Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I believe that scopes were an extremely small part of the Nikon business.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My first ever 30mm tube is a Nikon M-tactical MRAD 3x12x42 I picked up last spring on closeout.

Gonna use it early and often to see how it performs in the field next month.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mkopmani
I have three X1000 6-24x X 50mm MOA scopes with illuminated reticle, love them. I had bought the first before they announced, the other two afterwards. All from Cabelas. Can't find a scope this good for this price range, quality piece. I'd but a 4th one and set it on the shelf if I could find one, but have not been able to locate one, just the MRAD which I don't want. Nikon will still support warranty and service, just getting out of market as I understand it, investment vs return.

Not a money move... it is virtue signaling.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
I have three X1000 6-24x X 50mm MOA scopes with illuminated reticle, love them. I had bought the first before they announced, the other two afterwards. All from Cabelas. Can't find a scope this good for this price range, quality piece. I'd but a 4th one and set it on the shelf if I could find one, but have not been able to locate one, just the MRAD which I don't want. Nikon will still support warranty and service, just getting out of market as I understand it, investment vs return.

It may well be virtue signaling, but it is calculated to increase sales and profits by appealing to a certain segment of consumers.

I hope they are wrong.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Paul39

It may well be virtue signaling, but it is calculated to increase sales and profits by appealing to a certain segment of consumers.

I hope they are wrong.

Paul

sorry, I cannot agree. Conflating blood sports and cameras is a net-loss issue. Anyone likely to hinge a camera buying decision on an unrelated issue is more likely to have already investigated the companies. And camera sales are weak with all the cell phones out there...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
That may well be true. If it is, it's a bizarre business philosophy.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That may well be true. If it is, it's a bizarre business philosophy.

I agree completely...

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Their binocular business is large.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

I hope they are wrong.

Paul

sorry, I cannot agree. Conflating blood sports and cameras is a net-loss issue. Anyone likely to hinge a camera buying decision on an unrelated issue is more likely to have already investigated the companies. And camera sales are weak with all the cell phones out there...

It is not really virtue signaling, per se. They were losing money with riflescopes because the competition got better and they didn't. They are also losing money with cameras, but that's a core business that they are loathe to give up. They may have to eventually, but not yet.

They always hated everything to do with guns, but riflescope was where they could get some profit with minimal investment: they did not manufacture or design any of their own scopes for quite a long time, so they just slapped their name on stock OEM products and marketed them. Many other people do the same thing, but Nikon had too much overhead to survive.

ILya

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have one Nikon Bushmaster on top of a 22-250. Certainly not the worst glass I own and I've taken game with it. Some might say don't fix what isn't broken but the reticle has no subtensions and of late I really like Mils or Moa subs for quick shots.

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
The whole country is anti gun. I don't know how they get away with making and selling fire arms.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (160user, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 49 invisible), 2,546 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,444
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.