Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Ed - these guys say I can do it for $29 with $600 in insurance. Seems like a winner.

HR IC

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by sherm_61
If your FFL holder is not there every day all day to sign for it ship USPS.

Got a FedEx package in missed category for gawd's sake we were here you SOBs, try ringing the damned bell and maybe doing it again! I hate FedEx!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by shawlerbrook
Buy a cheap plastic Plano case and ship the rifle in that case in a cardboard box. Don’t worry about cost, worry about it getting there safe. UPS or USPS and FEDEX as a last choice. Just my opinions.

^^^^This...except USPS, Fedex Ground, UPS for me. I buy 3 or 4 cheap, soft rifle cases when they are on sale at Wal-Mart, then stop in to my LGS and ask for rifle boxes. They always have plenty to share. Pro Tip: 2” strapping tape is your friend! Use it generously. Take pictures of the packing process and the final package. Do the online USPS Click and Ship. When you hand it over to USPS, ask for an acceptance receipt. Between the pics, the receipt, and the tracking info, you can prove you’ve done your part. Good luck!

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use USPS. Why? From here anyway, it is cheaper and faster to my buyer. Whenever I'm a buyer and I hear someone using UPS or FedEx, even though I'm in no hurry, I can generally count on ten days. Heck, priority mail is usually, not always but usually, only a few dollars more than parcel and usually less than UPS or FedEx. I will pay the few extra dollars to keep shipping down to 3 or 4 days in the hands of a bunch of chuckleheads rather than 7 to 14 days. I gave up on FedEx and UPS a long time ago. Is USPS perfect? No. However, my experience has been that, on average, it's easier, cheaper, more reliable and faster.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
If your friend happens to be in AK, do him a favor and use USPS. The other two are nearly double the price for shipping up here ...

UPS is awful up here in Alaska USPS about half the cost and a lot faster.

Last edited by kk alaska; 07/16/20.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
It costs what it costs. If you are always trying to save a dollar you will remain disappointed.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by sherm_61
If your FFL holder is not there every day all day to sign for it ship USPS.

Got a FedEx package in missed category for gawd's sake we were here you SOBs, try ringing the damned bell and maybe doing it again! I hate FedEx!

UPS Is just as bad here. No to both of those options. USPS priority. Hard case inside a cardboard box.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Shipping is allowing someone else to handle your precious belongings. They throw it in a truck, throw it off the truck, throw it in a bin, throw it in a cart, load it on an airplane, transfer it to multiple trucks, drop it off at the post office where it gets thrown around more.

Gripe all you want. Y'all sound like Kapernick cutting his nose off to spite his face. If you think the entire common shipping industry is a mob of derelicts then don't ship your packages.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (204guy, 1Longbow, 257Bob, 12344mag, 25classic, 2500HD, 57 invisible), 2,698 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,294
Posts18,486,992
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.