Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Redneck
They just said the administration went about it the wrong way... Hopefully, they'll try again and do it the RIGHT way..

^^^^^
This...
It was a strike down on procedures only.
Basically a refusal to hear the case based on procedures of the filing.
0 ruling on the gist or merits of the case

Yep, This is what I read from it, Rene.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Why do you guys hate DACA so? 95% of them are working or in school. Paying taxes, consuming good, being productive. What about then frightens you? Wouldn't be skin color would it.

You will continue to whine and hate, of course. It's what you do.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
How can there be a procedural issue with a new EO withdrawing/overwriting an existing one?

Seems like a very simple procedure to my mind.

If I understand the issue correctly there was not a "new EO withdrawing/overwriting an existing one"

The Trump administration attempted to thwart Obama's EO through the courts instead of him issuing his own Executive Order ending the practice.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Morewood
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
How can there be a procedural issue with a new EO withdrawing/overwriting an existing one?

Seems like a very simple procedure to my mind.

If I understand the issue correctly there was not a "new EO withdrawing/overwriting an existing one"

The Trump administration attempted to thwart Obama's EO through the courts instead of him issuing his own Executive Order ending the practice.

Okay. That was stupid of him. Didn't know that. He has failed on so many levels to simply fulfill his campaign promises (most of which require the exercise of very basic presidential powers), that I cannot keep up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought a new President could say his predecessors EO were null and void. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Sounded like a procedural thing to me. When politicians are making up rules they have to do so while abiding by their own rules. Having said this, I never saw what was so scary about the "dreamers" and thought the whole thing was a waste of time. GD

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
For me, there’s too damned many people in this country.

For me, after moving up north from Texas, I had Canadian Nationals for neighbors who would constantly crap on the US, meanwhile owning land and working here for nearly their whole adult life. It was just like that episode of King of the Hill. Is there reciprocity? Not so much.

Screw it, our borders are like a gd sieve.

Last edited by huskyrunner; 06/18/20.
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We need to retake the House....period.

Once that is done, we need to demand to pass laws they were intended to pass, by Congress. That way, the Court can’t just decide from the bench. Or at least make it harder.

Otherwise, it’s over for sure.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was wrong. Trump did issue an EO ending DACA. SC said he can't do that.

Roberts is deep state.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This was a legitimate case.

Department of Homeland Security v. Regents of the University of California.

Chief Justice John Roberts and four liberal justices claim that the administration had failed to offer sufficient reasons for rescinding the policy and had failed to provide enough consideration about what would happen to the 700,000 people who had registered for the DACA program.These liberal dumb-asses don't want their permanent illegal voting base to be deported.Roberts is a deep state asset who uses legal double talk to hinder this administration.

The argument before the Court is not whether DHS may rescind DACA.Everyone agrees that it may. The dispute is instead primarily about the procedure the agency used in doing so.This is bull-s-h-i-t.

On one hand the court claims that DHS has the right to rescind DACA but on the other hand they claim it can't be done in this manner.In other words,the president has legal authority to do this but not on our watch.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Trump is responsible for crp scotus appts.

We aint voting our way out of this here predicament. Been tried, but the ruling class is having none of it.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Why do you guys hate DACA so? 95% of them are working or in school. Paying taxes, consuming good, being productive. What about then frightens you? Wouldn't be skin color would it.

More like 55% have jobs according to MPI. As usual, you’re making schit up on the spot to try and make a point.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/res...pients-education-industry-and-occupation

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One picture is worth a thousand words.

[Linked Image]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

besides your numbers being wrong, its about having illegal decrees shoved down my throat,
its about a ruling class deciding the fate of the people who pay their salary , without the payers consent being considered.
its about a globalist agenda that I dont agree with.

tell me why you think its a good idea mrs beans?

.... like tears in the rain
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Roberts strikes again. I’m starting to feel like a broken record...

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by RAS
We need to retake the House....period.

Once that is done, we need to demand to pass laws they were intended to pass, by Congress. That way, the Court can’t just decide from the bench. Or at least make it harder.

Otherwise, it’s over for sure.

Ain’t gonna happen. Even if we did get both houses and the WH (which ain’t likely), way too many deep Stater’s and rinos permanently entrenched in government. Flame away but our best days are behind us. Stick a fork in, we’re done...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The procedural excuse is Bullshît according to Clarence Thomas Dissent.

And yes Roberts actually created new precedent again pushing SCOTUS into a quasi legislative body.

Read for yourself if you really give a damn or not but i'm not c&p the whole article.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2020/06/18/justice-thomass-daca-dissent-n2570894

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rte
Someone is holding the Sword of Damocles over the head of John Roberts.

In what kind of illegal activity did Roberts engage for him to betray this nation,pedophilia,illegal adoption?

Citizens want to know.

IMO Roberts is a “country club republican” he was never a constitutionalist. He was appointed by Bush and has a similar worldview to the Bush family. That Roberts gets some adoration and attention from the media is a bonus to him but he’s never been a constitutionalists or even a nationalist looking out for what’s best for this country.

The left won’t even consider nominating someone that isn’t a radical leftist devoted to rewriting our laws and cuckservitives go right along with confirming them. The RINO right nominate judges that half the time aren’t real firm constitutionalist.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Ben Shapiro discusses in depth. Very good...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQiD7exzLMM

Tarquin
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Chief Justice Benedict Roberts just doing what's in his nature.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (69sportfury, 17CalFan, Akhutr, 450yukon, 375sunrise, 907brass, 15 invisible), 1,566 guests, and 1,044 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,526
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.