Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Originally Posted by Remsen
I have a cabin on some land about 10 miles south of White Sulphur. The hunting can be great, the winters are just as I like them (cold and plenty of snow) and the people are exactly as I'd want them (friendly enough and they mind their own business, as I mind mine). Personally, I hope the area is not "discovered", but there's a lot going for it if you're not a city person. There's a couple of 20 acre parcels for sale near mine and a few others have recently sold and prices seem to be jumping (I paid a bit over $20k for my 20 acres about 4 years ago, the most recent one sold for about 4 times that amount).

No chit eh....

If a 20 acre plot increased 4x in 4 years..................

Remsen's paradise has been discovered.

Sorry Remsen, that's the deal with nice locales and cheap property prices. I hope it slows down for you, at least as far as development goes. Maybe they just act like proper vacant landowners, hoping to build some day and never get around to it, but they continue to drive your property value up.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Plus, all the Ringling traffic to deal with...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I have a cabin on some land about 10 miles south of White Sulphur. The hunting can be great, the winters are just as I like them (cold and plenty of snow) and the people are exactly as I'd want them (friendly enough and they mind their own business, as I mind mine). Personally, I hope the area is not "discovered", but there's a lot going for it if you're not a city person. There's a couple of 20 acre parcels for sale near mine and a few others have recently sold and prices seem to be jumping (I paid a bit over $20k for my 20 acres about 4 years ago, the most recent one sold for about 4 times that amount).

No chit eh....

Sorry Remsen, that's the deal with nice locales and cheap property prices. I hope it slows down for you, at least as far as development goes. Maybe they just act like proper vacant landowners, hoping to build some day and never get around to it, but they continue to drive your property value up.

There ain't much out where he's referring to. The development is more over this way... Acres ain't cheap in MT for the average fellow...

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

No chit eh....

There ain't much out where he's referring to. The development is more over this way... Acres ain't cheap in MT for the average fellow...

Seems they were four years ago, if Remsen paid approx $1K per acre. That's a good price on raw land most anywhere.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If you move to WSS at least you will be in the same town as a great gunsmith, Ben Forkin!

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

No chit eh....

Seems they were four years ago, if Remsen paid approx $1K per acre. That's a good price on raw land most anywhere.

Sure, four years ago, w/o power, in BFE is my wag.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Robb10238
If you move to WSS at least you will be in the same town as a great gunsmith, Ben Forkin!

Get in early on some of the mine action... Services for miners. Brothel maybe.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

No chit eh....

Sure, four years ago, w/o power, in BFE is my wag.

Did Remsen run power in there and others are "profiting " from it? If so, they would be bastids!

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Plus, all the Ringling traffic to deal with...

All five of them? Shouldn't it be the Ringling 7?
[Linked Image from s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com]

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Food for thought. Montana Bureau of Mines website lists well logs. This can be useful if you're thinking of putting a well on a place. More of a reference to see if there are any wells in an area of interest, how deep are they, types of soil, how many gpm, etc...

IC B3

V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
I think I am going to concentrate on the Libby area.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by viking
I think I am going to concentrate on the Libby area.

Nice place. We will be fishing over there in a month. I am about twenty miles west as the crow flies.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (12344mag, 21, 1234, 01Foreman400, 1Longbow, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,081 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,016
Posts18,481,606
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.