Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
jaguartx: For YOUR information I often open your postings and immediately close them!
I could give a flyingfuck less what some newspaper somewhere prints!
I have been sitting around campfires for going on 73 years now - from Alaska to Texas and most states and provinces in between and I have NEVER had a campfire attendee say to me "you should read this newspaper article" and then NOT give a reason why and/or an opinion or a counter argument!
Ever!
Not once!
You seem to always do that - again I could give a flyingfuck less what some newspaper says - I would 1,000 (one thousand!) times rather hear/see your opinion/argument/experiences.
I admit the electrons that you use up for your ambiguous and insulting, to me, posts are free, but they are also worthless.
Please include an opinion or an argument or a counter - otherwise your posts are absolutely useless to me.
And the new york slimes!
Judas priest man get a grip - WGAF?????
I have NEVER in my 73 years on this earth purchased a medium or large city "newspaper" - ever, not once! I have been made aware that those entities have been lying and distorting for at least 55 years that I know of.
Again I must inquire WTF and WGAF?
I strongly suggest you NOT expose yourself in any way, shape or form to the new york slimes - now that advice is free and worth exactly that, but that advice/policy has served me exceptionally well during all of my lifetime!
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
jaguartx: For YOUR information I often open your postings and immediately close them!
I have been sitting around campfires for going on 73 years now - from Alaska to Texas and most states and provinces in between and I have NEVER had a campfire attendee say to me "you should read this newspaper article" and then NOT give a reason why and/or an opinion or a counter argument!
Ever!
Not once!
You seem to always do that - again I could give a flyingfuck less what some newspaper says - I would 1,000 (one thousand!) times rather hear/see your opinion/argument/experiences.
I admit the electrons that you use up for your ambiguous and insulting, to me, posts are free, but they are also worthless.
Please include an opinion or an argument or a counter - otherwise your posts are absolutely useless to me.
And the new york slimes!
I have NEVER in my 73 years on this earth purchased a medium or large city "newspaper" - ever, not once! I have been made aware that those entities have been lying and distorting for at least 55 years that I know of.
I strongly suggest you NOT expose yourself in any way, shape or form to the new york slimes - now that advice is free and worth exactly that, but that advice/policy has served me exceptionally well during all of my lifetime!
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You really should have read it.

Try again.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Amazing the number of links that require a subscription that people will put up.

The dayom thing came up for me to read. It was the third one i tried to post.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Guess I live in a different universe. I never heard her name before in my life.

No reason for you to know her name unless you read the NY Times.

Her story is an interesting one. In 2017, she was chosen to succeed James Benet, who simply published an Op Ed by Arkansas GOP Senator Tom Cotton. Staff writers were so incensed that the Times published something from a conservative GOP Senator that they called for Benets job, and got it. They displayed zero tolerance for any other OPINION on the NY Times OPINION page than extreme Progressivism.

Bari Weiss now gets moved out after being harassed for simply doing her job, and largely being Left leaning to very left in her political views. They eat their own.

Like a pack of wild dogs that run out of food, or blecks in packs that run out of drug deals.

An inevitable clash is in the works. The left is starting to suck muzzy dicks. Where will that leave the joos? Depends if they are part of the rich deep state NWO or expendable, Im guessing.

Or pissed off guys on the CAMPFIRE.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/14/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Dear VG, I almost never tell guys why they should read anything I post.

To me, and I assume others, the headline gave enough info for anyone interested in the story to read it.

Im too old and dumb to learn new tricks. My arthur almost prevents me from even doing this well.

Sorry. I hope Rick doesnt cut my pay for losing a reader.

Take care and GOD bless.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/14/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Freaking story continues to come up on my Samsung tablet.

Opinion editor and writer Bari Weiss has left the New York Times, publishing a scathing resignation letter on her way out Tuesday that accused the newspaper of allowing “unlawful discrimination, hostile work environment, and constructive discharge,” among other misdeeds.

The controversial journalist’s exit comes amid a reckoning prompted by the Black Lives Matter movement and after the New York Times’ publication of the inflammatory “Send in the Troops” op-ed by Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), which called for military mobilization against protesters.

The June piece was widely condemned within and beyond the newspaper and among scores of readers. It sparked what Weiss called a war between "(mostly young) wokes” and "(mostly 40+) liberals” and ultimately led to the departure of Opinion editor James Bennet.

The New York Times building in New York in 2008.
COMPANY TOWN

New York Times opinion editor resigns following ‘Send in the Troops’ controversy

June 7, 2020

Weiss, who said she experienced “constant bullying by colleagues” who disagree with her views, was also among the signatories of last week’s divisive Harper’s open letter on cancel culture. She said she experienced bullying online and lamented the New York Times’ inaction on her alleged harassment.

“Some coworkers insist I need to be rooted out if this company is to be a truly ‘inclusive’ one, while others post ax emojis next to my name. Still other New York Times employees publicly smear me as a liar and a bigot on Twitter with no fear that harassing me will be met with appropriate action. They never are,” she wrote in her resignation letter addressed to Times publisher A.G. Sulzberger.

“Twitter is not on the masthead of The New York Times. But Twitter has become its ultimate editor,” she continued. “As the ethics and mores of that platform have become those of the paper, the paper itself has increasingly become a kind of performance space. Stories are chosen and told in a way to satisfy the narrowest of audiences, rather than to allow a curious public to read about the world and then draw their own conclusions. I was always taught that journalists were charged with writing the first rough draft of history. Now, history itself is one more ephemeral thing molded to fit the needs of a predetermined narrative.”

FILE - In this Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018 file photo, writer J.K. Rowling poses for the media at the world premiere of the film "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald" in Paris. Dozens of artists, writers and academics have signed an open letter decrying the weakening of public debate, it was announced Wednesday, July 8, 2020 warning that the free exchange of information and ideas is in jeopardy. J.K. Rowling, Salman Rushdie and Margaret Atwood are among dozens of writers, artists and academics to argue against ideological conformity in an open letter in Harper’s Magazine. The letter comes amid a debate over so-called cancel culture - where prominent people face attack for sharing controversial opinions. (AP Photo/Christophe Ena, file)
ENTERTAINMENT & ARTS

Column: ‘Cancel culture’ is not the problem. The Harper’s letter is

July 9, 2020

In a Tuesday statement, Kathleen Kingsbury, the New York Times’ acting editorial page editor, said that she appreciated Weiss’ contributions to the section and is “personally committed to ensuring that The Times continues to publish voices, experiences and viewpoints from across the political spectrum in the Opinion report.”

“We see every day how impactful and important that approach is, especially through the outsized influence The Times’s opinion journalism has on the national conversation,” Kingsbury said.

New York Times spokeswoman Eileen Murphy declined to comment on the specifics of Weiss’ letter, but added: “We’re committed to fostering an environment of honest, searching and empathetic dialogue between colleagues, one where mutual respect is required of all.”

Weiss was hired three years ago under Bennet, who brought in the views of more conservative writers, including Weiss and columnist Bret Stephens. The newspaper and its staff have long been a target for President Trump and his conservative allies; the president regularly describes the profitable, award-winning newspaper as “failing.”

She said she joined the paper with the goal of bringing in voices that would not otherwise appear in the paper of record, such as first-time writers, centrists, conservatives and others “who would not naturally think of The Times as their home.” That’s because, she argued, the paper failed to anticipate the outcome of the 2016 election, which meant that it didn’t have a firm grasp of the country it covers.” She said her section’s priority “was to help redress that critical shortcoming.”

She was previously the op-ed editor at the Wall Street Journal and an associate book review editor there.

ENTERTAINMENT & ARTS
Newsletter
Your essential guide to the arts in L.A.

Get Carolina A. Miranda's weekly newsletter for what's happening, plus openings, critics' picks and more.

Enter Email Address
Enter Email Address
SIGN ME UP
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.

Nardine Saad
Twitter
Instagram
Email
Facebook
Nardine Saad covers entertainment, celebrities and their kin for the Los Angeles Times.

MORE FROM THE LOS ANGELES TIMES

NEW YORK, NY - 1987: Donald Trump, Ivana Trump, Mary Trump and Fred Trump attend PAL Dinner in May 1987 at The Plaza Hotel in New York City. (Photo by Sonia Moskowitz/Getty Images)
BOOKS

Review: The most devastating thing about Mary Trump’s portrait is her empathy for Donald Trump

1 hour ago

Viola Davis poses with her award at the Primetime Emmy Awards at the Microsoft Theater on Sept. 20.
ENTERTAINMENT & ARTS

Dario Calmese makes history as first Black photographer to shoot Vanity Fair cover

2 hours ago

Telluride Film Festival at night.
MOVIES

Telluride Film Festival reverses course and cancels over coronavirus concerns

2 hours ago

Carleton Watkins, "Untitled (Mission San Gabriel)," circa 1880, albumen silver print
ENTERTAINMENT & ARTS

The first great California artist photographed San Gabriel Mission 140 years ago

2 hours ago

SUBSCRIBERS ARE READING

CALIFORNIA

Newsom orders statewide reclosure of indoor dining, limits on church services, salons

CALIFORNIA

L.A. Unified will not reopen campuses for start of school year amid coronavirus spike

OPINION

California is back on coronavirus lockdown. And we have no one to blame but ourselves

SCIENCE

A plasma shot could prevent coronavirus. But feds and makers won’t act, scientists say

WORLD & NATION

The 1918 flu hammered this Arizona mining town. Now a new scourge looms

ADVERTISEMENT
LATEST ENTERTAINMENT & ARTS

TELEVISION

‘Glee’ creators launching college fund for Naya Rivera’s 4-year-old son

2 hours ago

TELEVISION

Jimmy Fallon returns to ‘Tonight Show’ studio for first time since COVID-19 shutdown

July 14, 2020

MUSIC

It’s time to cancel ‘The Star-Spangled Banner.’ Here’s what should replace it

July 14, 2020

TELEVISION

Grant Imahara, ‘MythBusters’ host and electrical engineer, dies at 49

51 minutes ago

COMPANY TOWN

Weinstein sex-abuse settlement rejected by federal judge

July 14, 2020

ADVERTISEMENT
Los Angeles Times
Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow Us

twitter
instagram
youtube
facebook
eNewspaper
Find/Post Jobs
For the Record
Place an Ad
Why L.A. Times?
Crossword
Obituaries

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Condensed version of Bari Weiss' statement: The NY Times is radical left and controlled by radical leftists. If you are even one millimeter right of the farthest left, you will be ostracized.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Much more is coming to light. Ms. Weiss was instrumental in getting Ali Watkins hired to the NYT publish the illegal leak from James Wolfe.

This "journalist" is dirty and attempting to cover her ass.

Conservative Treehouse

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Well, joo dont say.

I Dindo Nuffin
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Ever!
Not once!
And the new york slimes!
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Ignorance is not a virtue, VG, even in SW Montana.

The reason this is important is that it's a major crack in the NYT's claim to be the paper of record of the United States. I don't think it's the paper of record but a lot of people do, more than live in SW Montana. In short, this is an important blow against the fake news.

This thread might be the only time I've ever agreed with Jaguartx.

Sheesh.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
After seeing her interview with Joe Rogan it’s obvious she isn’t too bright. She regurgitated neoliberal talking points and headlines and when challenged she crumbled.

Last edited by Daveinjax; 07/14/20.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The golems are turning on their creators.

After all the Bari Weisses have done to me & mine, I must admit to no small pleasure watching her (virtual) defenestration. Next time, maybe the golems and pets can arrange to actually run down and eat their former master/mistress. Would make great video.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
For sure something they could make money on.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Please include an opinion
VarmintGuy

Ignorance is not a virtue, VG, even in SW Montana.

The reason this is important is that it's a major crack in the NYT's claim to be the paper of record of the United States. I don't think it's the paper of record but a lot of people do, more than live in SW Montana. In short, this is an important blow against the fake news.

This thread might be the only time I've ever agreed with Jaguartx.

Sheesh.
[/quote]
Gee, Indy, I thought surely you agreed with me about Bill, Zero and Hillary. frown

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 1936M71, 71 invisible), 2,329 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,684
Posts18,493,949
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.