-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shot a nice doe right after pissing from my stand last year.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had the bubble guts couple seasons ago on a morning hunt.

Didn’t make it much outta sight of my stand before the code red hit.

Pro tip - keep baby wipes in your backpack.

Saw deer later that morn.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I am sure a hunter can piss and chit all around his stand and still kill deer but I am a trophy whitetail hunter. hunting an old whitetail buck on public land ain't for everybody as they are a different animal than your average hunting lease/ private land 2yr old 8 point, I am a scent Nazi when it comes to my body, clothes and equipment so I am most certainly in the no pissing out of your stand camp...but to each his own...Good hunting ...Hb

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
When I was hunting in Saskatchewan two years ago, we had a hunter having a tough time seeing deer, he actually didn't kill a buck. I think he was the only hunter for the week to go home empty handed. When the guide checked the stand at the end of the week, the hunter had been peeing out of the stand all week. Several guys had done this around the cabin, not even going into the woods a few steps, like 3-5 yards away. I could smell the ammonia smell around the cabin easily. Dumb par is the cabin has plumbing, no reason for this but laziness. Point is, I wonder if once or twice may not cause a problem, especially over the course of a week where the urine doen't build up a strong ammonia smell. But repeated urinating, every day for several days, probably does have a negative effect. For me, on a guided hunt especially with big money invested, I'll carry my urine out and deal with the hassle.

shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm cool with the folks that want to carry it out. I was that way for the first 25 years or so. Although I have to say even my "My First Deer" story starts with "I'd just gotten up and taken a leak when. . ." I'd also be the first to say that big bucks in big woods can be really finicky. Our bruisers are so used to humans, that it is quite common to see them feeding up close to the house during Happy Hour. I've found them bedded next to stands in the off-season.

Let's get back to the experiment. I'm wanting to test the hypothesis that deer are attracted to the sound of a stream of liquid hitting the ground. My point in raising the question is that I and a lot of others have had the experience of seeing deer right after taking a whizz. Is it the sound? Is it the scent? You've got 20 minutes left on a 5-hour sit. You've not seen even a squirrel all morning. What's it going to hurt? Mind you, I'm just talking clear water. I've tried it. I have to say the results are less than spectacular. I'd say 50/50 at best. Actually whizzing off the stand has produced far more deer sightings. YMMV.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Shot a nice doe right after pissing from my stand last year.

What the hell was she doing way up there to begin with?

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Don’t pee into a stiff wind.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Hang a funnel with a piece of garden hose going to the ground

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Don't squat with your spurs on!

Texas bred and born
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Originally Posted by hanco

I use a plastic urinal from the hospital or a plastic coke bottle with a cap.

Last edited by brush_buster; 07/30/20.

Texas bred and born
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was whizzing out of my stand one morning when 5 does suddenly appeared, yep, below me.

I had to turn the spigot off, not an easy thing to do. One looked up, then they all did.

It's embarrassing when they point, whisper, and giggle.......

shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

I did something similar in our ground blinds. SuperCore liked it so much I added one to the second floor of deer camp, so he wouldn't have to come downstairs in the middle of the night.

Deer Funnels

[Linked Image from genesis9.angzva.com]

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have pissed out of a ground blind a couple times during one hunt and shot deer at 15-20 feet before with a bow. That's not a story I heard at deer camp or happened to a cousins best friend.

“Lighten up Francis”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, picture the senecio... You are on the north side of retirement age, the pecker pump isn’t what it use to be, you have been in your tree stand four hours in freezing temperatures and there is some shrinkage going on. You have four layers of underwear, long underwear, wool pants and camo pants on. And now you want me to do what exactly? Even if it does make it to the ground you need to climb back down through that. Might be better to meet the lower unit half way with container of sorts. Just sayin.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
LOL, an older friend of mine (now passed) used to tell about almost being run over by a buck while he was taking a leak. He was on the ground of course.

One of the most successful deer hunters I've ever known said he whizzed from his stand all of the time.

Where I hunt most deer are shot at 75 to 150 yards, we don't worry about it. 'Course we're usually on a knoll or ridge 40 or 50 feet above them.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been a bowhunter 95% of the time for the last 42 years. I target whitetail bucks 3.5 years and older.

Trust me.........they don't care.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Took a piss, ate a sammich, lit a cig and 3 minutes later while still smoking stuck a 9 pt. No worries.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I just let it fly> never a problem.....

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by fuzzytail
I just let it fly> never a problem.....

I completely agree! I refuse to carry bottles of urine around with me. Nope, not happening.

The deer do not care.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by shaman

I did something similar in our ground blinds. SuperCore liked it so much I added one to the second floor of deer camp, so he wouldn't have to come downstairs in the middle of the night.

Deer Funnels

[Linked Image from genesis9.angzva.com]

Genius I say! Well done sir.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 14 invisible), 1,389 guests, and 915 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,866
Posts18,478,673
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.