Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15053654 07/15/20
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
I think some slap-nut is stealing my mail. I haven’t had mail for several days, which is odd. I live in the sticks and didn’t really think anything of it till today. Bought an item on Fleabay for my sons birthday. Tracking shows delivered to my mailbox...nada nothing. I’m gonna try to catch my driver tomorrow, but I doubt they could possibly remember mine out of all the deliveries. Ticks me off...

Buy once, cry once.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shirley you're joking, taking someone else's mail is agin the law!

Good luck, I hate thieves.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
A good friend received a birthday card
from his elderly mother, and the humidity
is such in that region that the money she
enclosed made a print on the white inner
portion of the card.
By the time the rural mail carrier delivered it
to his box, the mail carrier had already removed
the cash, but didn't figure on the ink transfering
onto the greeting card. She'd been better off
to carry the card home along with the money
she stole

It wasn't too long ago that the local news
had a story about how many of the mail
sorters here were setting aside greeting cards
until they had enough to look through and
check for enclosed cash and checks and
money orders, but mostly for cash.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
We too live a long ways out in the country and our mailbox is not visible to us (or anyone else). Due to that we have a locking mailbox and haven't had a problem. On larger items, UPS and Fed Ex deliver to our second gate. USPS leaves a note in the box and we pick it up at the post office.

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Perhaps a game cam would catch the thief.

W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Go to the USPS site and sign up for "Informed Delivery". You'll get a picture each morning of every envelope that's coming to your box everyday

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by WTF
Go to the USPS site and sign up for "Informed Delivery". You'll get a picture each morning of every envelope that's coming to your box everyday

I’ve been using it for several years, pretty handy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
New neighbors have twin 5-6 year old boys.

I ran them out of our creek and out from under our farm bridge, warned them about snakes. They ran off

Yesterday, I was digging gravel out of our creek, seems I stifled their program. They stood over by mine and my uncles’ mailboxes and started going through our mail.

I yelled at the little bastids and one gave me the ‘ crotch grab and lasso roping motion’

Bwahaha. I had to laugh. But I will have to speak their housecoat wearing mama.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A few years back, noticed an odd check that had cleared my USAA account. The only checks I had been writing were for the water bill. Pulled the image up, my 49 dollar and change check for my water bill had a 1 in front of the 49. The city name and account had been whited out and the dude put his own name on the check and cashed it. USAA stopped payment on it as soon as I called.

Went to the local post office filed a complaint with them. I even found the guy online and knew what apartment complex he lived in. The investigator told me he was wanted for numerous mail theft cases.

That was 2015. He has never been prosecuted to this day.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Local newspaper rural motor-route delivery person was busted taking mail from mailboxes on his delivery route. Authorities reported his back floor board and seat were piled full with mail of all kinds he took. He served some time in prison for it. Saw him out in a store about a year and a half - two years later.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Same weird thing has been happening to me.
Sometimes a whole week goes by and nothing.
4 Things come to mind.

1. Businesses aren't advertising. It recently opened up so ive gotten a few glossies.

2. Mailman doesn't want to get the coronavid so he's maybe choosing or told to not deliver. Most unlikely scenario.

3. Mailman/ woman delivers to the wrong address.
That used to happen every other week at another location. Sometimes id get a stack for other roads. Id have to put them back with the flag for redelivery. Lid was always open. I ask the carrier and was told she was running late. No apologies.

4. Somebody's stealing mail all over the neighborhoods and going back under the bridge or homeless shelter fishing for Stimulus checks and info for cashing them

Out of those, which is most likely?
Maybe there's one I forgot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Our mailbox is one of about 2 dozen on the end of the street. Each house in our subdivision has its own box for letters and when you get a package the mail carrier puts a key to a locked compartment in your box. That dumb SOB might get half of the letters in the correct box and I would bet that he gets less than 1/3 of the packages correct. There are weeks that I get more of my neighbor across the street’s mail than my own.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
USPS used to jump all over such things as mail theft and try to catch thieves. There was a time when a Postal Inspector was a badazz dude. My wife started working at the post office around the 1977 time frame, and postal inspectors would be on a case in a New York minute. I'm guessing that over the years, as more crimes were being committed, they quit going after the small ones, and concentrated on the bigger ones.

When I was working as a rural carrier, we had a Black dude break in a steal some Christmas packages. The local cop, a Barney Fife clone, was actually able to solve the crime and catch the guy. However, since the crime had been committed on government property, the postal inspectors had to file the charges. They never showed up, and the guy was never charged.

One word of caution, never, ever mail cash. We had a local Amish man mail $5000 to his bank, and it never got there. I had warned the Amish community that it wasn't safe to mail cash, and if they couldn't help it, then they needed to hitch ole Betsy to the buggy and go to the bank in person. But, it is actually pretty rare for mail to be stolen, and if you're concerned that it might be, then rent a P.O. Box.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
USPS has taken a turn for the worse.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
About a year back we had one of those disappearing mail things going on in my neighborhood. Turns out a 13 year old up the street from me was looking for Xmas shopping money. He was under the care of his grandparents because his parents were in jail. One of the neighbors caught him at it and held him until the cops arrived. He had a letter addressed to the fella that caught him in his pocket that held a cashiers check for $50K. He be living as a guest of the state in Juvy Hall.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
I think some slap-nut is stealing my mail. I haven’t had mail for several days, which is odd. I live in the sticks and didn’t really think anything of it till today. Bought an item on Fleabay for my sons birthday. Tracking shows delivered to my mailbox...nada nothing. I’m gonna try to catch my driver tomorrow, but I doubt they could possibly remember mine out of all the deliveries. Ticks me off...

Set up a game camera.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord

I ran them out of our creek and out from under our farm bridge, warned them about snakes. They ran off

Yesterday, I was digging gravel out of our creek, seems I stifled their program. They stood over by mine and my uncles’ mailboxes and started going through our mail.

I yelled at the little bastids and one gave me the ‘ crotch grab and lasso roping motion’

Lol!!!
When you told me this the other day

LMFAO!!!!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
A few years back, noticed an odd check that had cleared my USAA account. The only checks I had been writing were for the water bill. Pulled the image up, my 49 dollar and change check for my water bill had a 1 in front of the 49. The city name and account had been whited out and the dude put his own name on the check and cashed it. USAA stopped payment on it as soon as I called.

Went to the local post office filed a complaint with them. I even found the guy online and knew what apartment complex he lived in. The investigator told me he was wanted for numerous mail theft cases.

That was 2015. He has never been prosecuted to this day.

This happened a few years ago. It was late August and I sent a computer printed check for $26K to a stone supplier in Toronto, ON. Unfortunately, this company doesn't send out monthly statements. At the end of September, when my book keeper reconciled, it hadn't cleared yet, but she didn't question it. By the end of October when she reconciled, the check had cleared in early Oct. for $36K and she told me about it. So I called my supplier and asked WTF? They said that they never got the check and I still owed the $26K. So I go to the bank and the branch manager pulls up a picture of the check. It was my check with my signature but it was made out to Rock Star Recording Studio in NY City. I googled the address and it was an empty lot. I had to file a claim with the bank and it took 6 months to get my money back.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord

Lol!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 51 invisible), 2,420 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,457
Posts18,489,764
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.