Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Deerstalker: That line from the 1948 movie "Treasure of the Sierra Madres" is #36 (thirty six) in the American Film Institutes 100 All Time Leading Movie Quotes!
I can't imagine what number one is?

"Badges, we don't need no stinkin badges"! I have actually spewed that line in real life a time or two myself.
Don't ask.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

the 2nd best time it was used was in Blazing Saddles!
I have used the line a time or two myself. usually with a baton in hand!

[Linked Image from i.chzbgr.com]

Yes, I am easily amused these days...

John

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Some great ones listed but I don't think anyone has mentioned "Man On Fire" with Denzel. Great flick.

For funny try "Drop Dead Gorgeous" from 1999. Kirsten Dunst and Denise Richards. Stupid Funny. My favorite line "We're going to use the money to get mamma a proper headstone ... and move her down to the cemetery."

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Man on Fire is good.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For another modern western set in the SW try The Three Burials of Miguel Estrada

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Classic western?

Red River.

Josey Wales was good but sadly Sandra Locke was in it, she was not a very good actress and brought down any film she was in.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The Hunt for Red October is my all time favorite.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
ZeroZeroZero. Mix between Narcos Mexico and Gomorrah (Italian mafia) with some American smugglers thrown in. Plot pivots between 3 global locations, hopping back and forth between episodes. Complete with Gomorrah type music.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by lastround
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Sicario 2

Is Sicario II as good as the first one? It’s one of my favorites.

Yes.

I think so as well. But I think it would be harder to understand if you haven't seen the first one. I liked them both a LOT, and went to see them twice.

I would have to say that at least close to my favorite would have to be Man On Fire, with Denzel Washington.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
If I could only have one movie it would probably be “Thunderbolt and Lightfoot” Clint Eastwood, Jeff Bridges, George Kennedy 1974. Saw it at a drive-in, made an impression on me as a kid.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by whelennut
This is my new favorite movie.
I have plenty of time to watch them now

What is yours?

whelennut

The book is outstanding and the movie follows it almost perfectly...

Exactly, Too bad the book 'Point of Impact' and movie 'Shooter' did not do the same. That had potential to be awesome, ended up ok.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B3

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

What is yours?

whelennut

The Wild Bunch.

Retired cat herder.

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Greatest sports movie - who can forget Caddyshack.

and greatest non fiction movies, who can forget Airplane

finally, greatest western - Blazing Saddles

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Miracle (not magic as originally posted in stupidity) story of the 1980 Olympic hockey team.

Kurt Russell did a great job I thought.

Last edited by Rickshaw; 06/29/20. Reason: I'm an idiot
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Donnie Darko...the directors cut.

Also liked the Tim Burton animated film The Corpse Bride.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
If I could only have one movie it would probably be “Thunderbolt and Lightfoot” Clint Eastwood, Jeff Bridges, George Kennedy 1974. Saw it at a drive-in, made an impression on me as a kid.

As a kid, the scene where the chick is standing nekkid at the sliding glass door with her bush in full display indeed left a lasting impression...🤣

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I sat down and watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood fully expecting to shut it off as soon as the social justice bs came on. I was pleasantly surprised and have watched it twice now. Good movie and script.

All the classics already listed but I'll always sit down to watch Ronin again. Great movie.

One Eyed Jacks (1961) Marlon Brando

EthanEdwards you have a good eye. Great movie. Nobody can sneer like a young Brando. Karl Malden is great too. Only reason I've seen that obscure movie (more than once) is because I inherited some old box set of classic westerns on dvd. Watch them at the off the grid cabin.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
Magic....story of the 1980 Olympic hockey team.

Kurt Russell did a great job I thought.

It’s called Miracle.

But yes, great movie.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Ccard257
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
No Country For Old Men is outstanding. One of the few films that does the book justice. Even more so, it IMPROVED my enjoyment of the book having mental pictures of the characters in my mind’s eye, as I saw the film before reading the book. Then, I went back and watched the film immediately again, and it was even better for having read the book. A rare experience.

Same here. Sent me on a Cormac McCarthy reading binge. If you haven't read Blood Meridian, start today.

Pretty dark book

Based upon events in the life of John Glanton, #2 man under Jack Hays when the Texas Rangers went into Mexico.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

What is yours?

whelennut

If you enjoyed this, you will love "Hell or High Water". It appears to be just another bank robbery film by a couple of Texas cowboys, but you soon start to relealize every thing that happens is important to the entire film. It stars Jeff Bridges as a Texas Ranger about to retire and Gil Birmingham as his Indian-Mexican sidekick. The amount of grief that Bridges puts Birmingham thru is hilarious if you like off color, entirely non-politically correct humor. I watch it at least once a year, one of Bridges best roles in my opinion.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Some great movies here.

For motivation once in a while I'll watch that Viking epic "The Thirteenth Warrior" for the positive thinking in the whole thing,

"Ride With the Devil" about Missouri irregulars in the War of Secession never gets old either.

Along the same lines, the 1992 edition of "Last of the Mohicans" is pure escapist fare too cool

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 49 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,666
Posts18,474,725
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.