Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
His lights were off because he doesn't want to stand in the breadlines for new batteries..

Maybe, but most of the serious lights are rechargeable now using a standard smartphone charger, the modest draw of LED lighting allows this. Ain't that many good battery ones left, which is a pain because that’s my preference, no trouble at all to pack an extra set of AA or AAA Lithium Energizers around but if you forgot to recharge a rechargeable, you’re SOL.

Should have used the pink font....

Fixed it.

Clearly he is a "red diaper doper baby"

I had a little rechargeable light about the size of a pack of matches with two little magnetic contacts you stuck to either end of a AA, or C or whatever to vampire the juice out. Kinda finicky, but then they replaced it with a USB model so you had to pull out your computer to charge it...though I guess you could use a usb power brick....
You could clip it to your hat or whatever...

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 07/11/20.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
For some reason the scene from Easy Rider comes to mind with the two back woods guys riding next to Dennis Hopper in an old pickup truck blow him away with a shotgun.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Who obeys traffic laws on a bicycle?

My only concern was not getting squished.

Exactly: #1 Not getting squished. #2 Not POing drivers.

Generally if you maximize #1 you help #2, big part of the reason we all hate cyclists is you can never be sure WTF they are gonna do when you are passing them. When the cyclist obviously stays out of your way it means they know you are coming up on them and are acting accordingly.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by deflave
I would have had a custom t-shirt or bumper sticker made for him.

It would read: "I killed a bicyclist."

And here I thought you were going to say you'd have made the custom bumper sticker from him.

Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
That's complete Horse Shiet. I specifically ride towards the curb on my motorcycle just to be as far away from oncoming traffic as I can. I've not seen a huge build up of crap on the curb side of the road, I've been riding for 30 years.

Agreed. Not that there is never any debris there, but I rode bicycles in traffic for years without any problems from drivers or curbside debris caused flats.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco

Agreed. Not that there is never any debris there, but I rode bicycles in traffic for years without any problems from drivers or curbside debris caused flats.

You must have rode different streets than I do 🙂

Roofing nails, regular nails, screws, metal debris, glass, more glass (beer, wine and liquor bottles), bits of retread with wire, and the occasional cartridge case and syringe with needle.

I have destroyed every brand of premium tire there is over the last seven years and maybe 12,000 miles.

It gets worse when it’s been a good while since a heavy rain.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
You must have rode different streets than I do 🙂

Roofing nails, regular nails, screws, metal debris, glass, more glass (beer, wine and liquor bottles), bits of retread with wire, and the occasional cartridge case and syringe with needle.

I have destroyed every brand of premium tire there is over the last seven years and maybe 12,000 miles.

It gets worse when it’s been a good while since a heavy rain.

I'm not saying there was never any road hazards close to the curb or never any broken glass, nails, etc. But I don't recall that being a constant issue keeping me away from riding closer to the right. However it has been over a decade since I last rode in traffic and I don't doubt that could be worse now given the overall degrade of individual conduct in general. I imagine the roads are also more dangerous due to smartphones as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't forget tools..
My saddle bag fell off once and I found a nice set of pliers and a wrench when I went to pick it up..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
This

Originally Posted by MadMooner
Who obeys traffic laws on a bicycle?

Nobody.

And this:

Originally Posted by doubletap
You could have just said nothing, instead of being afraid to go home. You could have gone straight home and enjoyed a cold beer instead of following some stranger around the neighborhood.

Choose you battles. Fight the one's worth fighting.

If your lefty friend continues to play stupid games and wins a stupid price, would that really be a bad thing?

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 07/11/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What would you do if he pulled a gun and shot you? Or burned your house down in the middle of the night? I think you shouldn’t have gone looking for trouble!

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ConradCA
What would you do if he pulled a gun and shot you? Or burned your house down in the middle of the night? I think you shouldn’t have gone looking for trouble!

Truth.

If I was on my bicycle at night (I often am) and some guy followed me, I’d presume malicious intent on their part.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ConradCA

Apparently OK. trained attorneys are immune from common sense and seek out confrontation to enforce truth, justice and the American way. I guess there are not any drunk, drugged or deranged bicyclists in OK. and the OP knows who might be safe to harass. Some great judgement on display there.grin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by slumlord
Roll coal

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Buy Volkswagen

NRA Benefactor Member

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote!"
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Captain
Originally Posted by slumlord
Roll coal

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Buy Volkswagen

It would have launched the VW too, but he had burned most of his energy by the time he got to numbers 13 and 14

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 72 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,772
Posts18,476,962
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.