-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
OP Offline
T
Just sold our kubota RTV X900 and want a new machine. The kubota was bulletproof and just too unwieldy. John Deere is probably my preference just because I grew up on a farm with JD equipment but I’m open to all suggestions. Our use is mostly just taking the dogs for rides on our own trails and some light yard/garden work.

We have diesel here for other equipment but really don’t think we’d utilize a diesel to its potential. I’ve looked (online) at Deere, Kawasaki, Honda and Polaris big ones for three people and small ones for two plus two terriers that aren’t much more than a golf cart.

I have a terrible back and mobility issues so ease of entry and as comfortable a ride as is possible in a SXS is important. Reliability ease of use and maintenance are also important.

I know no one can make this for me but I’d appreciate any and all Input. I also realize I’ll need to actually drive any machines we consider.

Thank you,
Gregg

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Well, I can only speak of the Honda and the Yamaha Rhino. Loved my Yamaha but the Honda I feel is a much better for me. It is quieter, has a transmission instead of a belt and has gone everywhere I have taken it. My old hunting partner just got a Polaris and he is already experience problems with it. Minor but still disturbing. Mine is the 700 deluxe but if you go Honda you might want to consider the 1000 for more room if you need it.

T
OP Offline
T
Thank you coyote268. We have a Honda Pilot that is our daily driver that we love. If Honda’s quality in SXS is consistent with the Pilot we would be very pleased.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Currently running an '18 Kawi Teryx LE4 I bought new 2 yrs ago

Pushing 4K trouble free miles right now....

Regular oil/filter changes....new belt & plugs at 2800 miles

Diff oil changes....thats it...

To my knowledge Kawi is the only 3 year bumper to bumper warranty

Belt noise to be expected.....happy with mine & it runs great

I need dependable too when you get 40+ miles from the truck !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are a lot of good side by sides available these days, but asking for general opinions is hard. They really are all different in so many ways. Some have very comfortable bucket seats, some have like a bench seat (less comfortable) Some are louder than others and some are hotter than others (heat radiates through the center). I would put my ass in each one your interested in before you decide. I’ve been researching and shopping UTV’s myself and tome the two best all around UTV’s right now are the Yamaha Wolverine and the Kawasaki Teryx.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 1minute, 65 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,379 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,452
Posts18,471,057
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.