Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I've never been in the least bit tempted to send my DNA to a corporation.

How about you? wink

Blackstone has agreed to buy a majority stake in Ancestry.com, the genealogy website known for tracing family history, in a deal valued at $4.7bn including debt.

The private equity group will receive a close to 75 per cent stake in the company, according to a person briefed on the matter, in the first big purchase for Blackstone’s latest buyout fund.

“We believe Ancestry has significant runway for further growth as people of all ages and backgrounds become increasingly interested in learning more about their family histories and themselves,” David Kestnbaum, a senior managing director at Blackstone, said in a statement announcing the deal on Wednesday.

The family history group also offers DNA testing and has branched out into genomics in recent years, with the company last month saying that its scientists had identified a DNA link that could explain why coronavirus “seems to take a greater toll on men than women”.

This month it launched a screening service designed to test individuals’ risk of developing inheritable health conditions such as heart disease, breast cancer and colon cancer.

The company’s rival in consumer DNA testing 23andMe has teamed up with UK drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline to identify potential drug candidates and the companies plan to launch a clinical trial later this year.

https://www.ft.com/content/b84613e4-8751-45e6-94ff-a014de6e4c0d

I've learned years ago from the assistant researcher to the genius who invented the gene gun that the DNA was patentable. His lead researcher invented this gene gun and sold it to big agri... Monsanto if I remember.
He then put his trust in Christ as his Savior. Afterwards, he renounced his work and invention as evil.

Fast forward. Governments of major nations are now aquiring dna for economic and weapons development.
This is true foremost of DARPA.

Right now, the hospitals have been collecting blood from all babies and getting profit with no parental consent by selling the ampules of blood/dna.

Now, some idiot who is intellectually lazy will try to neutralize every fact with two or three words.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

How about you? wink

Blackstone has agreed to buy a majority stake in Ancestry.com, the genealogy website known for tracing family history, in a deal valued at $4.7bn including debt.

The private equity group will receive a close to 75 per cent stake in the company, according to a person briefed on the matter, in the first big purchase for Blackstone’s latest buyout fund.

“We believe Ancestry has significant runway for further growth as people of all ages and backgrounds become increasingly interested in learning more about their family histories and themselves,” David Kestnbaum, a senior managing director at Blackstone, said in a statement announcing the deal on Wednesday.

The family history group also offers DNA testing and has branched out into genomics in recent years, with the company last month saying that its scientists had identified a DNA link that could explain why coronavirus “seems to take a greater toll on men than women”.

This month it launched a screening service designed to test individuals’ risk of developing inheritable health conditions such as heart disease, breast cancer and colon cancer.

The company’s rival in consumer DNA testing 23andMe has teamed up with UK drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline to identify potential drug candidates and the companies plan to launch a clinical trial later this year.

I've learned years ago from the assistant researcher to the genius who invented the gene gun that the DNA was patentable. His lead researcher invented this gene gun and sold it to big agri... Monsanto if I remember.
He then put his trust in Christ as his Savior. Afterwards, he renounced his work and invention as evil.

Fast forward. Governments of major nations are now aquiring dna for economic and weapons development.

Right now, the hospitals have been collecting blood from all babies and getting profit with no parental consent by selling the ampules of blood/dna.

Now, some idiot who is intellectually lazy will try to neutralize every fact with two or three words.....

I'll use three.

You're
An
Idiot

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

How about you? wink

I'll use three.

You're
An
Idiot

You proved my point sooner than I thought.

Now go back to the bar and have another beer.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My wife is really into genealogy and so we sent in ours to see if there were any surprises. No surprises as to where we come from, but my wife and I were able to connect with and meet 2nd cousins that we hadn't met before and exchange family info/stories. That was fun and informative. One of my wife's 1st cousins submitted her DNA sample and leaned she had a 1/2 brother in Iceland where her father was stationed in the Air Corps in WWII. She and her brother eventually met him. So, there can be some positives. With facial recognition, internet monitoring, toll road transponders, cameras everywhere, license plate readers, cell phone records etc. etc.etc there is no such thing as privacy. However, I can understand some not wanting to submit their DNA, especially if you've committed a felony with no statute of limitations.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Trump is my 12th cousin once removed, the common ancestor we share is Colin Cam Mackenzie.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Yeah I'm not interested in voluntarily offering up my DNA to anyone in order to trace my ancestors. They sure do sell it as a great thing,but they're just another group I don't trust. Hell when society goes cashless and we are tracked even more than we are already,they will have your DNA on file and be able to place your DNA anywhere they need it to be for any reason. But I guess there are plenty of people that trust big brother more than I do

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Voluntarily?

One has to pay for that privilege.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

How about you? wink

And covid testing is building a CDC database of DNA which will be sold or given to many.
Did you know they "modified a DNA testing(/processing) machine to identify covid"....

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I did it. Southern Italian here except for 3% Mordovian. So I thought that was from Star Trek.

Had to look up what a Mordovian was.. Found out it was South Russian/Mongolian. Fuuuuuuk!

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The only way they could have gotten mine is when they had to take most of my guts out.

Because i would have never given it willingly.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
That's the dirty little secret these DNA companies don't talk about. When you pay them and sign the papers, they own the sequences of the very building blocks of life that are unique to you. My question is, WHY DO THEY WANT IT? The answers are probably disturbing.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Stophel
Even if your DNA was "safe" with them, I still wouldn't do it, since I don't think the results would be accurate at all. They have an agenda. The agenda to make people think they're all "mutts". 1% Chinese???? do you have any idea how far back in time you'd have to go to find that 1%? Do you think that there was some random Chinaman roaming around France or Sweden in 1410, boinking blonde girls? Probably not.

I have also seen reports where identical twins sent in their DNA, and received noticeably different results (their DNA is identical!). So no, I would put no faith in any DNA ancestry test.

Uhm, uh 1% equals 7 generations. Or about Civil War days.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by reivertom
That's the dirty little secret these DNA companies don't talk about. When you pay them and sign the papers, they own the sequences of the very building blocks of life that are unique to you. My question is, WHY DO THEY WANT IT? The answers are probably disturbing.

This!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I paid for it on 23andme.com, I think some of y'all boys are a little paranoid.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I paid for it on 23andme.com, I think some of y'all boys are a little paranoid.

Or some people may not be as bright as others.

I hear that's genetic too. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I yam what I yam. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I yam what I yam. laugh

Mr Potato Head then?

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
So that's what those fellas digging through my garbage and taking the super stiff socks were up to. I hope they got a good price!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"Paranoia strikes deep
Into your lives it will creep
Starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the Man comes, and takes you away..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am 3/8 Swedish, 1/8 Finish, 1/4 German Jewish, 1/4 Welsh

If I am not Jewing you, I will Welsh on the deal.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (22kHornet, 204guy, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 61 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,280
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.