Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Jo Mamma! I wonder if the bottles will now be a collector's item?

Apparently they have already reached collector status around here. ZERO Aunt Jemima on the shelf at our local IGA last night. No Mix. No Syrup. The original mix has been my go to for the past 40 years...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I ceased using Aunt Jemima before Log Cabin stopped using cabin shaped cans. I use 100% maple syrup.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
For the love of God, what's next? Taking Barbra Bush's face off the box of Quaker Oats?[Linked Image from logolynx.com]

They [bleep] better!
I'm a white guy from Pa.
It offends the heck out of me to have that picture along with
"Quaker Oats". The Quakers were a flaky cult. Why do they
portray a white man that way. It ain't right. I just ain't right.
No wonder we are being kept down. What with everyone
bringing up our puritanical ways.

Anyone know that the Quakers didn't believe in sex? Ever?
That's partly why they died out. This picture reminds
women of that. Stiffles the sex drive. No wonder we have
so many angry white men.

And newspapers, we need to ban them.
Ever wonder why they use black ink?
Because the black ink is on top of, and over the white paper.
Racist I tell you.
Just another way to keep the man down...

Full sarcasm here!

Post of the week Dillonbuck!

Thanks, I needed a good laugh. smile

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Of course.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben are no more offensive as racial stereotypes then calling Arthur Ashe a good tennis player.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’m tired of all that crap. They need to get over it!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben are no more offensive as racial stereotypes then calling Arthur Ashe a good tennis player.

In fact, I find it rather insulting to imply that large smiling black women that have spent the majority of their life in a kitchen are not the best cooks in the world. They're absolutely trained to perfection in their skill of preparing excellent food.

The next thing you know some liberal will be screaming that Jesse Owens needs to turn in his gold medals because he was the only black guy standing a podium of white people in the Olympics... therefore he is obviously an Uncle Tom.

People have lost their absolute damn minds.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Out of pure coincidence I put this up on my Facebook page yesterday while I was in Richmond. True story.

"Had to come to Richmond to deal with probate regarding my dad. Spent the night in the family home and remembered a story.

I might have been about 13 and for some particular reason I wanted to become a hunter. My father was not a hunter, but being a good dad he tried to help his son. He's sold life insurance back in the day... really believed in it... used to say " giving your family security if anything ever happens to you... is the greatest thing a man can do for the people he loves."

Anyway, he took me out to Gum Springs, VA and introduced me to one of his life insurance clients, Mr. Ashe... who was going to help me learn to hunt.

Mr. Ashe was a fascinating man, and told me wonderful hunting and fishing and camping stories. Really neat stuff for a boy. He was a simple blue collar man, living in a very simple house right next to I-64, but he was full of spirit... and he liked me. I spent quite a bit of time there... he had lots of woods and lots of game.

The one thing odd about his house however versus my parent's house... was that his house had shelves on the walls... floor to ceiling in almost every room... I had never seen that.

Sometimes he would call me over from myvlunch and smile and point at those shelves... overstuffed with thousands of tennis trophies.

I had no idea about any of it at the time... I just knew that I liked Mr Ashe Sr. and that he liked me."

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
For the love of God, what's next? Taking Barbra Bush's face off the box of Quaker Oats?[Linked Image from logolynx.com]

What about that little naked white girl on Coppertone bottles

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 1bigdude

What about that little naked white girl on Coppertone bottles

Epstein bought and was hoarding all of those before he did not hang himself.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by High_Noon

What? Has there been talk of eliminating Aunt Jemima?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...cs/14974946/rip-aunt-jemima#Post14974946

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Morewood
Nah, but I do have a book of matches from Sambo's.

I own a copy of the book "Little Black Sambo". I've had it for nearly 60 years. Guess that makes my guilty of some heinous hate crime.

I noticed that one of the tennis playing Williams brothers is on the Wheaties box. Why is that ok?

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Richardson told Sheinelle Jones on TODAY Wednesday. "Aunt Jemima is that kind of stereotype that is premised on this idea of Black inferiority and otherness.

That's like saying Dizzy Gillespie is a racial stereotype to a polka musician because Dizzy has big cheeks and large lips...

It is my further considered opinion that the Cracker Jack snack company should stop issuing PHDs to these morons.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
New replacements are already on the shelf.

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Uncle Ben and Mrs. Butterworth are headed down the road also.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Aunt Jemima's Buttermilk Complete is the best pancake mix available, IMHO. I guess the box in my pantry will be a collector's item some day. We only use pure maple syrup on our pancakes.

Regarding JeffyD's comment above, I remember "Little Black Sambo". I had one of those children's books when I was a child in the early 1950s. The tiger chased Sambo around the coconut tree until he melted (the tiger, that is) and turned to butter, as I recall.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Soul food never happened.

Corn bread is racist.

I am offended that wonderbread is called white bread when it is clearly tan on the outside!

Don't get me started about beans. You don't know the half of it!

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 06/18/20.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I like Log Cabin.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I used Aunt Jemima original for years, it's what dad always used.

I switched to Krusteaz mix about 10 years ago, so much better.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Back in college I poked a cute black chick a couple times...she could really use both sets of lips...Honest to Pete her name was Jemima...what does rhat make me????

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (12344mag, 1234, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 56 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,175
Posts18,484,632
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.