Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Got plenty of places to drop a kayak into within minutes of home. Chose some Wisconsin River backwater today. Is everyone getting some use of their kayaks this summer?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like fun,but where's your pole?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sadly, not enough. Have taken the fishing boat out a bit, and been camping. Here's one I have handy:

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Where are the fish?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i did a float over mm day weekend and it was nice. supposed to do an all-dayer over the 4th but we'll see. i think it was the beer talking. regardless, i will be on the raystown branch next weekend and following week quite a bit. my buddy said the smallies are killing the yamamoto senko's in watermelon so i bought a few packs. love yakking.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Went out the 1st time on May 1st, been at Least a doz times, now or more! I just started Kayaking last Sept. and Love it!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
One kayak trip so far on the Pack River. Lots of water this year. Just now starting to warm up here.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Where are the fish?
Left my fishing "Yak" in the garage. Today was a deer scouting trip along the river islands.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
We paddled a little this year. The photo is in the Atchafalaya basin with the water a little high.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not a 'yaker, but gonna float the Wild and Scenic section of the Rogue next week over the fourth.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve
Not a 'yaker

Never too late to start. smile

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Went last night.....

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
That is a serious looking tricked out NuCanoe. A friend is wondering about the purpose of the slit pool noodle. grin

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I am jonesin to get on some water here in the driftless area once my work slows down. I am not into the sitting quite so low anymore, but there are some way cool looking fishing yaks , pontoons and that kakukayak has some cool looking gear!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by roundoak
That is a serious looking tricked out NuCanoe. A friend is wondering about the purpose of the slit pool noodle. grin

Knowin' Al - padded rifle rest. laugh

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SKane

My friend said the thought never occurred to him that it would be a rifle rest. Shooting prone would be mighty difficult, so it would have to have a functioning height adjustment.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Mine will be sitting here[again] on the New River for the first time of the year tomorrow as I sip a cold beverage.
We've been flooding off and on so far and the river has finally settled down a bit.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am going to do a little work on a vacation day. As the recreational boating safety program manager, one of my greatest concerns is paddle sports safety. 15 years ago, canoe, kayak and paddleboard fatalities comprised about 12 percent of the annual recreational boating fatalities. That number is about 23% right now. With big box stores mostly sold out and specialty retailers sold way low, there are a lot of new paddlers on the water.

Wearing a PFD would prevent about 80% of paddlesports fatalities. If you are like me, you don't like the confining, heat retaining nature of a typical life vest. I started using CG approved manual inflatable belts. They are so comfortable, I forget I am wearing one. I have loaded my kayak into the truck and started driving home, then realized I still had it on. The offer the absolute lowest level of protection in a PFD, but I like my chances of preventing the need for one in the first place, so it's a good spot for me in the compromise between protection and wearability.

https://www.wholesalemarine.com/stearns-manual-inflatable-pfd-belt/ Not recommending this particular model or this particular vendor. Just an example.

How many of you have any identifying markings on your paddlecraft? You, the taxpayers, spend MILLIONS of dollars a year when paddle craft are found adrift and no identifying markings are on them. This initiates a long and drawn out search effort. I will send any of you who want them some ID labels that you can fill in with a paint pen or permanent marker and some other items in a care package if you will to PM me your address. I won't be in the office until Tuesday, so I'll get them out then.

A paddle craft is a vessel and as such has to meet certain equipment carriage requirements. In most jurisdictions a PFD and sound producing device (like a referees whistle) are required. The whistle is required by the navigation rules. If you operate at night you have to have lighting that meets the requirement. If you operate at night in large coastal water bodies or offshore, you will likely have to have flares as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hot plans to use it as a safe place to lean the rods on....failed experiment.....

Originally Posted by SKane
A friend is wondering about the purpose of the slit pool noodle. grin

Keep the camera handy for the next episode of America's Funniest Home Videos...... grin

It's hard enough to lift one cheek to fart w/o upsetting the boat.

Forget standing to take a whiz, & it ain't long enough to throw over the side...... tired

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back to Paul the dipschidt now.

I rigged a fishfinder on mine last week. I hope to try it out tomorrow.

A transducer will shoot beautifully through the hull of a rotomolded kayak. A bed of medium duty silicone serves as the attachment point between the hull and transducer. It must be free of air bubbles. A kneeling mat serves as the battery (12V deer feeder type) holder. It is held down with the same medium duty silicone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, 20 invisible), 14,524 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,984
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.