expect them to handle a Cabelas binocular?

I’m in agreement with regard to the Zeiss example, but the Cabela’s scopes bass pro is selling are labeled meopta on the scope and come with all the meopta paperwork including the booklet stating lifetime warranty. If meopta won’t warranty them I think it reflects poorly on them, but that’s just my take - and hopefully I never need to find out. And yes, normally I would just buy them through you Doug (as all my other meoptas have been!) but I had some bass pro gift cards and wanted to use them ...

That’s been my thought as well. The dang things have Meopta literally stamped on everything (scope, box and literature). So Meopta wanted the advertising, but won’t support the product because it’s not theirs? Convenient.

Again, just my opinion from being in the industry for a few decades and having had worked with a few companies with similar builds.

It all revolves around the contract agreement with the mfg (in this case Meopta) and the company placing the order (in this case Cabelas) as to how it works.
Cabalas could have requested Meopta warranty coverage on these products and perhaps Meopta responded that the price is Y with a Meopta warranty and X without a Meopta warranty and Cabelas chose X.
Cabalas could have requested Meopta not have their name anywhere on these products and perhaps Meopta responded that the price is Y with a Meopta logo and X without any Meopta logo and rebranded completely as a Cabelas optic (The way Zeiss did with the Zeiss Conquest scopes) and Cabelas chose X.

I personally have not seen a new one of these in the box. Does it come with a Meopta warranty or a Cabelas warranty? We did a run of GDLE Meopro 3.5-10x44 #4's with Meopta a few years ago and we paid to have Meopta packaging and Meopta warranties. That's how we wanted it.

Again, just my input

Last edited by gr8fuldoug; 06/15/20.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
They had a Cabelas written warranty, not Meopta. Seems like a very simple arrangement to me, which Doug described perfectly IMO.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I believe they came with a meopta instruction manual in them. I for one would be fine actually paying meopta to fix, my 2 cabelas branded meopta products. but it sounds like that may not even be an option. if that is the case that would irritate me. it sure wouldn't make me wanna pay for more meopta products if I got stuck with broken ones that I was willing to pay for them to fix but they refused.

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 06/15/20.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I would steer clear of Cabela’s branded optics until bass pro/cabelas corp. clears the warranty confusion up. It doesnt appear they have their customers’ best interest in mind.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B2

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
If their sorry warranty is anything like the Lifetime Warranty on boots and waders, I would steer clear. Lifetime apparently meant Cabela’s lifetime which ended with the Bass Pro takeover.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Not a lawyer,but my view is, and I have 3 sets of cabalas instinct binoculars, that my agreement was with cabalas. for lifetime. They are still operating as cabelas. even though there is different ownership of the company doesn't change my agreement with them. I think that my agreement is in force with them as long as they operate as cabelas. If they go bankrupt or change company name etcthen i could swallow it. A new owner just can't come in and selectively say your agreement with them is no longer in force. Do they say that to the owners of the buildings that the company the company supposedly leases space from? If I buy life insurance from a company for 30 years and a new company comes in a buys them my insurance is still in force even with a name change, I know thats a fact because i am handling an estate and that is exactly what happened. any way thats my view and if anything happens to my binos Ill be testing the theory.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 219DW, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,635
Posts18,512,118
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.