Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
https://kstp.com/minnesota-news/min...crease-in-carjacking-robberies-/5809314/

Minneapolis police on Tuesday reported a recent increase in robberies and carjackings in the Third and Fifth Precinct areas.

According to police, suspects are targeting cellphones, purses and vehicles. Some victims have been maced, dragged, assaulted and some threatened with a gun, police said.

The department said most of the incidents have occurred north of 42nd Street E.

In July alone, 100 robberies and 20 carjackings have been reported to Third Precinct police.

The precinct said downtown and southwest Minneapolis have also seen an increase.

Below are some tips offered by police to prevent robberies:

Don't walk alone;
Be hyper-aware of your surroundings at all times, don't be distracted;
Carry only items you need and carry less cash;
Be prepared to give up your cellphone and purse or wallet;
Have your keys already in your hand as you approach your vehicle;
Don't fight with criminal, remember your safety is most important;
Be a good witness, be prepared to tell police how many suspects, what age, height, complexion, hair and eye color and any other descriptive features, as well as any weapons they had, what they left in and what direction they went.
Below are some tips offered by police to prevent robberies:

Lock your doors while driving;
Don't stop for strangers approaching you;
Park in well-lit areas;
Always be hyper-aware of your surroundings;
Use a tracking device;
Never leave valuable items in your vehicle;
Never leave your vehicle running while unattended;
Memorize your license plate number to help police find it faster.
The Third Precinct is the city's largest precinct geographically, and covers from Interstate 35W to the Mississippi River and I-94 to 62nd Street. The Fifth Precinct area is bounded by I-35W on the east, I-94 on the north and the city limits on the west and south.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damned Scandinavians at it again

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Woodsy Owl says "WHOOOOOOOO- - - - - - -CARES?!" Sending all the skinny groids in the neighborhood back to Somalia with their skank congress-critter leading the pack would be a good beginning! I'd suggest sending them back on a oil tanker so maybe some of their cousins can hijack it and hold it for ransom.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Draw a deep breath and exhale about half of it. Then hold your breath as you squeeze the trigger.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
"....Be a good witness, be prepared to tell police how many suspects, what age, height, complexion, hair and eye color..."

But don't bother with race, the police already know.....sarc

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
"The department said most of the incidents have occurred north of 42nd Street E."

I don't know the area but I would bet that statement carries some significance..........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
No schitt? Did the local weatherman also warn of hot weather this summer?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1minute
Damned Scandinavians at it again

My First Though As Well!!!

I tend to use more than enough gun
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Best be packing

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I’d like to see their thoughts on how to respond to a violent rapist......

“Shut up and tolerate it” is great for all those old white middle-class taxpayers who are getting mugged and beaten. They don’t have the guts to tell the young female Democrat voters to “shut up and give them what they want”, when it comes to rapists, though. Maybe the “social workers” will be able to prevent possible rapes, in the absence of a functioning police force???

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Who cares! The Somalians are just trying to give it that homey feel!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
This is exactly what South Africa has been going through for years now I guess this is where we are headed in our big cities.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All I got to say
BFD or TFB for them

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
"....Be a good witness, be prepared to tell police how many suspects, what age, height, complexion, hair and eye color..."

........how many rounds you put downrange, how many suspects you hit, how many got away......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
When you move Africans to the Midwest, you turn the Midwest into Africa.

Anyone with a brain can look at Sub-Saharan Africa and see what it's like: warlords and rape gangs, rampant violence and poverty, and not a single building over one-story, unless whites show up and build it. That's the reality, and that's the destiny for towns like Minneapolis.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by 12344mag
"The department said most of the incidents have occurred north of 42nd Street E."

I don't know the area but I would bet that statement carries some significance..........

That is the southern boundary of the worst but the best bet is to stay south of E 50th street, particularly at night. I have a buddy who lives on E44th and it has actually gotten better than when I first met him. I still wouldn't wonder around at night but the day was pretty safe.

Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Woodsy Owl says "WHOOOOOOOO- - - - - - -CARES?!" Sending all the skinny groids in the neighborhood back to Somalia with their skank congress-critter leading the pack would be a good beginning! I'd suggest sending them back on a oil tanker so maybe some of their cousins can hijack it and hold it for ransom.

Actually, the problem in that area is not the Somalis. Few live in the Third Precinct, most live a bit further north in a different part of the city. That area, as well as North Minneapolis, has long been an area to avoid if one wishes to avoid trouble.

The city council has taken over the public relations function of the police department which greatly limits the department's ability to communicate directly with the public. This letter is about the only subtle/not so subtle message the chief could distribute. And by the reaction I've heard so far, it will probably be the last message he will be allowed to give direct to the public. With the local major media in the pocket of the clowncil, he won't be able to go around them either.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
When you move Africans to the Midwest, you turn the Midwest into Africa.

Anyone with a brain can look at Sub-Saharan Africa and see what it's like: warlords and rape gangs, rampant violence and poverty, and not a single building over one-story, unless whites show up and build it. That's the reality, and that's the destiny for towns like Minneapolis.

I believe you won the interwebz today !

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fox News just revealed a shocking statistic- violent crimes are up in all major cities.

#DefundPolice

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Where are those darn Social Workers when you need one!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (160user, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 56 invisible), 2,546 guests, and 1,392 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,690
Posts18,475,125
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.