Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rem141r
he try to sell you a charger with no bipod?

Pics of parking lot angel, thrown in free

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Dogs hate brown people.

Not really. Ours love my wife and she browns up really nicely in the sun.

It's that Mexican genetics I think.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My ol bruiser Brutus used to love when left the front door open, with the floor fan going for fresh air, which is about three feet higher in elevation than the sidewalk.

Being an English lab he wasn't tall by American standards but the beast was long.

He got a kick out of putting his front paws over front porch railing, which made him about four feet tall at the head.

He'd be out there for hours alerting the street to anyone he didn't recognize.

He had couple dog buddies up and down the street that used to get going with each other, cause a heck of a racket but no-one snuck onto our street.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Thought this was going to be another thread about Safariman

LOL me too!
we lost one of our girls a short time ago and Rosie is so deaf we can drive into the garage and sneak into the house ,catching her asleep.
i just now realized i have a feeling of vulnerability without a good watch dog. time to start looking.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by slumlord
Dogs hate brown people.

Not really. Ours love my wife and she browns up really nicely in the sun.

It's that Mexican genetics I think.

I was gonna point out that most everyone in the neighborhood is Brown, more’n half of em got dogs. I even known some Brown people who pedal their foo foo dogs around on bicycles.

But.... this is the ‘Fire...... 🙄

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Brown folks' dogs might not like whites, just like the other way around. I suppose dogs are used to what their own pack looks like, others are outsiders to be warned against.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Asking for a light, or for the time, is an old tell that they are about to rob you. They want you to take their eyes off them and/or keep your hands occupied. Be Careful.

I figure twenty-five years of a concealed carry mindset finally paid off.

It was prob’ly obvious I was holding the j-frame. In my mind I was picturing falling back left side in back, bending and fending off with my right, while bringing the gun in my left hand across my own midsection and shooting the guy in the lower torso.

No idea if it woulda gone down like that. I’m glad I had the dog and I’m glad I had the gun.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
In my mind I was picturing falling back left side in back, bending and fending off with my right, while bringing the gun in my left hand across my own midsection and shooting the guy in the lower torso.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deerstalker

i just now realized i have a feeling of vulnerability without a good watch dog. time to start looking.

The older we get the slower we get, even if we stay in shape. Dogs buy us time, otherwise that guy, if such was his intent, coulda been inside and on me before I could hardly react.

This and another incident some time back where two sidewalk preachers when I was walking home one night walked right in on my personal space, made me realize just how fast bad things can happen.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1Longbow, 160user, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 53 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,840
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.