Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Who to vote for tomorrow?

Gillham had a residency problem on the PFD by way of outside hunting license or something like that.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender

Gillham had a residency problem on the PFD by way of outside hunting license or something like that.

Uh oh another joe miller scandal..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ok I found it, it happened in 1989. The Micciche campaign ran this ad 2 yrs ago. So yeah almost 30yrs ago this happened.. Just vote for Gillham

This is paid for by the District 30 Republican Party, Neil DuPerron, chair 204 Lawton Drive number 3, Kenai. Ron Gillham, District O write-in candidate, claims to be your PFD protector. Really? Are you sure? Here’s some facts: in 1989, Ron Gillham lied on his resident hunting license application. Later that year, Gillham killed a moose and a black bear while pretending to be an Alaska resident. In 1990, Ron lied again on his resident hunting license application, and later that year, he killed a Dall sheep and a caribou while pretending to be an Alaska resident again. Ron Gillham was convicted for taking big game while claiming to be an Alaska resident. In court, Ron admitted he knew he wasn’t a resident, but he applied for a resident hunting license. And to top it all off, in 1991 Gillham applied for a dividend. PFD protector? I don’t think so. How can Ron Gillham get a PFD when he can’t qualify for a resident hunting license?

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
So he's a liar, poacher and thief?

I just don't know what to believe sometimes.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So he's a liar, poacher and thief?

I just don't know what to believe sometimes.

Ok vote for Gary.

Last edited by 79S; 08/17/20.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Yes i was, by comparison. But, its not about me.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes i was, by comparison. But, its not about me.

I changed it I was being a cyber bully. So just vote for Gary

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
3 weeks ago, the focus was to get knopp removed. More complex situation now.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our representatives Nueman has been MIA and looks like he might lose to McCabe. I’m voting for McCabe because I met nueman and he’s 100% politician. Also he didn’t support David Eastman probably one of the most conservative members of the house. I don’t see Eastman losing to his challenger people in his district love him. He’s in probably the most conservative district in the Valkey.

Last edited by 79S; 08/17/20.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
At some point ADS-B in and out is going to be mandatory for all planes. Even then it won't eliminate mid airs, but it will certainly help.

It was mandatory 1 January 2020 for class A and within 30 miles of class B and C airspace (Airspace diagram)

Given the proximity to Anchorage Class C I can't imagine they didn't have at least the "out" portion. But you still have to have to use it and still must keep your eyes out of the cockpit. I fly with it via Stratus receiver linked to the iPad and linked to my headset and my clubs planes also have it built into their Garmin EFIs and given the traffic on the east coast it's one of the best things you can spend money on for safety IMO.

Even at 3 am your time this am there is low altitude traffic around Anchorage!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Hot off the AP wire:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/ntsb-lawmaker-plane-crash-flew-204624896.html

"An Alaska state lawmaker who was involved in a July midair collision that killed seven people was piloting his plane even though his medical flight certification was denied eight years ago because of vision problems, a federal agency reported Tuesday"

May not have been the #1 factor in the collision, but certainly could have been a contributing factor. Pilot error is prolly the # 1 factor.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
There are about two dozen. Midair accidents a year in the USA . One needs to look out the window and in some places the traffic can be down right scary. I have never been a fan of Aspen CO where you are cleared for takeoff coming into to land straight at you as you take off and it's not unusual to pass traffic inside 1/2 a mile and never see them.
Not Fun.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Hot off the AP wire:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/ntsb-lawmaker-plane-crash-flew-204624896.html

"An Alaska state lawmaker who was involved in a July midair collision that killed seven people was piloting his plane even though his medical flight certification was denied eight years ago because of vision problems, a federal agency reported Tuesday"

May not have been the #1 factor in the collision, but certainly could have been a contributing factor. Pilot error is prolly the # 1 factor.

Isn't that special! Leaves the Rs to caucus with Ds and screw all Alaskans. I bet the families of the other victims get to sue big time...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Flying in violation of FAA rules may void any inurance.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Flying in violation of FAA rules may void any inurance.

I cannot imagine an insurance company not doing due diligence and checking on his license at least once in 8 years...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Rep. Gary Knopp, who died in a midair collision on July 31 some 2.5 miles from the Soldotna Airport, had been denied medical certification eight years earlier in June 2012 by the Alaska Regional Flight Surgeon due to unacceptable vision issues. The denial was appealed and sustained in July 2012.

Why the late lawmaker’s vision was not corrected with glasses is not known, but certainly will be a line of investigation for the National Transportation Safety Board, which is trying to piece together the events that led to the crash.

Not having a medical certification could have something or nothing to do with the accident, but it’s like driving a car without a valid license.

The midair collision led to the death of seven people, including Knopp, who was piloting his own Piper PA-12, which struck a de Havilland DHC-2 (Beaver) airplane, with six souls aboard.

The DHC-2 was operated as an on-demand charter flight. The PA-12 was operated as personal aircraft.

According to the NTSB report, the float-equipped DHC-2, operated by High Adventure Charter, departed Longmere Lake in Soldotna, bound for a remote lake on the west side of Cook Inlet. The purpose of the flight was to transport the passengers to a remote fishing location.

Knopp’s plane departed Soldotna Airport, bound for Fairbanks. Knopp was flying in an “experimental airplane,” as rated by the FAA and was not subject to stringent FAA standards.

Knopp’s plane’s N number was not valid, however. The word “EXPIEREMENTAL” was applied to the inside of the lower clam shell door, an FAA requirement so passengers on such planes know that they are experimental.

A search of the FAA registration database revealed that the registration number had been reserved by Knopp but was not a valid registration. His registration number on the aircraft was for twin engine aircraft, but the PA-12 he was flying was a single engine.

The entire report is at this link.

From MRAK

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Rep. Gary Knopp, who died in a midair collision on July 31 some 2.5 miles from the Soldotna Airport, had been denied medical certification eight years earlier in June 2012 by the Alaska Regional Flight Surgeon due to unacceptable vision issues. The denial was appealed and sustained in July 2012.

Why the late lawmaker’s vision was not corrected with glasses is not known, but certainly will be a line of investigation for the National Transportation Safety Board, which is trying to piece together the events that led to the crash.

Not having a medical certification could have something or nothing to do with the accident, but it’s like driving a car without a valid license.

The midair collision led to the death of seven people, including Knopp, who was piloting his own Piper PA-12, which struck a de Havilland DHC-2 (Beaver) airplane, with six souls aboard.

The DHC-2 was operated as an on-demand charter flight. The PA-12 was operated as personal aircraft.

According to the NTSB report, the float-equipped DHC-2, operated by High Adventure Charter, departed Longmere Lake in Soldotna, bound for a remote lake on the west side of Cook Inlet. The purpose of the flight was to transport the passengers to a remote fishing location.

Knopp’s plane departed Soldotna Airport, bound for Fairbanks. Knopp was flying in an “experimental airplane,” as rated by the FAA and was not subject to stringent FAA standards.

Knopp’s plane’s N number was not valid, however. The word “EXPIEREMENTAL” was applied to the inside of the lower clam shell door, an FAA requirement so passengers on such planes know that they are experimental.

A search of the FAA registration database revealed that the registration number had been reserved by Knopp but was not a valid registration. His registration number on the aircraft was for twin engine aircraft, but the PA-12 he was flying was a single engine.

The entire report is at this link.

From MRAK

Not really surprised. Could get interesting.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
The term "Fast and loose" comes to mind.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I am surprised at the comments on MRAK. Calling Suzanne evil for reporting the facts. Folks seem to get pretty sensitive when their favorites are involved, even when clearly wrong.

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Flying IFR? I Follow Road. If i can see it....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1234, 007FJ, 1936M71, 160user, 17CalFan, 12savage, 59 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,685
Posts18,475,071
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.