Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Lennie
Originally Posted by jfruser
Originally Posted by JamesJr
There is a lot of tobacco grown here in my part of the country, and tobacco is a very labor intensive crop, with most of the work done by hand. I started growing tobacco in 1973, and grew it until the year 2001. When I first started, labor was easy to find, as their were many people who's only job was working on the farm. As those people aged, there were no younger ones coming up who wanted to work that hard, so by the time I quit growing tobacco, I was using Mexican laborers here under the H-2A temporary worker program.

Today, practically all of the work in the growing of tobacco is done by those H-2A laborers. The only exception here is that of the tobacco grown by the Mennonites and Amish. Otherwise, it's all Mexican workers that you see, and they are also working in many other farm jobs, not just tobacco. They are not here because they work cheaper and are taking jobs away from Americans................they are here because they aren't lazy SOB's like many Americans are, and they don't mind working.

Sorry, but horse manure is still horse manure.

Americans did not want to work at the wage you offered. There is, however, a wage at which you could have hired Americans. Everyone has their price.

And then you used the power of the federal government to pervert the labor market by injecting aliens into that market. Those aliens cost more than the wage they were paid. Your neighbors had to pay the cost to keep them policed, to fix them up when they injured themselves on your farm, and suchlike. So much for "love your neighbor," more like, "screw your neighbor blue while making the green."

The fancy economic term for such labor market perversion "privatized profits, socialized costs." You're not alone, so many folks are doing it as well as rent-seeking.

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Huge betrayal of the American people.

Not just "the American People," but also one's neighbors and fellow tax-payers.

In our state's Ag industry, we have thousands of H2 workers. Without them, most growers would have gone out business. Most growers tell me that domestic labor at 15.00 per hour has a lower hourly cost than H2. Growers issues with domestic labor are they fail to show up for work, getting domestic labor to actually work when they do show up and domestic labor does not want to do ag work. Without H2 workers in Ag, grocery stores Shelves would be empty.

Lazy ass fugkin' Americans just won't do the work.

Dave

PS-I wonder why Little James stopped farming tobacco?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by jackmountain
[bleep] Americans..... Demand high wages and benefits for the least amount of work they can get by with, then buy only the cheapest imported [bleep] they can find.
Just like the protestors demanding all kinds of [bleep] from "the govt" but contribute nothing to it.

Blind leading the stupid here anymore.

These foreign workers aren’t exactly known for going out and buying the best, most expensive American made items either.

Just curious, what items that are expensive and American made do you buy?

Bob

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave

Did you see Trump sign the order?

I don't pay much attention to immigration stuff.

Did you read the link in the OP?

Well just ignore and pay no attention to this as it about immigration and foreign workers. You might be on the wrong thread.

I'll try and brush up the latest immigration info.

Thanks.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The Kung Flu virus be holding up some of the H2A workers. The result is Americans have to take their place.

For example, a worker in Mexico needs an updated passport . Offices are closed due to the flu like virus.

Happy Trails

Bob

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
There is a lot of tobacco grown here in my part of the country, and tobacco is a very labor intensive crop, with most of the work done by hand. I started growing tobacco in 1973, and grew it until the year 2001. When I first started, labor was easy to find, as their were many people who's only job was working on the farm. As those people aged, there were no younger ones coming up who wanted to work that hard, so by the time I quit growing tobacco, I was using Mexican laborers here under the H-2A temporary worker program.

Today, practically all of the work in the growing of tobacco is done by those H-2A laborers. The only exception here is that of the tobacco grown by the Mennonites and Amish. Otherwise, it's all Mexican workers that you see, and they are also working in many other farm jobs, not just tobacco. They are not here because they work cheaper and are taking jobs away from Americans................they are here because they aren't lazy SOB's like many Americans are, and they don't mind working.

LMFAO

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I have cut tobacco. It is not exactly a career with alot of growth opportunities.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Come on guys, hire a mexican, getter done!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by turkish

Well just ignore and pay no attention to this as it about immigration and foreign workers. You might be on the wrong thread.

His point is that the link talks about the issue, in the specific context of Trump’s recent order.

I read the link. How many others here bitching about it read the link is the question? Had they read it,,,,,Had they seen Trump signing the order and heard his comments,,,,,,

But it’s more fun to pitch a bitch ad nauseum and say nothing of note.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Thanks.

You’re welcome.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Why did you stop farming tobacco?

It looks as if JJ is not gonna answer so I'll answer for him.

JJ stopped farming tobacco because he was either not making anything or losing money, just like the American workers he employed and that quit him. But those dudes are lazy because they wouldn't work for him and not make or lose money.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I have cut tobacco. It is not exactly a career with alot of growth opportunities.

Of course not, which is why not too many American workers are interested. Tobacco laborers were historically either unskilled workers, or part time workers looking to earn a few extra dollars.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

JJ stopped farming tobacco because he was either not making anything or losing money, just like the American workers he employed and that quit him. But those dudes are lazy because they wouldn't work for him and not make or lose money.

Oh.

He's a hypocrite.

I get it now. Thanks.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by jackmountain
[bleep] Americans..... Demand high wages and benefits for the least amount of work they can get by with, then buy only the cheapest imported [bleep] they can find.
Just like the protestors demanding all kinds of [bleep] from "the govt" but contribute nothing to it.

Blind leading the stupid here anymore.

These foreign workers aren’t exactly known for going out and buying the best, most expensive American made items either.

Just curious, what items that are expensive and American made do you buy?
Bob

Made/assembled in America?
Toyota Tundra (2018), Toyota Sequoia Platinum (2019), Saleen Mustang (2006) , Triton Bass Boat (20’, 2015 Model) to name a few for you.

How about you, Bob ?
Are you a foreign worker ?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
There is a lot of I tobacco grown here in my part of the country, and tobacco is a very labor intensive crop, with most of the work done by hand. I started growing tobacco in 1973, and grew it until the year 2001. When I first started, labor was easy to find, as their were many people who's only job was working on the farm. As those people aged, there were no younger ones coming up who wanted to work that hard, so by the time I quit growing tobacco, I was using Mexican laborers here under the H-2A temporary worker program.

Why did you stop farming tobacco?

Ethan, I have Mr. Mom on ignore, so that’s why I didn’t see that. But, I’ll answer you. I quit raising tobacco because I went to work full time at USPS. I was making money raising tobacco, but got tired of the labor situation and decided to work full time and farm part time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Of course not, which is why not too many American workers are interested. Tobacco laborers were historically either unskilled workers, or part time workers looking to earn a few extra dollars.

If it were for the welfare & other handouts, they'ed be happy to have the work................

I'll bet that folks during the depression would not have turned paying work down.

MM

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Ethan, I have Mr. Mom on ignore, so that’s why I didn’t see that. But, I’ll answer you. I quit raising tobacco because I went to work full time at USPS. I was making money raising tobacco, but got tired of the labor situation and decided to work full time and farm part time.

LOL

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

If it were for the welfare & other handouts, they'ed be happy to have the work................

I'll bet that folks during the depression would not have turned paying work down.

MM

Much truth.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Originally Posted by MontanaMan

MM

There's a crazy idea.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Thanks.

Jeebus....read a book or something!

Disgraceful!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Jeebus....read a book or something!

Disgraceful!

I was hoping Little James would be more informative.

He seems to really know his stuff.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

219 members (257 mag, 2UP, 37L1, 7887mm08, 35, 22 invisible), 1,668 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,620
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.