Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I stopped by Gene Taylor Sporting Goods in Gunnison CO. It's a really good store by the way. Didn't need this ammo, but at 2.99 a box, I cleaned them out.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Gene Taylors is awesome, I stop in every other year when I’m out there for elk. They have anything you forgot to bring and anything you might want.

Last visit I overheard one of the young lady employees bitching to a coworker about her schedule. It went something like this, “They know I’ve got tags for third season, this is the only weekend I have to hunt, I’m NOT coming in on Saturday!”

Then when I was waiting for my turn at the register, another young lady working the register was explaining to someone how plotts made for better lion dogs than walkers because plotts were better family dogs. I happen to agree with her but I was astonished there was a young lady in Gunnison who knew what plotts and walkers were.

If you haven’t done it yet, Mario’s pizza is also worth a visit. Go hungry.

Circles
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Circles
I stopped by Gene Taylor Sporting Goods in Gunnison CO. It's a really good store by the way. Didn't need this ammo, but at 2.99 a box, I cleaned them out.

Gene Taylors is awesome, I stop in every other year when I’m out there for elk. They have anything you forgot to bring and anything you might want.

Last visit I overheard one of the young lady employees bitching to a coworker about her schedule. It went something like this, “They know I’ve got tags for third season, this is the only weekend I have to hunt, I’m NOT coming in on Saturday!”

Then when I was waiting for my turn at the register, another young lady working the register was explaining to someone how plotts made for better lion dogs than walkers because plotts were better family dogs. I happen to agree with her but I was astonished there was a young lady in Gunnison who knew what plotts and walkers were.

The counter girls were easy to look at when I checked out!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Better than a discount!

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Circles

I would have hid the 11 boxes and made 12 trips. Buying one box at a time........

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Pretty selfish, didn't need it but took all of it. Didn't think about leaving any for a brother RF shooter, hogged it all for yourself. Next time there isn't any to be had, look yourself in the mirror before complaining. You're one of the clods that caused it to happen !

Originally Posted by gunswizard
Selfish = Stupid therefor you'll never get my point. I have .22 ammo sufficient to my needs, but someone else might have needed what you hogged. Just the fact that you're here bragging about it shows you know taking it all was not the attitude to have. Guess you never learned about sharing ever.

Absolutely comrade! Make sure that anything you don’t like is labeled as such and you have the guts to stand up against such opulence. Thank goodness we have retail nazis like you to keep us in line.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
stopped at the local hardware store yesterday. Took ALL the SV match they had. I did leave the minimags and fed bulk stuff for others, so gunwizard wouldn't stroke out....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Gunjizzer, now I hope my purchase makes more sense to you. I do have my doubts that this is within the realms of your comprehension though. I am not one of the dolts cutting back on shooting out of fear I might run out of ammo. The silliness with ammo can run for a while before I have to stop shooting. Carry on.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by huntsman22
stopped at the local hardware store yesterday. Took ALL the SV match they had. I did leave the minimags and fed bulk stuff for others, so gunwizard wouldn't stroke out....

That's good stuff Huntsman...I would have done the same.

I'm a big fan of Norma Match. Shoots well above it's price point... but don't tell anyone, wouldn't want to start a buying frenzy..

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by m1919
Originally Posted by huntsman22

That's good stuff Huntsman...I would have done the same.

I'm a big fan of Norma Match. Shoots well above it's price point... but don't tell anyone, wouldn't want to start a buying frenzy..

I consider it to be one of the best bang for the buck 22 offerings.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Greedy or not makes no difference. The question is why would you think anyone gives a [bleep]? Needing validation?

Hey! I just bought a yard of #57 aggregate stone. Maybe I should take pictures and post it?

Lame.....

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
Greedy or not makes no difference. The question is why would you think anyone gives a [bleep]? Needing validation?

Hey! I just bought a yard of #57 aggregate stone. Maybe I should take pictures and post it?

Lame.....

Threads are composed largely for entertainment purposes. This one was informational as well. Some got the thrill of the the score. It even stirred up a good chat about the subject store and the employees. Then it served a tertiary purpose of bringing out whiny cundts who need to go fist themselves. That wasn't the intent, but that's no reason not to laugh at the pathetic twats.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 1234, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 2,255 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,261
Posts18,486,455
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.