AI Enhanced

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for posting

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Neil Armstrong is a true American hero. Brilliant yet humble, everything you’d want to represent our nation to the rest of the world.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BulletBud
Neil Armstrong is a true American hero. Brilliant yet humble, everything you’d want to represent our nation to the rest of the world.
I don't blame him for being humble and not talking much about the moon landing.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Here we go...

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Here we go...

Hehehe😬

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Granted, I am lower IQ than the general public. ( I was going to join the flat earth society, until I went to sea in my youth, so yeah, it appears to be somewhat round.)
Rocky, polite patient guy that he is, is kind of our go-to guy on things above angels 50. So, rumor has it that we put brave exceptional men on the moon some years back, we have grainy black and white film (similar to Bigfoot films) to prove it. So fast forward 50 years...now we need to buy a Russian Bus ticket to get to the ISS? Scathing comments and explanations please.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looks like a good place to ship all the neighbors that like to ride dirt bikes.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Here we go...

They exist and it boggles the mind. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Granted, I am lower IQ than the general public. ( I was going to join the flat earth society, until I went to sea in my youth, so yeah, it appears to be somewhat round.)
Rocky, polite patient guy that he is, is kind of our go-to guy on things above angels 50. So, rumor has it that we put brave exceptional men on the moon some years back, we have grainy black and white film (similar to Bigfoot films) to prove it. So fast forward 50 years...now we need to buy a Russian Bus ticket to get to the ISS? Scathing comments and explanations please.

Are you asking why we used to be able to get to the moon but can't now?

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Precisely Mr Claro, I guess I could have shortened the post. Brevity is the soul of humor.

Last edited by flintlocke; 07/20/20.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Precisely Mr Claro, I guess I could have shortened the post. Brevity is the soul of humor.

I'm no expert on the subject but from what I understand essentially like having had a car once and being able to drive to the big city, but then your car got old and you didn't replace it, and you figured there wasn't much need to go back to the city anyway so you never got a new one. Now, the cost of getting one is so high its easier to take the russian Uber.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
We aren't going to the moon now cause we broke.

"No bucks, no Buck Rogers."

- The Right Stuff

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Impressive.

Retired cat herder.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by BulletBud

Yes he was. However, the next American on the moon........

Moe

"Pick out two!"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The only reason we aren't still going to the moon is because (and this sounds as simple as it actually is) we stopped going.

The "whys" of that are complex, but the bottom line is that we just stopped going. Earth orbit and the revolution in satellite technology took its place. Many would argue that was much to the better, and I cannot argue with that. It may now be time to start looking back to the moon and beyond, starting with Mars. It still isn't any easier and it certainly won't be any cheaper, but just as with satellites and the Space Station, what we gain from it will certainly outweigh the costs.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I will always wonder why he chose to be buried at sea instead of Arlington.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
For one thing, he was a civilian and Arlington is for military.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tks so much ! Really enjoyed rewatching this in the much better clarity

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
We don't go to the moon now because there is no purpose in going there.

Back then we (a) wanted to show the world that we could beat the Russians and (b) do some science. The first purpose no longer exists and today it is cheaper and better to do science with unmanned robot spacecraft. In fact, the Apollo program was abruptly cancelled in the middle of it. Three great ships were already constructed when the program was scrapped, but the people no longer cared. You can go tour one of them at Cape Canaveral, lying on its belly like a dead whale. You can. I won't.

Apollo was the finest technical achievement of the American nation. 400,000 people, including me, had a part in it. We will never see its like again. I also predict, despite NASA's wishes to preserve 30,000 bureaucratic jobs, that we will never make a human landfall on Mars, for the same reasons.

After Apollo, NASA squandered its funds and reputation on the Shuttle, one of the worst designed engineering projects in history. It failed to meet any of its objectives. As it ended up, the only purpose of the Shuttle was to go to the ISS. The only purpose of the ISS was to provide a destination for the Shuttle.

Very little useful science has come from the ISS. 90% of everything we know about the universe has been discovered during my short lifetime, and none of it has come from the ISS.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1minute, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,101 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,780
Posts18,495,903
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.