-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Off the top of my head, then it goes to sleep.

Bible.....The most burned book In history.

Dark ages......libraries burned.

History belongs to the Victor's....because they write the propaganda and burn the opposition's.

1984......Down the memory hole

Communist countries policy......burn ...books and sometimes even the educated. Blue plastic bags worked in Cambodia for those who wore glasses and readers.

Goober/oogle...........Delete/burn YouTube channels that don't tow the party line. Redirect searches to fake news. Algorithms/searches that we're available 2 years ago have been incinerated. You have to type the exact url and even then it disappeared.

China bought Hollyweird so they could burn scripts not favorable to Chairman Mao the Dung and his spawn.

Social media banned Alex Jones. I was not Alex Jones, so they came for the conservatives....I was not a conservative, and then they came for me, but there was no one left to defend me.

Just a handful.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Compares frighteningly closely with our current times.

Only reason it seems close to what is happening is because the democrats are controlling the news.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter

Awesome! I always wondered what it was like to live during the times of the Civil War, Spanish Flu, Great Depression, Civil Rights Movement, Watergate, and the Dust Bowl. Not all at once, mind you, but ya know, "beggars/choosers" and all.

https://twitter.com/Cred_Just_ible/status/1275239710638604289

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Compares frighteningly closely with our current times.

Surprised to not see mass book burning bonfires yet.

They do it electronically nowadays by banning them from Amazon. And if the author sets up his own shop they kick him of his payment processor.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jfruser

They do it electronically nowadays by banning them from Amazon. And if the author sets up his own shop they kick him off his payment processor.

Precisely.

Before they take down a nation, they make sure first to acquire control over as many of its levers of power as possible.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There was an old channel that many enjoyed on YouTube for years. All of a sudden,
They deleated all of the thousands of sermons and banned the pastor access for a month, perhaps to be permanent.
They only allowed the documentaries and the preachers last second request for people to download sermons to remain!
The fruit of Thousands upon thousands of hours of hard labor burned down with one button as if a match lighting a stack of valuable money. People around the world who don't have a good preacher have depended on that channel for their spiritual growth!

I searched for a very long time for one specific sermon that used to be on there. It wasn't to be found on any back up channels either. I thought that they put it down the memory hole.
I asked the Lord the other evening to help me find it.

Get this.
Out of the blue this morning, that exact sermon that I asked for appeared on that same channel that had all of the sermons deleted!
It was the only message there!
Coincidence, or did the Lord miraculously make sure it became available?

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 06/27/20.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I keep thinking of the book "Animal Farm.

Gays, people of color and "intellectuals' are "first among equals".

MOLON LABE
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
These scum have positioned themselves so they can decide what information we have access to and what we don't. There's hardly a greater form of tyranny than that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was excited for the 2018 film after having seen the trailer. It was very, very disappointing and strayed so far from the book as to become a joke. It was just bad. I have never seen the 1966 version.

The book is one of my favorites. It and something wicked this Way comes on my two favorite Bradbury books. Powerful imagery and the word choice has such strong connotations. The theme is spot on with what we are seeing today.

In the novel people are just brainwashed by media and consumed by stories on surround televisions. The majority avoid thinking about anything important by blasting headphones in their ears, recreational drugs, dangerous pastimes, abortions etc. I see people now who spend so much time on Facebook and social media that it is literally consuming their lives. In the novel the media leads the gullible to their political views and keeps people as placated sheep. It is almost scary how accurate a novel written that long ago is when compared to our present circumstances.

Sorry about the auto correct.

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IDMilton
I was excited for the 2018 film after having seen the trailer. It was very, very disappointing and strayed so far from the book as to become a joke. It was just bad. I have never seen the 1966 version.

me too and a bit surprised , i was expecting a lot more

the original was directed by : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fran%C3%A7ois_Truffaut

and 2018 : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramin_Bahrani

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,802
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.