Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Brobee Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi Folks!

Previously I've had a lot of fun exploring the limitations of the Mossberg 590 Shockwave - now for this spring and with some unexpected time away from work, one of my social distancing project has been to head out to the farm to shake out a Remington 870 Tac-14 marine magnum and a police project gun along the same vein. I brought the camera along so I could share, and fate+fortune aligned such that I could apply the project to a big-time bird hunt (conducted legally on private land as per the rules here in Ab)

https://youtu.be/Ln9EJ2jH5b4

I get lots of comments asking why I wouldn't use something more appropriate (or prescribing that I should!)....the simple answer is I've been hunting with shotguns for a long time and I enjoy trying to find good ways to explore my limitations with less conventional gear and then trying to hunt within these limitations.

Most folks (my former self included in this camp!) write these shotguns off as useless; and while you won't get any argument from me that a conventional stocked and barrelled gun is easier to become proficient with, I've surprised myself with the discovery of the extent to which these kinds of guns, with focused preparation, can be made useful.

I know and accept they're not for everyone, but speaking for myself I had a TONNE of fun making this one! Thank for watching, and if you liked it I’ve got another in the works where I showcase the gun on the skeet field.

Hope you and your loved ones are all safe, healthy, and happy in these wild times!

Best,

Brobee

GB1

G
G
Great video. I really enjoy my tac14. If you actually spend time with one and figure out it’s nuances there very handy and a lot more useful than people give them credit for. I am curious how you like you barrel with the sights though been contemplating picking one up.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Good vid

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Brobee you are an accomplished shotgun shooter in more ways than one....People pay good money to learn the techniques you gave on shooting clays flying....Be wise for us to go back and listen to the words.

Last edited by battue; 06/29/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Brobee Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by Grouse870
Great video. I really enjoy my tac14. If you actually spend time with one and figure out it’s nuances there very handy and a lot more useful than people give them credit for. I am curious how you like you barrel with the sights though been contemplating picking one up.

I like the low profile sights - they are not obtrusive enough that they drastically impacted my clay+bird shooting, but they made a big difference with respect to my ability to hit well with slugs.

IC B2

B
Brobee Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by battue
Brobee you are an accomplished shotgun shooter in more ways than one....People pay good money to learn the techniques you gave on shooting clays flying....Be wise for us to go back and listen to the words.

I've still got a lot to learn, specifically making sure I apply everything "I know" to everything "I do"!

I just realized I uploaded the original video in 720P, I think the value of the clay shooting + bird shooting is better in higher resolution, so I just re-uploaded it in 1080P to replace the original.

https://youtu.be/Ass6RrsaPS4

Appreciate your kind comment, thank you.

Best,

Brobee

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That's good stuff.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well done

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 74 invisible), 3,130 guests, and 1,392 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,480
Posts18,471,781
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.