Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
V
I just sent a new M2 barrel to Benelli service because the factory cross threaded the choke into the barrel....I have owned at least a dozen Benelli shotguns over the years but never had occasion to use their service dept...So far I'm not to impressed as they never offered to send me a call tag, I had to send the barrel back on my own dime.....Anybody had experience with Benelli service? Thanks Hb

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Benelli/Beretta customer service has a fairly bad reputation. It's seldom needed but when it is from what I hear it's a tough go.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I sheared a shell extractor off a SBE 5 years ago or so. My LGS packed it up, shipped it and I had it back no questions asked fairly quickly.

V
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by MOGC
Benelli/Beretta customer service has a fairly bad reputation. It's seldom needed but when it is from what I hear it's a tough go.

Yeah I have had some experience with Beretta service on a Sako 85 with the notorious straight up ejection issue and they told me the rifle was in spec and for Me to more or less go pound sand!......Hb

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A Benelli M2 20 gauge that I bought 2nd hand 7-8 years ago developed a sticky stock, kind of like when DEET gets on plastic. I called them and gave them the serial number, itโ€™s apparently a known issue. They are replacing the stock without any fuss, itโ€™s taking a while because of the COVID stuff in Italy Iโ€™ve been told, but CS has been much more helpful than what I expected

David

IC B2

V
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
V
David, Sounds like Benelli is doing the right thing in your case. I will be curious to see how they handle mine....Hb

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yup, it has a bad reputation and they earned it fairly!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
V
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
V
I sent the barrel back to Benelli on Monday June 8th and I got a call from a Benelli CS agent on Monday June 15th that the barrel had been serviced and was being sent back to Me....This has been an extremely fast turn-around in My experience with several different gun company service departments I expected a 3 or 4 week turn-around time. The main thing though is did the Benelli gunsmith fix the issue?.....I will know shortly...Hb

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

I think they cheated, no one could get that bad "fairly". smile

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ha! I hope they are getting things sorted out and providing better service.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B3

V
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yeah fast service is great but the main thing Is did they fix My M2?. I was hoping they would send Me a new barrel but the CS agent said the gunsmith found burrs in the barrel threads and fixed them...I will keep posted....Hb

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

I think they cheated, no one could get that bad "fairly". smile

Point ceded!
wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have had 2 occasions to return shotguns to Beretta. One was a new in box Silver Pigeon who had ejectors that did not work and a Beretta extrema that had a racing strip in the ID of the barrel , it looked like a crack. They cleaned it and returned it and it still had the racing stripe.

V
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
V
I got the M2 barrel back from Benelli and the issue has been corrected, the chokes screw down flush with the end of the barrel smooth as silk. I sent the barrel (on my own dime) to Benelli service on Monday June 8th and got it back today Thursday June 25th so turn-around time was 17 Days.....I have no complaints with service like this other than I think Benelli should have sent me a call tag for the barrel. I am surprised the most with the fast turn-around time. I will give this service a 5 star rating ๐Ÿ‘......Hb

V
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I have had 2 occasions to return shotguns to Beretta. One was a new in box Silver Pigeon who had ejectors that did not work and a Beretta extrema that had a racing strip in the ID of the barrel , it looked like a crack. They cleaned it and returned it and it still had the racing stripe.

Those are some nice shootin irons OE ๐Ÿ˜.....Hb

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I got the M2 barrel back from Benelli and the issue has been corrected, the chokes screw down flush with the end of the barrel smooth as silk. I sent the barrel (on my own dime) to Benelli service on Monday June 8th and got it back today Thursday June 25th so turn-around time was 17 Days.....I have no complaints with service like this other than I think Benelli should have sent me a call tag for the barrel. I am surprised the most with the fast turn-around time. I will give this service a 5 star rating ๐Ÿ‘......Hb

Great news.

I've got a beretta that is likely headed in. I'll be interested to see how that goes.

V
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly

Great news.

I've got a beretta that is likely headed in. I'll be interested to see how that goes.
Me too....Keep us posted and good luck....Hb

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 77 invisible), 2,679 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,628
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.