Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
R
Ray63 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Snowwolf... My guy says to hang on to the crypto. This is just getting started. As long as he says to keep it... I will keep it. Really makes you wonder when it takes a big dump but I have NOT lost one penny in this. I am in it to make $$$$$...lots of $$$$ and when the industry get to the point we are using bitcoin for our everyday purchaces then I will do that. Some of the schools even offer to pay for school stuff with Bitcoin because they think it will go on a big run. They will cash out at some point and maybe the kids will all get new puters or your taxes might go down. Not sure. Like I said.. I fully plan on buying SANTA a new sled for Christmas. Go look at Palm beach research. Tons of info.

Hawkeye Read the posts. You can buy stuff like precious metal. Even as long as bitcoin and the block chain has been around, it is still getting started. LOTS of stuff Going on in the crypto world. Of the first 5 investment guys I use all said 2 years ago "do not get in this" WE do not understand it and will NOT recommend it to our customers. Of those 5 people ALL are POUNDING THE TABLE trying to get people into the crypto. Ray

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Originally Posted by Ray63
On 7/27/ 2020, I posted BITCOIN had just went over $10K. In less than 1 month it is now hitting $12,200. I love being scammed and ripped off for NOT knowing what I was investing in. Ray

We all enjoy making money.
At what point would you sell? Or do you just collect?
I noticed you posted you bought at $1144. So if you passed up selling when it was $20,000 then you could of netted almost another $8000.
Just trying to understand your reasoning of your posts. Are you happy you still have it instead of selling when it hit $20000?

If I understand correctly, there are only so many bitcoin in the system. These are not a fiat currency that is routinely devalued by additional issues from the source or backer. If one sells, he may not find his way back in easily.

I know a guy who bought 20 bitcoin when they were of low value in the marketplace. His dad harangued him until he sold them for aboout what he paid.

He regained 3 bitcoin over time. and is strategically trying to grow his account, last I heard. He breaks out in a sweat thinking of the 20 he sold.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Snowwolf... My guy says to hang on to the crypto. This is just getting started. As long as he says to keep it... I will keep it. Really makes you wonder when it takes a big dump but I have NOT lost one penny in this. I am in it to make $$$$$...lots of $$$$ and when the industry get to the point we are using bitcoin for our everyday purchaces then I will do that. Some of the schools even offer to pay for school stuff with Bitcoin because they think it will go on a big run. They will cash out at some point and maybe the kids will all get new puters or your taxes might go down. Not sure. Like I said.. I fully plan on buying SANTA a new sled for Christmas. Go look at Palm beach research. Tons of info.

Hawkeye Read the posts. You can buy stuff like precious metal. Even as long as bitcoin and the block chain has been around, it is still getting started. LOTS of stuff Going on in the crypto world. Of the first 5 investment guys I use all said 2 years ago "do not get in this" WE do not understand it and will NOT recommend it to our customers. Of those 5 people ALL are POUNDING THE TABLE trying to get people into the crypto. Ray

If you bought at 1144 and could of sold at 20000 and its now around 12000 I would be kicking myself in the azz for losing 8000. Me personally, I would not be happy because it was back to 12000 when I could of sold at 20000
Some people invest to collect
Some people invest to make money. We all have our own line of thinking.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On 7/27/ 2020, I posted BITCOIN had just went over $10K. In less than 1 month it is now hitting $12,200.

22% in a little less than a month isn’t bad. Just slightly worse than if you’d bought TSLA, which is up about 28% over the same period.

Sticking with crypto, I suggested Link up above. It was about $7 on July 27 and just broke $20 today, about 186% up.

Being in all 3 is pretty comfortable.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
What can you actually do with a bitcoin?

This has been covered repeatedly, in this thread and just about every other where BTC is mentioned. Continuing to ask at this point has to be intentional trolling.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Interesting thread.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
Ray63 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I didn't lose money when it dropped from $20K. You only lose money if you sell it for less than what you paid for it. I did not get the $20K but sitting on $12 K bitcoin with a $1144 invested is fine with me... and I still have 20 alt coins coming on. I paid $50 each for 10 ether back then. It is near $400 today. Some guys buy bitcoin when it is low and when it has a jump sell it off and wait till it bottoms again and then buy back in. You do not have to buy a whole bitcoin. If I was just starting out I would put in $500 or $1K and just watch it till the end of the year. I bet you will wish you would have spent more. When Bitcoin made the $20K run, I was making $2 a minute to eat my lunch. IF you choose to sit this out you will be sorry. The next few years are going to be HUGE in the crypto/ block chain thing. Monster money will be made and then the opportunity will be gone. DO NOT BET THE FARM !! Ray PALM BEACH RESEARCH.

Last edited by Ray63; 08/17/20.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I didn't lose money when it dropped from $20K. You only lose money if you sell it for less than what you paid for it. I did not get the $20K but sitting on $12 K bitcoin with a $1144 invested is fine with me... and I still have 20 alt coins coming on. I paid $50 each for 10 ether back then. It is near $400 today. Some guys buy bitcoin when it is low and when it has a jump sell it off and wait till it bottoms again and then buy back in. You do not have to buy a whole bitcoin. If I was just starting out I would put in $500 or $1K and just watch it till the end of the year. I bet you will wish you would have spent more. When Bitcoin made the $20K run, I was making $2 a minute to eat my lunch. IF you choose to sit this out you will be sorry. The next few years are going to be HUGE in the crypto/ block chain thing. Monster money will be made and then the opportunity will be gone. DO NOT BET THE FARM !! Ray PALM BEACH RESEARCH.

Ray, with bitcoin can you issue a stop/sell at a certain price to protect on the downside?

Conversely, can you do the same and purchase at pre set low value?

Hey, you’ve done well. Keep us posted.

R
Ray63 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
hey toot ! I am thinking I have seen that option but I have not used it. I keep my money in my control of when I spend it But that would be a way of protecting your money. I will try to remember to look into that and get back to you. Something new is ROYALTY on crypto. I have my investment $$ spent and pretty much where I THINK I want it but if I had the cash I would be looking to this hard. Ray

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
hey toot ! I am thinking I have seen that option but I have not used it. I keep my money in my control of when I spend it But that would be a way of protecting your money. I will try to remember to look into that and get back to you. Something new is ROYALTY on crypto. I have my investment $$ spent and pretty much where I THINK I want it but if I had the cash I would be looking to this hard. Ray

Thanks, Ray.

I’ll be following this thread.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Ray, with bitcoin can you issue a stop/sell at a certain price to protect on the downside?

Conversely, can you do the same and purchase at pre set low value?

Yes to all that.

R
Ray63 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
THANKS STICKFIGHT.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Learned this week that many investors are comparing bitcoin to gold. Many investors are using bitcoin to protect their wealth from the U.S. dollar. Proponents say bitcoin cannot be manipulated by the fed or central banks. Monetary sovereignty is an objective. I considered it a mlm or pyramid scheme. I'm going in for a closer look. Thanks Ray.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
For those in the know, is there other crypto/blockchain currencies that are worth looking at as possible contenders?

R
Ray63 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
XX... for sure other coins will be huge but make sure you either do the home work your self or pay someone that deals in this info. Like I said in another post, alot of the investment guys were NOT in love with the cryptos 2 years ago and NOW they are all experts and are pounding the table on buying them. Palmbeachresearch is huge in the crypto market and I use them and trust them. Teeka Tiwari knows this game inside and out. Just got another recommendation from them yesterday. They do the research and you have to read all the info to decide if you want to buy that coin. Buying and selling is all on you but if they see a problem with a coin they email you and tell you to sell it. Had one a while back that went to %100 and they said to sell it all. I did. 3 weeks later they said to buy back in and the price was even lower that I had paid the first time. I am at 100 % on this coin 3 times and counting. JUST BE CAREFULL ! When I first got in to crypto, there was like 400 different coins. Now there are like 4000 different and MOST of them are scams. Ray

Last edited by Ray63; 08/24/20.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The crypto industry is about to explode with new growth and financial products world wide. Rumer is one of the major stock exchanges

Did not find anything on "RUMER"...? Link?

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
R
Ray63 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
just watched a 22 minute from my crypto advisor. His is sick and tired of people that don't know [bleep] about the cryptos talking [bleep] about the cryptos. Read thru all this again. Buy Bitcoin and etherium now or cry when you missed it. It will all come down to the block chain running the money show. The Gvt already has FEDCOIN ready to go. Ray

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i know all about it ask me anything

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

R
Ray63 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Bitcoin just broke $14 K. IF Bitcoin is a scam then PAYPAL just got scammed. They open up a deal so you can buy, sell, trade crypto and you can buy stuff off of there also. Another $4K in profit in about 3 months. Scam me some more. Ray

Last edited by Ray63; 11/04/20.
R
Ray63 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
HMMMM... $15,500

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

211 members (14idaho, 16penny, 308xray, 2ndwind, 35WhelenNut, 32 invisible), 1,874 guests, and 1,075 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,626
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.