Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Rolly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
How many times have you heard about some case or another being an IAC? I just read some poster on this site say that a 35 Whelen was an IAC. We have all heard that about 222, 223, 243, 6mmppc, etc. on and on. Do you believe there is such a thing? I don't believe any reasonably designed case is inherently more accurate than another. What do you think ?

Rolly
HR IC

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
what I know, in my limited experience, is that there are some cartridges that, when chambered in a good quality rifle with a good quality barrel, seem to just want to shoot accurately and precisely with almost no regard to bullet selection, powder selection, powder charge, bullet seating depth, moly vs. non-moly, etc...

And there are some that even when given a quality rifle with quality bbl, that tend to be a bit more finicky ...

But I've also found that when handloading, once can make just about any quality rifle shoot well (read: accurately and precisely) ...

Do I believe that some cartridge designs are truly IAC's? I can't say ... I'm not a an expert on things of that nature by any stretch of the imagination ...

-WGM-
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
.270 Win rifles are pretty good about shooting lots of off-the-shelf ammo very were. IOW, they aren't tempermental or picky.

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lee24
.270 Win rifles are pretty good about shooting lots of off-the-shelf ammo very were. IOW, they aren't tempermental or picky.

Maybe you're right ... but still, according to you, the .270win is pretty much only good for shooting game about the size of a fox or smaller, so what does it really matter how well it shoots?

Why not tell us about the IA, or lack of IA, of the big game cartridges you've used to take numerous elk, buffalo, deer, etc? Oh yah ... I almost forgot ... You haven't taken any game, ever, that you can provide evidence of ... silly me!

-WGM-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WGM
what I know, in my limited experience, is that there are some cartridges that, when chambered in a good quality rifle with a good quality barrel, seem to just want to shoot accurately and precisely with almost no regard to bullet selection, powder selection, powder charge, bullet seating depth, moly vs. non-moly, etc...

And there are some that even when given a quality rifle with quality bbl, that tend to be a bit more finicky ...

But I've also found that when handloading, once can make just about any quality rifle shoot well (read: accurately and precisely) ...

Do I believe that some cartridge designs are truly IAC's? I can't say ... I'm not a an expert on things of that nature by any stretch of the imagination ...

Exactly! Is it possible? Yes, but its not provable!

War Damn Eagle!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I rate IAC stuff right up there with talks about this or that round being efficient...grins

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=.280Rem
Exactly! Is it possible? Yes, but its not provable! [/quote]

Actually it's easy to prove..

Almost all the current benchrest accuracy records are held by PPC based cartridges. If the PPC's weren't inherantly more accurate they wouldn't hold all the records............................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
It is an old gun writer phrase. The newer writers some times ape some of the older language so it perpetuates. I have seen enough plain jayne cartridges chambered in match grade barrels just for the hell of it, to see how they performed to know that a properly set up rifle makes them all inherently accurate.

AGW

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
. . . . . and it never hurts to have a steely-eyed rifleman behind the controls, either. One with the thousand yard stare. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Aussie, I have never heard bullshit come from you. Off topic but; you speak with experience, and never pile on anyone. I appreciate that, and am a little weary of it.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The more I shoot, the more "myths and legends" I find are bunk in some areas. I firmly believe that a sound rifle is a sound rifle (barrel in good shape/quality, screwed on right, bedding good, trigger, good, scope, mounts, etc) and cartridges be darned.

Karma and Trouble have busses, and there's always an empty seat.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Aussie, I have never heard bullshit come from you. Off topic but; you speak with experience, and never pile on anyone. I appreciate that, and am a little weary of it.

Thanks mate,I did not come here to blow my own trumpet, which is why I am a nobody, just AGW. If I can help a few people and save them a dollar or two in developing what they need to get the job done, that is my reward.

AGW

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
I rate IAC stuff right up there with talks about this or that round being efficient...grins

Dober

very funny Mark.........grin

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
That statement about IAC has about as much merit as the mule manure in my corral

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Absolutely some cartridges are more inherently accurate than others. That don't mean the others can't be made to shoot also though. And absolutely some cartidges are more efficient than others, that ones a no-brainer, obviously.......

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Somewhere in my stack of old Rifle and Handloader mags, there is an article by Ross Seyfried in which he said that barrel quality, bedding, care in chambering, scope and mounts, etc, etc was more important than anything else. That's all I can remember now . I'll have to look for it

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaydub in wi
Somewhere in my stack of old Rifle and Handloader mags, there is an article by Ross Seyfried in which he said that barrel quality, bedding, care in chambering, scope and mounts, etc, etc was more important than anything else. That's all I can remember now . I'll have to look for it

Wow, I wasn't too far off grin

Karma and Trouble have busses, and there's always an empty seat.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by saddlesore
That statement about IAC has about as much merit as the mule manure in my corral

Mule manure is very unpretentious. It is, what it is. That is merit within itself.

AGW

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Absolutely some cartridges are more inherently accurate than others. That don't mean the others can't be made to shoot also though. And absolutely some cartidges are more efficient than others, that ones a no-brainer, obviously.......

Explain............

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by High_Brass
Originally Posted by jaydub in wi

Wow, I wasn't too far off grin

That is a given. I'm pretty sure the question was asked under the pretense of all things being equal.....

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,575 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,295
Posts18,525,777
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.