J
Ring a ding ding.

I am MAGA.
GB1

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Put them shickens out there it was like a dinner bell for sure.

Just glad we don't have coastal brownies around here.

I'd have to buy a bigger pistola.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
That fox musta been as dumb as the ones tryin to get in my chicken pen. I was on the tractor and had mowed the front yard which takes about a half hour. Came around the side of house and saw the red pacing the perimeter of the chicken pen. Stopped the tractor about 20 yds from it and drew my 3" Sp101 357 and dropped it with a 140 gr xpb to the base of the neck. Second one i dropped from the tractor this year trying to get at the chickens in broad daylight. Killed another one the other morning that was caught in a box trap baited with cantaloupe intended for the groundhog thats tryin to get into the garden enclosure.

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Must be something about that chicken crack. Like free beer to an alky, or a fix to a junkie. Or a turbocharger to a motorhead!

Just gotta have it.

Weird you're getting two in broad daylight.

Not surprised about the cantaloupe though. Coyotes used to eat mine right as they were getting ready to pick. Wish I could have shot a coupla them.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Nice looking fox!

Friend lost 8 chickens in one night last week, not sure what it was, maybe dogs as all gone.

One time staying there walked out into back yard and a fox in backyard. Takes a bit of time to get rifle out of safe, Ammo out of locked container etc. had a shot at him but couldn’t find him in the grass, he was on his way when I could finally get to shoot at him. Our bloody gun laws...... another time got one of two dogs that had a fair bit of dingo in them, about a hundred yards from the house at about eight in the morning!

Last edited by rockdoc; 08/04/20.
IC B2

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockdoc
Nice looking fox!

Friend lost 8 chickens in one night last week, not sure what it was, maybe dogs as all gone.

One time staying there walked out into back yard and a fox in backyard. Takes a bit of time to get rifle out of safe, Ammo out of locked container etc. had a shot at him but couldn’t find him in the grass, he was on his way when I could finally get to shoot at him. Our bloody gun laws...... another time got one of two dogs that had a fair bit of dingo in them, about a hundred yards from the house at about eight in the morning!

Our California laws aren't far behind. But at least I can carry a pistol, which is why mine was accessible that night. Stays in the pants I wear out, but I was already in my house clothes. If I lean a rifle/shotgun up behind the door, I have to remember to lock it in the box whenever we leave. If the bad guy gets it and uses it, I'm likely liable even thought it was stolen in a breaking and entering case.

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Craigster
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Kill a Kangaroo Rat around here and you will get more time than if you killed a person.

S, S, S.

Biggest problem here is with new construction. Get one inspector on sight and you are fuqed.

Sean
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
When I was in high school I worked summers on BIL farm. My buddy Keith Cooper was working at BIL brother's farm next door, so to speak.

One night a skunk got in the hen house, and Keith's boss got him up ( with Kieth's new .22 SA rifle), and they went out to get that skunk. Keith got it too.

And about a dozen chickens.

They were both in the dog house with the old lady....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
The only better one I have involved one of Keith's classmates- Don P. Both were a year behind me in school.
Several years after Don graduated from HS, he was home visiting. His folks were off somewhere when a big flock of snow geese landed in a stubble field well beyond shotgun range of any cover.

Don found his .222 and a couple shells and crawled the fence line to as close as he could get. Knowing he would only get one shot, he picked out the biggest clump of white, figuring on getting 2 or more. and touched 'er off.

Never touched a feather.

Killed his old man's white pig dead.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (Algotguns, Akhutr, Anaconda, 35, 33sixSS, 7 invisible), 1,436 guests, and 902 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,414
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.