Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
No, there are true tuckable IWB holsters. I don't use them, because they slow access.

You cannot tuck past the belt attachment hooks or loops.............they still show.

MM

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm a devotee of the El Paso Saddlery C-Force IWB holster. Here's mine holding my Glock 26. I carry it at 4:00, generally only covered by an untucked polo shirt. Same holster can also be used for the Glock 17 or Glock 19, or any of the .40 S&W versions of same.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
No, there are true tuckable IWB holsters. I don't use them, because they slow access.

You cannot tuck past the belt attachment hooks or loops.............they still show.

MM

Depending on the design, you can tuck the shirt quite deep, such as all the way down to near the muzzle area of the gun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Still bloused over, still have clips exposed..................at best.

Wear a cover garment, or you will be exposed at some point using a "tucked" IWB.

MM

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Everyone knows the .32 ACP is inadequate for self defense. Which is why I carry one. The DWM Ortgies patent pistol is about as thick as a cowboy wallet with several credit cards. The "holsters" are a rectangular piece of stiff leather with a softer molded holster sewn to one side. From the rear it looks like a cowboy/truckdriver chain drive wallet. Legally it would be hard to make the case that it was concealed or open carry. The pistol itself has very positive grip safety, that makes a very audible click when depressed. Is it the ideal carry gun? Only for me. Almost any body contortion can be executed and the weapon will not fall out...when was the last time your wallet fell out? It is uncomfortable on long drives...but so is my wallet in the left rear pocket. Will it hold off an antifa attack? No, but it might keep me from getting an asskicking at the 7/11. Sorry I can't post pictures, it would be self explanatory.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A golf or polo shirt, untucked, is all you need. I can conceal a full sized 1911 that way, and a compact gun like a Glock 26 or Glock 43 virtually disappears under such an arrangement. I carry IWB at the 4:00 position.

That said, you should avoid pocket carry. Most of the time when you need your handgun, you need it quite quickly, and you have to be able to go from a relaxed posture to having your hand properly positioned on the grip of the gun pretty near instantly. That's just not possible with pants pocket carry.

Sure, it's a lot better than nothing, but belt carry is a lot better than pocket carry. A lot better.

^^^^^
This is my method. I have a large drawer full of holsters, most were mistakes from long ago. Bought a Crossbreed super tuck last winter as another test and like the design but never "tuck". I like bigger pistols and this design is working right now. I'm getting another for backup. Holsters are wear items if you really use them. If you find something that works good go on and order another.

Everyone is different, and work sometimes dictates what can and can not be carried. My wife says I use holsters like women do shoes. The biggest issue for me now is training and practice with the different guns and carry options. For me the waistband, in or out, is the most practical method to carry a larger pistol and by far the easiest/quickest to get into action.

I'll admit to carrying a pocket rocket once in a while when there is no other option. I carry too much other stuff in my front pockets so a wallet type or one of the leather hook types goes in the back pocket.

Train with whatever you decide to get even it its only dry fire in the house.

Last edited by blindshooter; 06/23/20.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I think you sent that video to me before. I have an IWB holster made by CYA that's almost identical to the one in Glock video. You can adjust the CYA holster for ease of pull and I keep mine tilted just like in the Glock video. The problem is that the tip of the barrel of my Glock 27 is still about 2 1/2" below the belt line and even if I wear it in front the bulge is very noticeable with a tucked in shirt. Who knows maybe women will like the bulge.

https://www.cyasupply.com/collectio...aistband-iwb-holster?variant=27319194950

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Ain't no substitute for size & capacity for serious social intercourse .............all else is somewhat less effective.

MM
That's what the Vo Ag teacher's wife said after I f u cked her in the alley outside the gym at Prom.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
LCR left front pocket in a Desantis Nemesis. Usually with one of the following:

P365 or G19 OWB behind right hip in either a Dale Fricke Gideon Elite or a Milt Sparks 55BN. Untucked shirt works for me. It may print some but not enough for me to sweat it.

I really hate to wear IWB.....when I do it's with a clipdraw and triggerguard loop on the 365 or G19. I've tried several high quality IWB holsters and just much prefer OWB.

R
RJY66 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
This is a great thread. I'm in the same boat as RJY66. It's been real helpful to hear all of the replies.

It really has. Most of the people here are helpful and terrific.

Thanks guys.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Wear a cover garment, or you will be exposed at some point using a "tucked" IWB.

MM

That's what J-clips are for. When the clips match the belt, no one ever notices.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

MM

That's what J-clips are for. When the clips match the belt, no one ever notices.

And I have some swampland in DC for sale too, if'n yer interested........................... wink

MM

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

MM

And I have some swampland in DC for sale too, if'n yer interested........................... wink

MM

Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
People don't pay attention to [bleep] outside of what's right in front of their face, usually their cell phone. Too distracted about social media, what to fix for dinner, little Johnny getting suspended from school, the four hours sleep they got the night before, or how they're going to pay their bills to give a damn about a "bulge" in your waistband. Once you figure that out, it gets a lot easier.

All the same, I almost always wear a cover garment, or as we call them here a "gun burka".

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 06/24/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I have been reading, looking, Shooting guns of my friends for a while now.

I Wanted something more than a 380. considered many 9ms but I bought a 38sp rated +P.

It has only 5 shots but I expect most times a gun is used it will be fired less than 5 times.

I took it to the range yesterday and ran about 30 rounds thru it. I shoot it as well as I do most of the small autos.

I ran some loads I shoot in my Dan Wesson 15, which are almost +P and it worked.

The unloaded weight is 16 oz. It has a good grip and for me is easy to control.

It seems that a wheel gun just works better for me.

I don`t expect I will ever fire it any place other than the range. It should work for me. We will see after a few hundred rounds down the range.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
When I'm close to a Basspro shop, I want to use club points on a Browning 22 auto. Cheaper to practice with, and a few 22 hollow points would have to do a lot of damage. And let's us all Pray, we never have to shoot anyone.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wabigoon
When I'm close to a Basspro shop, I want to use club points on a Browning 22 auto. Cheaper to practice with, and a few 22 hollow points would have to do a lot of damage. And let's us all Pray, we never have to shoot anyone.

Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I have an eye out for a .22lr snub revolver, Ruger or S&W. I used to read up on everything pertaining to "stopping power" I could find, PLusP all the way whatever it was. Now I lean more towards "nobody wants to get shot, with anything".

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I have an eye out for a .22lr snub revolver, Ruger or S&W. I used to read up on everything pertaining to "stopping power" I could find, PLusP all the way whatever it was. Now I lean more towards "nobody wants to get shot, with anything".

S&W 317 is my favorite and I have had a number of different flavors...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
This is a great thread. I'm in the same boat as RJY66. It's been real helpful to hear all of the replies.

It seems as though most of you carry IWB. It looks uncomfortable a schit. Do you guys get used to it, or is it not as uncomfortable as it looks.

It's not uncomfortable at all and it's the gold standard of concealed carry as far as I'm concerned.

Wear a wife beater or similar under whatever the outer garment is. I prefer kydex to leather because kydex keeps the nasty off the firearm.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

MM

I would never bother with a tuckable IWB.

I've seen other guys try them and they're a gimmick at best IMO.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (6mmCreedmoor, 44mc, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 325wsm1, 11 invisible), 12,463 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,229
Posts18,544,010
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.