Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by plainsman456
How does it shoot?

I've only had it a couple of days. Just ordered a Holosun HE530G Elite Red Dot for it. Should be here in a week and comes with a side order of Kung Flu. I was going back and forth between it and an Eotech and decided to go with the Holosun because of battery life, the shake awake feature, and dual reticles. Had a green dot in my cart, but talked myself out of it last minute.

Here's some propaganda:

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Just picked this up from the FFL. Full factory Sons of Liberty Gunworks rifle with the exception of the BCM A-15 rail and forward grip. SOLGW Angry Patriot lower, BCG, .223 Wylde 16" match grade 1-8" stainless QPQ finished barrel w/mid-length gas, Nox Deadair Sandman muzzle device, SOLGW/Raptor charging handle, Larue MBT trigger, B5 Bravo stock and grip, A5 buffer, Magpul Pro BUIS. Solid build and less rattle than my Noveske Rogue Hunter. Now I need to figure out what optic to put on it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Nice rifle.

You might figure out how to engage the safety before worrying about optics. grin

Just busting balls a bit but ARs should have the safety on safe unless the sight are on a target.

So you keep your ARs cocked when not in use? I know springs die from use not being loaded. But I"m old. Drop the hammer on empty chamber. Hard to put the safety on.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Looks great. However, Im surprised they used a keymod rail. Seems like everyone is switching to mlok..

If you could read instead of typing just to hear yourself talk youd've seen where I said it was factory WITH THE EXCEPTION OF the rail and forward grip. I bought it "used" and the seller swapped out the rail. I actually like that BCM rail and it'll do everything I need it to do, and I saved about $500.00 over buying a "new" rifle (can't even get half of the stuff listed right now). Take a look at the shell deflector and bolt and tell me how many rounds you think have been fired through it.

Looking at a shell deflector and bolt doesn't tell a god damned thing about how many times its been fired. I have some with thousands of rounds on them and they still look good. Try again dumb fu ck. Scared to post targets too I bet..

Some are worried about looks. Some keep guns cleaner than others. Some parts matter. Some don/t. A hogue tube is all you need for free float...but we can use what WE wa

As to the constant shoot the challenge or you or your gun ain't [bleep]... thats already pretty old. I agree that larger groups mean more but its so damn simple, not everyone is after what you are after .

Been a long week and day but constant you aren't playing my game is getting old. And the foul language, there are enough azzholes as it is. Guess we have more now.

No wonder I don't miss the campfire the days I don't have access.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting trigger and guard.

Have you used it with the flip sights?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Nice rifle.

You might figure out how to engage the safety before worrying about optics. grin

Just busting balls a bit but ARs should have the safety on safe unless the sight are on a target.

So you keep your ARs cocked when not in use? I know springs die from use not being loaded. But I"m old. Drop the hammer on empty chamber. Hard to put the safety on.

Springs die from cycles.

Dropping the hammer not only induces the chance of a discharge but also adds another spring cycle.

Getting in the habit of not pulling the trigger unless you want a loud noise is a good habit and ARs with the safety engaged are without question safer than ARs without the safety engaged.

It's proven science. wink

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
consistency and anyone with a brain looks in the chamber before they drop the hammer on any weapon, proven science is that doing the same thing all the time keeps you from screwing up. If you store your guns with the safety on, no round in the chamber, then always do the same, if you store your guns with the hammer down safety off then always do the same. If you pick up a rifle with the safety on or off, check the chamber before handling it any further, a lot of dumbasses have AD's because they keep the safety on, pull the trigger to drop the hammer and don't remember if the gun had a round in the chamber or not. springs are cheap, and check the chamber.....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nice rifle. I actually like the keymod better. I put an American Defense Recon mount for a 1-6x on a similar rifle and really like it if you will be looking for a QD mount. It's solid, and quite repeatable IME so far.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
How does it shoot?

I've only had it a couple of days. Just ordered a Holosun HE530G Elite Red Dot for it. Should be here in a week and comes with a side order of Kung Flu. I was going back and forth between it and an Eotech and decided to go with the Holosun because of battery life, the shake awake feature, and dual reticles. Had a green dot in my cart, but talked myself out of it last minute.

Here's some propaganda:

Here’s some non- propoganda. Xi Jinping, you know, that ChiCom bastid , Is a mass murderer. No arguement. Intentionally released biological warfare agent(s) on the US and on the world to kill millions of other human beings. In doing so attacked the last free nation on earth, assaulted a free society, a free economy and attacked,heavy handedly the God given right of a free people to freely elect leaders of its own choice.

So what do you do? Buy Communist Chinese products. Keep them in business. Every penny you send to the PRC helps keep them afloat, keeps them in business, keeps them in motion to dominate world politics and the world economy. You’re no better that them. You’re a sell out. Screw all of you. If you’re buying ChiCom KNOWINGLY with other options at hand having a lesser positive to the ChiCom bottom line then you are ChiCom. Squint a little. Justify Xi Jinping all you can stomach then puke a little and justify some more. He is a mass murderer and should die for his crimes.

Buy PRC. Support a mass murderer. Support Joe Biden’s bribes. Sonny boy needs the meth.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I for one am more impressed with what a shooter or gun can do standing on his own hind feet or with a tight sling than from the bench...but that's just me.

In this instance, I'm more interested in what the rifle can do. The stupidest thing "gun people" do on youtube is shot offhand groups for equipment reviews.

That tells me exactly zero about the capabilities of the gun.

This thread is almost a year old. He doesn't shoot much, but does have a nice rifle. I was wanting to see how the rifle performed as well. My guess is it shoots like chidt or he doesn't shoot much at all, or he's still trying to get that chinese pos red dot to work? The reason I originally asked to see some groups is because we hear a lot about how good SOLGW is, but no one posts groups of said rifles performance. What interested me about this rifle was he stated it has a "match grade" barrel. I could care less how it shoots from someone standing on their hind legs. That tells me nothing. At the time I was searching for a "better/best" AR15 and decided to go with BCM. I'm still interested in SOLGW because they have a stellar reputation. Maybe someone else here isn't scared to post some groups with theirs, since the op doesn't seem to shoot. I see he knows how to post pics, so that isn't the problem?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Yeah, I'll be sure to do that, know-it-all

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shootem
How does it shoot?

Here's some propaganda:

Here’s some non- propoganda. Xi Jinping, you know, that ChiCom bastid , Is a mass murderer. No arguement. Intentionally released biological warfare agent(s) on the US and on the world to kill millions of other human beings. In doing so attacked the last free nation on earth, assaulted a free society, a free economy and attacked,heavy handedly the God given right of a free people to freely elect leaders of its own choice.

So what do you do? Buy Communist Chinese products. Keep them in business. Every penny you send to the PRC helps keep them afloat, keeps them in business, keeps them in motion to dominate world politics and the world economy. You’re no better that them. You’re a sell out. Screw all of you. If you’re buying ChiCom KNOWINGLY with other options at hand having a lesser positive to the ChiCom bottom line then you are ChiCom. Squint a little. Justify Xi Jinping all you can stomach then puke a little and justify some more. He is a mass murderer and should die for his crimes.

Buy PRC. Support a mass murderer. Support Joe Biden’s bribes. Sonny boy needs the meth.

But hey, shut up. He's saving $20 on thr Horrosun.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 12344mag, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,328 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,678
Posts18,493,839
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.