Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by smokepole
Some of the natives got a little restless last night.

I was out building bridges with my neighbors this morning.

Hadn't heard that, where was this restlessness?

Too close. Within a block of home.

About 2.30AM last night I woke to the sound of loud rap music. A few minutes later the gunshot started accompanied by screams of "why are you shooting over a fist fight". So, popped on some clothes, grabbed the side arm and the 2200 lumen Streamlight. Once outside and behind a vehicle I shined the Streamlight toward the area of interest.

The cries of "It's the cops" were followed with vehicles existing the area and a cute little Norwegian girl running over to tell me how it was just fireworks and everyone was clearing out. I replied, "Fireworks?. Well go with that, but I'll need you to disperse.", which she assumed me they would, and they did.

Of course that doesn't mean the shooting stopped. Plenty of that as they left. This morning police reported 2 wounded about 5 minutes away in their direction of travel.

So this morning and went and talked with the normal folks up that direction, gained a little Intel, and built some bridges.
City/suburb life sounds great and so exciting.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Glad I’m not in a city!!!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Blackheart

About 2.30AM last night I woke to the sound of loud rap music. A few minutes later the gunshot started accompanied by screams of "why are you shooting over a fist fight". So, popped on some clothes, grabbed the side arm and the 2200 lumen Streamlight. Once outside and behind a vehicle I shined the Streamlight toward the area of interest.

The cries of "It's the cops" were followed with vehicles existing the area and a cute little Norwegian girl running over to tell me how it was just fireworks and everyone was clearing out. I replied, "Fireworks?. Well go with that, but I'll need you to disperse.", which she assumed me they would, and they did.

Of course that doesn't mean the shooting stopped. Plenty of that as they left. This morning police reported 2 wounded about 5 minutes away in their direction of travel.

So this morning and went and talked with the normal folks up that direction, gained a little Intel, and built some bridges.

Sure is.

About 3 months ago we had the SWAT team pull someone out of that same house. I had an ambulance blocking my driveway and the command post vehicle parked on the off side of my neighbors house. They finally talked him out around 3 AM. We never made it to the sweet smell of flash bangs and tear gas in the morning....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N

Sure is.

About 3 months ago we had the SWAT team pull someone out of that same house. I had an ambulance blocking my driveway and the command post vehicle parked on the off side of my neighbors house. They finally talked him out around 3 AM. We never made it to the sweet smell of flash bangs and tear gas in the morning....

This is why I continue to live where I do..............

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by superlight17b
Considering everything thats going on these days,i wouldn 't mind having a couple guys nearby to count on if things got "sporty".It might be a good idea for "Fire" members that live around each other had a mutual support group
going just in case.I'd feel better if i knew a few more solid guys around to count on . I'm in Westchester County N.Y.anyone nearby and interested P.M.

I don't know if anything "sporty" were to happen here in Boise, but my wife is gone, my only three living relatives live at 600 miles and 2,000 miles distance respectively, so I could not count on them.

But, I've lived in this neighborhood for 21 years and become good friends with many of my neighbors. One, lives just a tad diagonally across the street. He is a retired LEO and former USMC Force Recon Team Leader, Vietnam service.

Directly across the street lives another good friend who is very conservative and well armed.

My next door neighbor is a hunter along with his two sons, has a safe full of guns, and, oh, nearly forgot: former paratrooper with the 82 Abn. Div.

Two houses on down the street is a friend who along with his son, hunts and owns a bunch of firearms. He is a former Marine.

Across the street from him is another friend who is a former U.S. Ranger, Iraq and Afghanistan service.

If things were to "go south" for me here, maybe they'd help me out. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by NH K9

Sure is.

This is why I continue to live where I do..............

George
Yeah me too. I think the cops have gone by on our road twice in the 12 years I've lived here. They were probably lost or just out joy riding. We watched a huge fireworks display put on by the folks on the hill across the valley last night but no cops, no sirens and nobody got shot.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
It's called 'networking'.........glad you finally climbed out from under your rock.

What a lovely man.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Awww. It ain't that bad. Not hard figuring out who the enemy is and plenty of targets.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think there's any here who lives within 2 hours of me. RAS is probably as close as anyone, with 12344mag being runner-up.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
It's called 'networking'.........glad you finally climbed out from under your rock.

What a lovely man.

Yep, always there with words of encouragement. What a prince.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bruinruin
I don't think there's any here who lives within 2 hours of me. RAS is probably as close as anyone, with 12344mag being runner-up.

Bruinruin,

If any group tried pulling that anarchist crap in northern Michigan, it wouldn’t be good for them. This area is very pro America and also pro police. And nearly everyone is packing. My town of 13K hasn’t had a homicide in 15 years. But don’t mistake kindness for weakness.

Homey don’t play that up here.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Only you two could be lapped three times and still believe you are in the lead.

What a lovely man.

Yep, always there with words of encouragement. What a prince.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What a lovely man.

I know... Must be another heavy flow day for Mr Wiener. Fuqking prick...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
And all 3 intellectual amigos sign in......

Originally Posted by GRIZZ

What a lovely man.

I know... Must be another heavy flow day for Mr Wiener. Fuqking prick...

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Only you could ride the short bus to the finish line, jump out, rip off your helmet, and say "look, I lapped 'em!!"

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
As long as you ride in the bus, I'll drive the bus....

Only you could ride the short bus to the finish line, jump out, rip off your helmet, and say "look, I lapped 'em!!"

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
As long as you ride in the bus, I'll driver the bus....

You say that you run a hunting club. The one in Cornhole, Iowa, eh?

Phhuucckk that’s funny !

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Keep trying......Toot, you're unique........just like everyone else.

Phhuucckk that’s funny !

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Phhuucckk that’s funny !

I’ll bet your clubhouse is a real place of camaraderie and a joy to be in.

Damn, you’re funny!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Toot, rest assured........you'd be a never-ending source of amusement.

Phhuucckk that’s funny !

I’ll bet your clubhouse is a real place of camaraderie and a joy to be in.

Damn, you’re funny!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 2,940 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,486
Posts18,490,298
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.