Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Originally Posted by slumlord
Dont be one of them western people that don’t believe in Jesus. See that a lot on here.

And theyre always assy

The Jesus lovers that pray for funeral shootings, those?

Or the Iowa/Canada ones?

Or the Q cock lovers?

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 358wsm

Temperance

For whatever reason, I was trained to withhold my feelings, to stuff my emotions, and to suppress my desires. As I've aged, I have discovered that my fuse seems to always be lit, and if the wind blows ever so slightly, an explosion is bound to happen. I never knew how deep and how prevalent this was in me - but there it is. In everything that seems to move contrary to how I think or feel it should, in every and any situation, I lose my shheitt.
It's bad enough for someone to be on the receiving end of my temper, but for me personally it's something that is extremely difficult for me to carry within...the constant anxiety, turmoil, the constant suppression of rage...

I am tired of being this way, and I'd like to change.

How did you learn, and aquire emotional maturity and temperance.?

A good ass whipping by someone who can get angrier than you quicker than you .

Next time you’ll think twice.

The third time you’ll turn your back and walk away.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I want nothing to do with either of the two.

#winning

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Now we know why Old Toot beats the schit out of park employees whilst wearing his mask.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Now we know why Old Toot beats the schit out of park employees whilst wearing his mask.

LOL

They had it coming.
Grins

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
"We all got it coming, Kid."

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Realize that when some a**hole cuts you off in traffic, you can get all worked up about it but your anger is not going to change anything. They'll still be an a**hole tomorrow but you'll be the one cussing, with high blood pressure.

Plus, it could be someone's 90 year-old grandma driving, so cut her a break.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Temperance

For whatever reason, I was trained to withhold my feelings, to stuff my emotions, and to suppress my desires. As I've aged, I have discovered that my fuse seems to always be lit, and if the wind blows ever so slightly, an explosion is bound to happen. I never knew how deep and how prevalent this was in me - but there it is. In everything that seems to move contrary to how I think or feel it should, in every and any situation, I lose my shheitt.
It's bad enough for someone to be on the receiving end of my temper, but for me personally it's something that is extremely difficult for me to carry within...the constant anxiety, turmoil, the constant suppression of rage...

My grandpa used to tell me that if you don't control your temper it will control you. The answer for me was God, as was my grandpa's too. I've also found that as I get older what I think is not all that important in the grand scheme of things and not getting what I want is sometimes a great blessing!

Last edited by Jim1611; 07/24/20.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by smokepole
Realize that when some a**hole cuts you off in traffic, you can get all worked up about it but your anger is not going to change anything. They'll still be an a**hole tomorrow but you'll be the one cussing, with high blood pressure.

Plus, it could be someone's 90 year-old grandma driving, so cut her a break.

Also to be considered is that too much wild scchitt’ll get you Red flagged. That’s a popular thing, hear tell.

Would probably follow that pre-mentioned ass whipping.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
"We all got it coming, Kid."

“Take another drink”.

IC B3

358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
Just as a physically unhealthy heart can destroy your body, an emotionally and spiritually unhealthy heart can destroy you and your relationships.

Lack of self-control, and anger, are burdensome companions. They corrode the vessel in which they are contained.

Rather than responding to immediate impulses, we ‘can’ learn to evaluate alternative actions, we ‘can’ learn to refrain from doing things we'll regret, and we ‘can’ learn to develop wisdom and willpower. We ‘can’ learn to improve ourselves, our perspectives, and our lives.

I believe that.

I'm single, I work a lot of hours.
Since I have little in regards to a social life, I think of myself to be a rather calm individual.

I have found though that when someone gets close enough, and I to them, they 'can' be sort of a mirror to me, showing me, or drawing out of me that which is usually hidden from my view.

Let's just say, for senario sake, that someone makes a comment. I will often process that comment to be something other than what is intended. Once that conclusion is made, i might hold my tongue, but I dont often let it go, and it fosters. By the time the next "misunderstanding" comes along, I'm ready to unleash my thoughts, with harsh and often melodramatic behavior.
Then comes the apology, but by then I've been proven the fool.

The thing is, were it not for these persons, I'd be unaware.

It's a troubling thing.

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just like tolerance. Highly overrated.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'm conditioned to "React."

So you are programmed.

which means a process of deprogramming
would be required.

Originally Posted by comerade

Anger is judgement, of you and them....find a way to reduce this. It is doable .God Bless

Scripture says be slow to anger/don't be hasty
in adopting such behavior.
One cannot completely avoid anger, so its up
to a person to manage it, the more one applies
the self to such aim the better you get at it.
And the more understanding one gains the less
prone they are to becoming angry.
So keep it in check and don't allow it to take
hold,.. Learn to let it go asap when it arises.

Since the book shows even God getting angry,
Then what can man realistically expect of
himself?

Some like to blame others for making them angry,
when in reality its one's own choice.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I believe that.

Since I have little in regards to a social life, I think of myself to be a rather calm individual.

I have found though that when someone gets close enough, and I to them, they 'can' be sort of a mirror to me, showing me, or drawing out of me that which is usually hidden from my view.

Let's just say, for senario sake, that someone makes a comment. I will often process that comment to be something other than what is intended. Once that conclusion is made, i might hold my tongue, but I dont often let it go, and it fosters. By the time the next "misunderstanding" comes along, I'm ready to unleash my thoughts, with harsh and often melodramatic behavior.

It's a troubling thing.

Were you born and raised in an Indian village?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Temperance

I’ve been where you are. It’s not good.

Here’s what the psychology behind it is, if I’m not mistaken.

You are a normal human being, with normal emotions. Fear, sadness, hurt, happiness, joy, disappointment, etc. What is happening is that you are not recognizing your emotions for what they are, and don’t feel them for what they are.

Say the kid does something that disappoints you - happened to me, once wink. Instead of feeling disappointed and reacting with disappointment, you flash over all those feelings, and go straight to anger. Anger is ok, we’re men, heck, if we’re “Christian” men we can even call it righteous anger! So you give the kid what-for......

The psychologists call anger a secondary emotion in such a case. You act with anger as a substitute for the emotion you originally had but ignored.

The good news? Once you figure that mechanism out, it’s really quite easy to interrupt the jump to anger, so you can just feel the hurt, fear or sadness and stay with that emotion.

Anger still has it’s place, there’ll just be very little of it left.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

I believe that.

It's a troubling thing.

Were you born and raised in an Indian village?

As a matter of fact "Horse we gotch ye" is Indian Legend taken as broken English spoken by the Iroquois that "Oswegatchie" (my birth village) was named after - after a horse was rescued from rough water😁

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Trigger therapy helps.

Sometimes it takes hundreds of rounds to get right. whistle

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I read an interesting book about this very topic. The idea being that people can get into a mental/emotional/hormonal feedback loop. Something pisses you off, negative thoughts start up, the primitive brain takes over, and it sends a signal to your glands to release adrenaline and cortisol. Those hormones make chemical changes in your body, causing feedback signals back to your brain, making you more susceptible to the next thing that pisses you off.

Ever drive down the road, some jackass cuts you off, you get pissed, and an hour later you're still in a bad mood? That guy is long gone. He doesn't give a damn. But you let him steal your joy or peace for an hour. Or some kid walks down the road from the school bus and kicks the fence on the way by, causing the dog to go nuts and run around barking. 10 minutes later, the dogs still barking at nothing and the kid's long gone until you shout something at the dog and it "wakes up" and stops barking.

The guy the wrote the book said you have to figure out a way to interrupt that pattern before the loop starts. He had a few techniques. Thanks for reminding me though because I have been getting stressed easily with all the election year mayhem so now I want to dig up the book and read some again.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The big health concern, other than your sanity, is adrenal fatigue, which can cause all kinds of issues in your body.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dutch
.. Once you figure that mechanism out, it’s really quite easy to interrupt the jump to anger, so you can just feel the hurt, fear or sadness and stay with that emotion.

Acknowledging hurt and fear makes some
feel vulnerable and powerless. Folks like to
have the feeling of control so adopt anger,
ie) start banging their fists, shouting others
down and may even turn into rage and violence.
all stemming from their own weakness.

Some people would like to be rich $$$
or lose the weight they carry..

But is the person actually willing and committed
to put the work in required to achieve the results
they desire?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 1234, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 49 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,456
Posts18,529,096
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.