J
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

I am MAGA.
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I guess shooting things on a ridge edge w/ no regard for what is on the other side is best reserved for those who wear tweed. I have watched the Hailstones and understand that they live in a world far different from mine.

#duxshootstuffontheskyline.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
The duk believes that subsistence hunting is done properly while wearing tweed w/ a bespoke double.

What a gomer, anyone that hasn't ground sluiced a duck or a grouse hasn't been very hungry.

mike r

I must atone for I have sluiced several ducks and geese over the years on water.

They were called “cripples” and me, playing the role as the dog, was Not gonna chase feathers all over the bay.

Please forgive.

😇😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
I guess shooting things on a ridge edge w/ no regard for what is on the other side is best reserved for those who wear tweed. I have watched the Hailstones and understand that they live in a world far different from mine.

Except, it was on my family property. No structures or people for possibly 4 miles in that particular direction. And with a SHOTGUN.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by duck911
Anyhow, aside from trolls trolls derailing the thread....

My main point was, I found it interesting how the concepts of fair chase and not harassing migratory waterfowl are allowed for some, but not all.

So many here call for equality and claim racism or reverse racism. Surprised the same folks are defending Chip, just because I posted this.

#CJG

People are defending Chip because they don't have their head up their butt, but actually worked at their history class, specifically treaties and the rights thereunder extended to natives.It doesn't matter whether you think it is illegal/legal, sporting/unsporting, it just is under the law as derived from treaties and in Alaska's case, likely some other subsistence laws/regulations.

You have to learn to look at the world from other perspectives, not just your own.

BTW, I don't agree with it all, but it is what it is. It won't be changing anytime soon.

IC B2

D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Beaver10
The duk believes that subsistence hunting is done properly while wearing tweed w/ a bespoke double.

What a gomer, anyone that hasn't ground sluiced a duck or a grouse hasn't been very hungry.

mike r

I must atone for I have sluiced several ducks and geese over the years on water.

They were called “cripples” and me, playing the role as the dog, I was Not gonna chase feathers all over the bay.

Please forgive.

😇😎

As stated, sluicing a crip on the water is A-OK.

My last banded duck was a redhead that kept diving on me, deeper and deeper out into the lake. I was blasting that fugger every time his head popped up.

Shot 10/19, banded in Smiley Lake, Sask, Canada 6/12

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Never watched the schit you speak of. Seriously!

Don’t really watch TV and never really been into it despite being young by campfire standards. Only 34.

My kids watch a little tv and that’s fine by me. We keep them busy playing with toys and outside. My wife didn’t have cable TV till 26. We got rid of it pretty quickly. .

Duck seems like a deusche rocket to me. as well as most humans, but he really plays the part well.

Most TV is fake, fake, and really fake. So could give a fugg less. News channels are fugging unreal fake and BS

If someone is truly subsistence hunting I don’t give a schitt how they kill it as long as it’s not for sport and they eat it

Don’t get me wrong
We have internet and netflix( rarely used), but we spend more time working, raising kids, and having fun. Rather than worrying about fake( reality TV)

Duck, maybe you should do the same

BTW duck. Trump 2020!!!!!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
If I’m jumping geese and I don’t get a couple on the water I always figure I didn’t plan right.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Except, it was on my family property. No structures or people for possibly 4 miles in that particular direction. And with a SHOTGUN.

Fowling on the family estate in proper tweeds w/ my Purdey double actually. The duk of doom gets more amusing w/ every post.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by AB2506

People are defending Chip because they don't have their head up their butt, but actually worked at their history class, specifically treaties and the rights thereunder extended to natives.It doesn't matter whether you think it is illegal/legal, sporting/unsporting, it just is under the law as derived from treaties and in Alaska's case, likely some other subsistence laws/regulations.

You have to learn to look at the world from other perspectives, not just your own.

BTW, I don't agree with it all, but it is what it is. It won't be changing anytime soon.

I get it. I understand the legal and historical aspects, and the deviations from the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.

But folks here make it seem as though that family is hunting hand-to-mouth to stay alive.

I have already suggested that they are subsistence hunting because they **CAN**, not because they have to, to stay alive.

Anyone here who thinks the Hailstones NEED to sluice ducks to stay alive are delusional. For fuggs sake, it is a drama show on *Nat Geo*. Probably worse than friggin CNN.

They are showing hunters in a HORRIBLE light.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

IC B3

D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by widrahthaar
If I’m jumping geese and I don’t get a couple on the water I always figure I didn’t plan right.

I'm on 100% on board if we are wiping out some spring snow geese.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AB2506

I get it. I understand the legal and historical aspects, and the deviations from the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.

But folks here make it seem as though that family is hunting hand-to-mouth to stay alive.

I have already suggested that they are subsistence hunting because they **CAN**, not because they have to, to stay alive.

Anyone here who thinks the Hailstones NEED to sluice ducks to stay alive are delusional. For fuggs sake, it is a drama show on *Nat Geo*. Probably worse than friggin CNN.

They are showing hunters in a HORRIBLE light.

Oh I get it, but it doesn't say whether you can only subsistence hunt if you can't afford it, it just says that you can and probably most do.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by widrahthaar

I'm on 100% on board if we are wiping out some spring snow geese.

I jump shoot Canada geese off a retention pond here in the city limits at a factory that wants them gone.

Never felt guilty about smoking one on the water.

Last edited by widrahthaar; 06/25/20.
D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by kevinJ

Don’t get me wrong
We have internet and netflix( rarely used), but we spend more time working, raising kids, and having fun. Rather than worrying about fake( reality TV)

Duck, maybe you should do the same

BTW duck. Trump 2020!!!!!

My kids are raised and gone, limited TV when they were here. Tonight was the first time I have ever even seen this stupid show, hence my post. It was news to me that the criminal on the show was actually a member here, as you read.

And if we don't get Trump for 4 more years, we are in a world of hurt!

Last edited by duck911; 06/25/20.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
DuckRescue gonna' shyte hisself' when he watches the episode where Chuckles stuffs the frag grenade down the narwhal's blowhole with a lacrosse stick, under power no less.

wink

D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
DuckRescue gonna' shyte hisself' when he watches the episode where Chuckles stuffs the frag grenade down the narwhal's blowhole with a lacrosse stick, under power no less.

wink

Not exactly sure what that all even means, but chit, narwhals and explosives???

COUNT ME IN!!!

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Narwhals Lives Matter, only Kamo G can make blowhole and frag into a coherent sentence.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Narwhals Lives Matter, only Kamo G can make blowhole and frag into a coherent sentence.

mike r

"FARR IN THE (NARWHAL) HOLE! COVER!"

WHUMP!

Next stop, brief, plaintive narwhal moans and tears followed by long knives and kind of weird but welcome fatty red meat fish-flavored steaks... Ahhhh yeaaaahhhh, playa! Who's bringing the crates of malt liquor, y'all? Big dinnaz to-nite!

wink

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
When I was a kid I killed 7 gambels quail with one shot. They were all bunched up acting retarded so I shot into the middle and filled my bag. That was the first day I got my 15 bird limit.

D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Might as well post some fair chase dead waterfowl and upland game, for fuggs sake!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My son's first goose. He is now a strapping lad......

[Linked Image]

Crazy this is the same little boy..... (with my wife)

[Linked Image]

Last edited by duck911; 06/25/20.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 160user, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 44 invisible), 2,942 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,657
Posts18,533,947
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.