Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 40 of 43 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 43
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gunner500
have been thinking about taking it up to a bike shop in Ft. Smith for new rubber, seat, and a good servicing.

This thread is a double entendre factory.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

It's a good thing somebody stuck a big Cuban ass into this pic, because few things could be more gay than bicycles and a dog park.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I love me some big Cuban ass.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BobBrown
I love me some big Cuban ass.

Perfect for a banana seat...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good one Travis

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flagstaff
Why is it that a bicyclist, while driving his car, can lose his chit if the vehicle in front of him, say a John Deere tractor, is going 15 MPH under the speed limit and the car driver can’t pass the tractor. But if that same car driver is now riding his bike and doing the same 15 MPH under the limit and other people can’t pass him, it’s totally ok.

That doesn't describe me or anyone else I know.

So you have never been impatient or irritated by a slow moving vehicle you were following and couldn’t get around.

Go it.

Yes, but I didn't "lose my schidt."

I am never okay with a motorist being behind me when I am pedaling at 15 either. They matter to me, and I am going to work them around as soon as I reasonably can.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Paul, im glad to hear you are one of the few conscientious, noncontentious bikers out there. smile

You must still take care, as there are a lot of hispanic dimocrap women on welfare driving F -250s out there.

The most dangerous drivers are old folks. That's part of the reason Florida has a bicycle death rate 2 times the national average. The angriest drivers are middle age, out of shape, white males.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Why is it that a bicyclist, while driving his car, can lose his chit if the vehicle in front of him, say a John Deere tractor, is going 15 MPH under the speed limit and the car driver can’t pass the tractor. But if that same car driver is now riding his bike and doing the same 15 MPH under the limit and other people can’t pass him, it’s totally ok.

That doesn't describe me or anyone else I know.

So you have never been impatient or irritated by a slow moving vehicle you were following and couldn’t get around.

Go it.

Yes, but I didn't "lose my schidt."

I am never okay with a motorist being behind me when I am pedaling at 15 either. They matter to me, and I am going to work them around as soon as I reasonably can.

I wish your friends all had the same mentality.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
PaulBarnard: Does "this" describe you?
Last month on a narrow two lane highway (one lane in each direction) between Alder, Montana and Virginia City, Montana I am driving along and come upon a slow moving bicyclist that had attached to his bicycle a 5' long stick with flag attached at the end.
Problem was the "stick/flag" was extending horizontally not vertically!
And said stick stuck into his lane of travel at least 4 1/2'!!!
Causing folks travelling in his lane (ME!) to slow down and travel in the ONCOMING lane to pass around him!
WTF I said to myself as I and the car behind me went into the oncoming lane and had to slow down in a limited sight section of the road.
I was miffed at this dimwit bicyclist's idiocy but went on my way.
The fellow in the car behind me DID NOT!
He pulled in front of the bike/bicyclist and turned his car so the "biker" had to stop!
I slowed as I watched in the rear view mirror - last I saw was the fellow in the car opening his door and getting out of the car - obviously to speak with the bicyclist in question.
He-he I thought.
I continue on to the gunshop in Ennis, Montana do my business and start backtracking towards my home on the route I had came. Who do I come across but said idiot bicyclist and he no longer has the long stick and flag extending into the lane of travel!
It MAY have been shoved up his ass - I don't know?
I myself worry about bicyclist using auto lanes and not keeping up to speed or staying on the shoulder as many roads where I live have NO shoulders.
Bike safe!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
have been thinking about taking it up to a bike shop in Ft. Smith for new rubber, seat, and a good servicing.

LOL

It has raised some biggies.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Still waiting on the “hot Cuban girl” pics. Tikka, help please save the thread

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Last month on a narrow two lane highway (one lane in each direction) between Alder, Montana and Virginia City, Montana I am driving along and come upon a slow moving bicyclist that had attached to his bicycle a 5' long stick with flag attached at the end.
Causing folks travelling in his lane (ME!) to slow down and travel in the ONCOMING lane to pass around him!
WTF I said to myself as I and the car behind me went into the oncoming lane and had to slow down in a limited sight section of the road.
He pulled in front of the bike/bicyclist and turned his car so the "biker" had to stop!
I slowed as I watched in the rear view mirror - last I saw was the fellow in the car opening his door and getting out of the car - obviously to speak with the bicyclist in question.
He-he I thought.
I continue on to the gunshop in Ennis, Montana do my business and start backtracking towards my home on the route I had came. Who do I come across but said idiot bicyclist and he no longer has the long stick and flag extending into the lane of travel!
I myself worry about bicyclist using auto lanes and not keeping up to speed or staying on the shoulder as many roads where I live have NO shoulders.
Bike safe!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Thanks for making my day with that story... 😃👍🏻

Originally Posted by deflave

LOL

It has raised some biggies.

There you go AGAIN!! 🤣🤣🤣

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Paul, im glad to hear you are one of the few conscientious, noncontentious bikers out there. smile

You must still take care, as there are a lot of hispanic dimocrap women on welfare driving F -250s out there.

The most dangerous drivers are old folks. That's part of the reason Florida has a bicycle death rate 2 times the national average. The angriest drivers are middle age, out of shape, white males.

That are also high post-count 24hr members laugh

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I have a Trek mountain bike I bought back around 1993 when I needed to be in shape for work, now I'm old and want to stay alive, have been thinking about taking it up to a bike shop in Ft. Smith for new rubber, seat, and a good servicing.

That’s why I ride, it’s the only way I get to be athletic anymore.

Recently I hiked over rough terrain with two twenty-somethings, I was left in the dust. When I ride with a bunch of the same age I can run with most of ‘em.

I’m fixing to head out this morning and put 40 miles in, back before noon, never woulda thought that possible before I got into it age 56.

Agreed, BTDT, both, for fun, and 15 damn years ago I jumped on a PT course with some young dudes, those cats were running past me so fast they were hitting me in the face with chit off their boots.....................go home old man is what that told me ; ]

Just done 300 miles on a Harley Springer this morning, I wasn't peddling, but it damn sure feels like a good workout to me, no windshield or fairing has abs flexed I guess to keep from getting blown off the damn thing.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by tikkanut
I have a Trek mountain bike I bought back around 1993 when I needed to be in shape for work, now I'm old and want to stay alive, have been thinking about taking it up to a bike shop in Ft. Smith for new rubber, seat, and a good servicing.

Do it.........my 1991 Trek 8000 is still going strong......

just hurts my azz when I ride it....... blush

I'll get it done Tikka.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
He-he I thought.
Bike safe!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

There are a lot of different angles on that. First off, it is very prickish of the cyclist to do that. While I say that, I will also say that I wouldn't pass a cyclist on that road without moving into the oncoming lane. I might if he moved to the tiny strip of pavement to the right of the fog line and I crawled past him. Montana law requires a "safe" distance in passing a cyclist. I am going to go for a minimum of 3 feet. I will most often move completely into the oncoming lane. It's really easy to do on lightly traveled rural roads like that. Some states require it. A few states require more than 3 feet. 3 feet seems to be the most common minimum established by law.

The guy that got out of his car was as big of a prick as the cyclist. What in the name of fuukk makes people comfortable getting out and taking up issues with cyclists. Those same people don't do it with motorists.

But wasn't it pretty much a non-issue for you and the other driver? That's not a high traffic road, and while it's got some curves, sight lines are generally good enough to pass a slow moving cyclist.

I like riding on roads like that. I ride in the middle of the lane. When a vehicle comes up from behind, I glance over my shoulder. I continue doing over the shoulder checks as they close the distance. I do this so that they know I know they are there. I do allow that they may be distracted morons and not notice me. The way it usually plays out is I see them start drifting over to set up to pass. As they do that, I drift to the right side of the lane to create a cushion an as a sign of courtesy. I wave as they pass at a safe distance. I was riding a road like that last year in CO. A semi was coming from both directions. I got the hell of the road. The bottom line is that I choose the strategy that my intuition and experience leads me to. I am prepared to bail hard right at any moment.

Why do I ride in the middle of the lane? There are several reasons. It makes me more visible. Motorists are much less likely to buzz pass me. As they approach, if I sense a buzz pass, I still have some real estate to move over into to create a safer distance.

That rider must have been slow as hell if you had time to go into a gun store and come back out and him still be on that less than 10 mile stretch of road.

Have you wondered what would prompt a cyclist to do something like that one did?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
[quote=VarmintGuy]

Have you wondered what would prompt a cyclist to do something like that one did?

Douche-baggery?

Last edited by Dryfly24; 07/09/20.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
He-he I thought.
Bike safe!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

There are a lot of different angles on that. First off, it is very prickish of the cyclist to do that. While I say that, I will also say that I wouldn't pass a cyclist on that road without moving into the oncoming lane. I might if he moved to the tiny strip of pavement to the right of the fog line and I crawled past him. Montana law requires a "safe" distance in passing a cyclist. I am going to go for a minimum of 3 feet. I will most often move completely into the oncoming lane. It's really easy to do on lightly traveled rural roads like that. Some states require it. A few states require more than 3 feet. 3 feet seems to be the most common minimum established by law.

The guy that got out of his car was as big of a prick as the cyclist. What in the name of fuukk makes people comfortable getting out and taking up issues with cyclists. Those same people don't do it with motorists.

But wasn't it pretty much a non-issue for you and the other driver? That's not a high traffic road, and while it's got some curves, sight lines are generally good enough to pass a slow moving cyclist.

I like riding on roads like that. I ride in the middle of the lane. When a vehicle comes up from behind, I glance over my shoulder. I continue doing over the shoulder checks as they close the distance. I do this so that they know I know they are there. I do allow that they may be distracted morons and not notice me. The way it usually plays out is I see them start drifting over to set up to pass. As they do that, I drift to the right side of the lane to create a cushion an as a sign of courtesy. I wave as they pass at a safe distance. I was riding a road like that last year in CO. A semi was coming from both directions. I got the hell of the road. The bottom line is that I choose the strategy that my intuition and experience leads me to. I am prepared to bail hard right at any moment.

Why do I ride in the middle of the lane? There are several reasons. It makes me more visible. Motorists are much less likely to buzz pass me. As they approach, if I sense a buzz pass, I still have some real estate to move over into to create a safer distance.

That rider must have been slow as hell if you had time to go into a gun store and come back out and him still be on that less than 10 mile stretch of road.

I think Louisiana Law requires 6’ of separation when a vehicle encounters bicyclist.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
It occurs to me from my participation in a number of different forums that Americans love to express their rage for bicyclists on the road. I am a bicyclist. It's one of my many passions. So give me your best shot. In the end we may all learn something.

My problem with bicyclists?

1.) They use roads for recreation not transportation. Outside of ultra urban areas and college towns that have beaucoup bike lanes, I got 'em out here riding in pelotons of 25 and more that can't do 12 mph up a hill. We have many hills here. I only see 2 type of true bicycle communters here: a.) Man bun 30 year olds and b.) DUI recipients that have no drivers license.

2.) They insist on having 5 pm rides that start in the center of town and ride through suburbia during rush hour backing traffic a 1/4 mile behind them on double yellow roads.

3.) too many do not follow the rules of the road, weave in and out of stopped traffic, ignore traffic lights and then piss all down their legs if some car doesn't see them sneaking up from behind and cuts them off.

4.) Idiots will ride alone on our curvy hilly roads at odd hour and occasionally become statistics when they are riding in the middle of a lane at 16 mph and a cars overtakes them coming around a blind curve.

Biking is a great exercise and sport. My wife is a triathlete and bikes. Just not on public roads. She's had several friends involved in incidents with autos. They lost the confrontation.

I have seen some of those rush hour rides there. I want no part of that. Where does your wife ride her bicycle training for and during triathlons?

All road users need to drive within their line of sight on hills and blind curves.

Either the Greenway we have here or the Budweiser complex in Cartersville on the weekends.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
He-he I thought.
Bike safe!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I think Louisiana Law requires 6’ of separation when a vehicle encounters bicyclist.

https://www.ncsl.org/research/transportation/safely-passing-bicyclists.aspx

Page 40 of 43 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 43

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 12344mag, 16penny, 62 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,824
Posts18,477,888
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.