Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

If you require yourself wearing one, then you are supposedly protected, so what do you care?

Anyone for under nail inspection at the doors to find how much feces everyone is packing?
Ass inpections for those who cant wipe right?

Its ironic people take out on their neighbor the problems caused by doing business with the Chinks, while shopping in a store that sells a bunch of Chink [bleep].
Conclusion: people getting pissy about masks aint nearly pissed enough at the Chinese. Nope, [bleep] Leroy is trying kill you.....

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Look up, "John Menard, foul mouth".

Thanks for the hint.

It is satisfying to know I was directionally correct when I told them to GFY at the store entrance.

https://urbanmilwaukee.com/2013/06/20/murphys-law-the-strange-life-of-john-menard/

Last edited by MM879; 07/11/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MM879
Originally Posted by SKane
For those than shun the mask, consider this;

Unless you're retired (which I suspect more here are than aren't), Covid has a major impact all business in one way or another. Talented, hardworking people that are solid at their jobs are being furloughed or laid off with many businesses closing forever. We're all eating the same szchit sandwich and want nothing more than to put this thing in the rearview mirror and to return to some sort of normalcy.

So, if wearing a mask is even 1% better than not, are we that [bleep] narcissistic that even the slightest inconvenience to our comfort or "rights" isn't worth the effort - either emotionally or physically to others?
For every one swinging-dick that thinks masks are a joke - there are 10 people that are scared szchitless about this subject.

So if wearing a mask isn't for you in places that ask you to wear them - consider falling less in love with yourself and see the wee bigger picture beyond you.

You impress me as one of those people that have 100's of stickers on their rear bumper. You don't speak for anyone but your self. Another Hero/Narcissist isn't needed. Talk to the mirror.

Not a single bumper sticker.
Hero? Me? Ha! I'm just a Joe-Blow like most here. But I will admit to a waning tolerance for the continual crankiness and closed mindedness (like all us claim to loathe from the leftists) displayed here on a daily basis. Life isn't so resolute, nor are people.

If someone dumped a wheelbarrow full of money in your living room, some of you would beotch because it wasn't stacked and counted.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by JamesJr
At one time, there were a lot of small rural stores around here who had signs posted.......We Reserve The Right To Refuse Service To Anyone, and No Shirt No Shoes-No Service. I knew of several instances where they actually had to do just that. That was the store owners right, and if you didn't like it, then shop somewhere else.

I don't particularly like the mask thing, but if a store requires it, then that's their right to do so. If you get all pizzy about it, then go somewhere else. You don't own that store.....they do.

Here in Kentucky, the governor has mandated masks to be worn in all public places. I don't like him, or his liberal agenda, but it ain't the end of the world to have to wear one for a little while.............and it ain't worth getting your knickers in knot over.

I know some of you will come back with the argument that government has no right to tell us to wear a mask, and I tend to agree. I also believe in choosing your battles, and this is not one of them, as far as I'm concerned.

James.....how long is a little while....what if the governor says masks from now on......bob

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I understand the fear that the virus has cause to some people. I do believe it is a bad deal if you get it.
I do not believe the masks will save you but understand that small businesses need to be open and need my support to continue.
However,, if you are in that group of sick or could get sick easy or that damn scared of it stay home
Menards,,,, I will wear a mask ,,but and I m3an but, our local store has signs up and has said customers should wear them our employees are. Half the employees don’t wear correctly, 25% have them around their neck , and 25% wear a handerchief so I will wear mine but the first time I see one of theirs not correctly worn I will take mine off and be done. Can’t force me too if you aren’t

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm all for personal freedoms as long as it doesn't effect the personal freedom or safety of others. I choose to wear a seatbelt and a helmet if on a motorcycle, but support the rights of others who may choose not to do so. In those and many other cases doing something stupid only effects you. And that is your choice. But drinking and driving, texting and driving or any other form of impaired or distracted driving will kill and injure others.

Wearing the mask doesn't protect YOU from catching the virus, it prevents people who have it, and don't know it, from spreading it to others. People who choose not to wear a mask in crowded areas should be treated the same as people who text and drive. You are putting others at risk and hurting the chances for a quicker economic recovery.

Stop being a pussy, man up and wear the mask.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by JamesJr
At one time, there were a lot of small rural stores around here who had signs posted.......We Reserve The Right To Refuse Service To Anyone, and No Shirt No Shoes-No Service. I knew of several instances where they actually had to do just that. That was the store owners right, and if you didn't like it, then shop somewhere else.

I don't particularly like the mask thing, but if a store requires it, then that's their right to do so. If you get all pizzy about it, then go somewhere else. You don't own that store.....they do.

Here in Kentucky, the governor has mandated masks to be worn in all public places. I don't like him, or his liberal agenda, but it ain't the end of the world to have to wear one for a little while.............and it ain't worth getting your knickers in knot over.

I know some of you will come back with the argument that government has no right to tell us to wear a mask, and I tend to agree. I also believe in choosing your battles, and this is not one of them, as far as I'm concerned.

Is making you pin a BLM button on at the door of public places enough to piss you off, or are we all in this together?
It wont kill you...

The masks are just as political; if you dont think so, you arent thinking very much.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JMR40
I'm all for personal freedoms as long as it doesn't effect the personal freedom or safety of others. I choose to wear a seatbelt and a helmet if on a motorcycle, but support the rights of others who may choose not to do so. In those and many other cases doing something stupid only effects you. And that is your choice. But drinking and driving, texting and driving or any other form of impaired or distracted driving will kill and injure others.

Wearing the mask doesn't protect YOU from catching the virus, it prevents people who have it, and don't know it, from spreading it to others. People who choose not to wear a mask in crowded areas should be treated the same as people who text and drive. You are putting others at risk and hurting the chances for a quicker economic recovery.

Stop being a pussy, man up and wear the mask.

WWP53D
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
It is rare when we do not shop Menards for that type of goods.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Masks have been scientically proven to significantly help protect OTHERS from airborne droplets carrying virus. That's fact, not political conjecture. If we weren't such a self-centered, selfish, me...me...me society in general, we would recognize this as a medical issue and not a political issue and wear a mask voluntarily to help slow virus spread and protect others. I started wearing a mask before it became a mandate so no one is taking any freedom from me.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by basdjs
Masks have been scientically proven to significantly help protect OTHERS from airborne droplets carrying virus. That's fact, not political conjecture. If we weren't such a self-centered, selfish, me...me...me society in general, we would recognize this as a medical issue and not a political issue and wear a mask voluntarily to help slow virus spread and protect others. I started wearing a mask before it became a mandate so no one is taking any freedom from me.

Driving 5mph has been proven to DRAMATICALLY lower the number of traffic fatalities. You pushing for that or are you still a me, me, me type that drives 55?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
When visiting relatives in Minnesota when my boys were young, they always got a laugh seeing a Menards sign. They would pronounce it "My Nards." Then the " Have you seen my nards" jokes would start.

Old guy, old guns.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Best man in my wedding went into their management trainee program in 2000. He worked his way up to being a store manager and has since left them of his own choosing.

The things I heard about how they treated their employees is reason enough for me to not shop there.

Circa late '90's my boss @ the time was on the local United Way board of directors. They approached Menards for a donation and were told nearly verbatim: "Our charitable donation is providing jobs and low prices."

I've self-boycotted Menards for over a decade as a result of the above.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Unless you're retired (which I suspect more here are than aren't), Covid has a major impact all business in one way or another. Talented, hardworking people that are solid at their jobs are being furloughed or laid off with many businesses closing forever. We're all eating the same szchit sandwich and want nothing more than to put this thing in the rearview mirror and to return to some sort of normalcy.

So, if wearing a mask is even 1% better than not, are we that [bleep] narcissistic that even the slightest inconvenience to our comfort or "rights" isn't worth the effort - either emotionally or physically to others?
For every one swinging-dick that thinks masks are a joke - there are 10 people that are scared szchitless about this subject.

So if wearing a mask isn't for you in places that ask you to wear them - consider falling less in love with yourself and see the wee bigger picture beyond you.

I hope every narcissistic gun owner out there turns in their guns, even it only makes everything 1% safer.

I also hope all the narcissistic drivers out there lobby their legislators to lower the speed limit EVERYWHERE to 5mph. Do you know how many lives you could save by only driving 5mph? So if driving slower isn't for you, consider falling less in love with yourself an see the wee bigger picture beyond you.

Remember, if it only saves one child's life, it's worth it!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by tzone
Will be there when the doors open today and choose to save my anxieties and protests for something far more grandiose and offensive than a simple mask requirement. sleep sleep
John Menard (richest man in WI - $15B), is a major contributor to the Republican party so I choose not to cut off my nose to spite my face.

But I can agree on the silly Menards rebates, it's 2020 - there's got to be a better way.

The rebates are bothersome. So I don’t. Lol. But if I can’t bring my kids in their store, I can’t go to the store. It’s one thing with the older kids. They can sit in the truck. But I’m not leaving a two year old...who has become my shadow (and I love it) in the car.

The rebates are a joke.The main reason I stopped going to Menards.I bet I have filed for twenty of them and only received two back six months later.At least at Fleet & Farm when they have a storewide discount,they give you a gift card right then and there for the amount you have coming back.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I don't know about other states but here in my area of Kentucky pretty much every professed Democrat is big into wearing face masks of some kind like it's a public political affiliation "in-crowd" statement of superiority and readily relishing shaming anyone that doesn't with accusations of selfish and inconsiderate of others, their common mantra, "it's not about you".

I've started responding with, "so you and everyone wearing masks must have tested positive for covid-19?" otherwise what is the point in wearing the flimsy, all but useless, often homemade of common everyday porous material face masks in trendy slogans, cute patterns and colors???

As always, YMMV...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like John Menard is quite the character.

https://urbanmilwaukee.com/2013/06/20/murphys-law-the-strange-life-of-john-menard/

His high-handed manner of running the company was detailed in a 2007 feature story for Milwaukee Magazine written by Mary Van de Kamp Nohl that I edited. The story reported that Menard’s managers had to sign agreements to be personally penalized for things that go wrong. For instance, having 15 carts in the parking lot drew a $10 fine. And the fine was $100 per minute if they opened a store late.

Managers were forbidden from building their own homes, to ensure they couldn’t steal any building materials from Menard’s. And Menard hired private investigators to check whether employees who undertake even minor home-improvement projects were using pilfered supplies.

Menard was aggressively anti-union and had a policy that managers’ pay would be cut by 60 percent if their store became unionized, former managers said. And all managers had to sign an agreement requiring them to go to arbitration – not the courts – if they had a dispute with the company. “Moreover, they’d have to pay their own attorney’s fees and half the cost of the arbitrator, even if Menards was found at fault,” the story reported.

On that weekend, Menard “demanded that Mrs. Hilbert join both him and his wife (Ms. Obiad) for sex after her husband went to bed,” according to the lawsuit. Tomisue returned to her bedroom and told her husband of Menard’s advances. “Mr. Hilbert believed that Mr. Menard’s judgment was impaired because of alcohol, that he could not be serious, and he would likely forget about it following a good night’s sleep,” the lawsuit recounts.

But over the next two months, the suit contends, Menard made more requests that Tomisue join him and his wife for sex, including two offers to travel to Wisconsin, all of which she rejected. Menard’s conduct “constitutes an invasion of Mrs. Hilbert’s human dignity and human worth” and has caused her “severe emotional distress,” the suit charges. The case is expected to go to trial in April 2016. Expect plenty of reporters to cover it.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Wear a mask to slow the spread, wear a mask so we can quickly get back to normal....

Those two separate reasons don't cotton. That and theres PPE out there that do-gooders get horned up over that are about as clean as a 14 year olds jack rag.
If you dont wash or if you re-use your PPE, you need to be scorned like a texting driver.
Maybe a tattoo on your forearm.

Its amazing to me (well, not really), that someone shopping deserves more ire for not wearing a mask in a store while statues topple in Wisconsin.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Originally Posted by basdjs

Driving 5mph has been proven to DRAMATICALLY lower the number of traffic fatalities. You pushing for that or are you still a me, me, me type that drives 55?

At 72, if I'm going 55 I'm really speeding ! 😜

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RemModel8

I hope every narcissistic gun owner out there turns in their guns, even it only makes everything 1% safer.

I also hope all the narcissistic drivers out there lobby their legislators to lower the speed limit EVERYWHERE to 5mph. Do you know how many lives you could save by only driving 5mph? So if driving slower isn't for you, consider falling less in love with yourself an see the wee bigger picture beyond you.

Remember, if it only saves one child's life, it's worth it!

Great, we're going the analogy route - I'll counter with 10 ridiculous versions of my own, and, it'll then be countered with "you suck, [bleep] you" banter and we'll all have wasted a glorious morning.
You wanna die on the mask-sword, have at it........Yeah, I know "give'm an inch...."

WWP53D
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (35, 69sportfury, AdventureBound, 6mmCreedmoor, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 8 invisible), 1,447 guests, and 892 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,514
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.