Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
A while back I thought Aljazeera English was fairly balanced, but it's been years since I've seen that.

Before you all pile on, I only watched a few times.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shirely you jest.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
A while back I thought Aljazeera English was fairly balanced, but it's been years since I've seen that.

The few times I watched it, yes; it was surprisingly balanced. And that was in the middle of that ISIS crap.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

Pretty much says it

Only if you have your head up your ass

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My take is that they try really, really hard to be fair and show both sides, but they are so urban-centric, they can't get past their own biases. And it has gotten quite a bit worse in the last five years.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
A calm monotone subtle presentation of leftist hogwash does not change the fact that it is leftist hogwash.

It's interesting how all the folks on PBS speak in carefully modulated tones. Apparently that's supposed to make them seem more authoritative.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Snort.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Dutch
My take is that they try really, really hard to be fair and show both sides, but they are so urban-centric, they can't get past their own biases. And it has gotten quite a bit worse in the last five years.

I don’t don’t know what in the hell you were listening to but it couldn’t have been PBS.

I used to listen to them all the time, for my entire shift while on patrol; partly because it was pretty much the only thing I could get on the radio, and partly because of the classical music and some of the shows - especially on the weekends - which were often actually pretty interesting.

But to say that they try really, really hard to be fair and get both sides is just plain out fugging laughable.

Originally Posted by Dutch

Last edited by Dryfly24; 07/17/20.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
OAN comes closest.

Closest.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Are you kidding?
I started listening to PBS many years ago. It was a fair news gathering orgainization, back then.
Certainly in the past 4 years it is a rabid Hate-Trump network, just as bad as CNN or MSLSD.
And the tv show is just as biased as the radio show.

And, PBS is paid for with your tax dollars.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
If I heard the PBS had re-animated Ronald Reagan and Bill Buckley to co-anchor the evening news and hired the ghosts of Barry Goldwater, John Birch and Curtis LeMay as reporters at large, I'd still think it was all a front for leftist trash.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon

This:
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Snort.

Was not directed at you.

I would agree with Slummy that you sometimes get a straiter look at your own country's news from the outside ..

It is in the interest of PBS to be pro big government.

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 07/17/20.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
There are exactly ZERO non-compromised "news" agencies. If you want news, you have to look for it. If you want propaganda, it is literally everywhere, all the time.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
There are exactly ZERO non-compromised "news" agencies. If you want news, you have to look for it. If you want propaganda, it is literally everywhere, all the time.

That's a big AMEN.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shaman
If I heard the PBS had re-animated Ronald Reagan and Bill Buckley to co-anchor the evening news and hired the ghosts of Barry Goldwater, John Birch and Curtis LeMay as reporters at large, I'd still think it was all a front for leftist trash.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PBS is just better at pretending to be sober than the other outlets. They take longer, present more facts, but the bias is profound. I watch them as a cross-check against the other narratives.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Has PBS discussed Biden’s plans to destroy our country? Have they asked Biden any questions about these plans? How about an analysis of his mental challenges and weather he will be able to do the job as president if elected? If they haven’t then they aren’t a news organization, just propagandists for the progressive fascists.

[Linked Image from ]
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
About every 3 months, just to check up on PBS, which I used to like so much, I will be driving down the road and I will turn on All Things Considered.
I have done this dozens of times in the Trump Era.
PBS cannot go ten minutes with a story on what a bad guy, or corrupt fool, or murderous monster, President Trump is. Or, if they go 8 minutes without criticizing Trump, they will have a story on how racist America is, evil white cops murdering innocent, noble Negros.

Can't go ten minutes without, and ten minutes is the most I can take of this garbage. It is news, with a political twist. A hard core Liberal twist.

Compare this with the fawning coverage we got for 8 years on Obama. Obama said, time and time again, "If you want your plan you can keep it. If you like your doctor, you can keep him." One of the most notorious political lies in history, yet PBS never called Obama a liar.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Public broadcast schitt. About as one sided as it gets! They Juan go he was to conservative! They dont hardly get any more commie than Juan!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Semi-fair? Chit.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

474 members (12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 40 invisible), 1,893 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,443
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.