Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Went To Meijers today mostly to buy beer for the long weekend. stood inline at the self scan to get up there and see a small note closed to all but Electrical payment! I pay with CASH, so I had to get in another long line! saw a Manger and he said that theres a Coin shortage now, because the mints have been closed due to the C19 crap! 1st that Iv heard of it! has anyone Else? this is in Northern Michigan! I Find it hard to Belive!

Last edited by saddlering; 07/02/20.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ive seen signs in Georgia. It dies not make sense unless the feds are pulling coins out of circulation.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
That manager doesn't know what he is talking about. It's just that simple. He invented a narrative in his head why his local bank has a shortage of coins. It may be something as simple as they had a bunch, sent it off, and then there was a crunch. Banks don't keep a huge stock of coin or cash on hand, because of bank policy, not because of Covid. Idiots everywhere.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
This has been all over the news since yesterday.

It's a real shortage apparently.

The coronavirus crisis has sparked a nationwide coin shortage that reportedly has retailers pleading with customers for exact change.

The Federal Reserve revealed last month that the pandemic had “significantly disrupted” the supply chain and circulation patterns for America’s metal money. The US Mint has slowed production of coins because of measures meant to protect workers amid the crisis, while coin deposits from banks have also fallen in the past few months, the central bank said.

With demand for coins rising as states began to reopen, the Fed on June 15 started limiting how many pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters it distributed to banks as part of its efforts to “mitigate the effects of low coin inventories.”

Retailers have since started advising customers that coins are in short supply. Some Lowe’s hardware stores have posted signs urging shoppers to pay with exact change or use other forms of payment, as have convenience stores such as 7-Eleven, Pilot and Circle K, according to news reports and social media posts.

“At this point we’re having to call daily to get coin,” Karen Gordon, a 7-Eleven franchisee in Elmira Heights, NY, told local NBC affiliate WETM. “The most we’ve been able to get is $122.”

Supermarket chain Meijer has reportedly taken a different approach by banning cash payments in its self-checkout lanes until the shortage ends. The Michigan-based company is still accepting bills at its staffed cash registers, according to MLive.com.

“While we understand this effort may be frustrating to some customers, it’s necessary to manage the impact of the coin shortage on our stores,” Meijer spokesman Frank Guglielmi told MLive.com.

Fed chairman Jerome Powell recently told lawmakers that the shortage was likely temporary. Coin circulation was starting to improve as states eased lockdowns meant to control the deadly coronavirus, he said at a hearing last month.

“Stores have been closed. The whole system of flow had come to a stop,” Powell told the House Financial Services Committee. “As the economy reopens, we’re seeing coins begin to move around again.”

https://nypost.com/2020/07/01/national-coin-shortage-has-retailers-pleading-for-exact-change/

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
First time I saw or heard of it was this morning in a convenience store. Stopped for gas, went in to pre-pay with cash like I always do; saw the signs about a coin shortage and asking folks for exact change and if you didn't have exact change you could round it up for some other charity or something. Didn't pay it no mind as my transaction was a straight paper money deal. Things are getting weird indeed.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Saw signs to that affect here in South Texas also.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Thanks guys, its Not been on the News here! another way to stop us from having Money!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by saddlering
Thanks guys, its Not been on the News here! another way to stop us from having Money!

It sure is a possibility.

They want you to use cards so they can trace every transaction, and shut it of when they want.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Got $100.00 in pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters all rolled up and ready to go. What is your bid?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Ok, bums and meth heads to the rescue

Around here they buy scratch offs with nickels and pennies

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Saw it at a few places here.
Pandemic used to push the agenda #3, cash has to go, because the virus could be passed on the cash.

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
So we expect to see fat guys at guns shows selling change now?

What type mark up?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
First they came for the toilet paper, and no one did anything to stop them. Then they came for the coins......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CA I was asked by the local Quick Stop to bring in coins and they would buy them. Said tyhe banks are not giving them rolls.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Got $100.00 in pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters all rolled up and ready to go. What is your bid?

Crisp $100 bill.

Plus, I'll throw in a roll of toilet paper, and a box of .22lr.

laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
All I use is cash. They don't want cash, I'll go somewhere else. I'm not buying into this no cash system. Sweden has already done it. They don't take cash. You can't even get cash. Then every few months they ask a bunch of questions. If you don't answer them, your credit card doesn't work.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Guy on the radio in Nashville talk station, said he took all his change to cash it in, his bank refused it said they didn’t have any way to ‘clean it’ so he took it Publix and they was damn glad to get it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
People are using them to keep their rare and precious zip-loc bags from blowing away.

Sometimes you have to be able to put two and two (too and to for some of you) together.

What fresh Hell is this?
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
News to me?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
It may be, the real shortage is, common cents.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,845 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,794
Posts18,477,352
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.