Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Co worker headed there last weekend.

He may be required to quarantine for 2 weeks before he's allowed to return to work. I'm guessing unpaid or he's gonna burn a bunch of sick time.
Gonna get interest interesting if so.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
There are two annual events that many/most locals dread: Sturgis and Mardi Gras. For the same reason.

Add the Calgary Stampede. We headed south to Idaho every year.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Country music’s “Fan Fair” in Nashville

Best place to go when that happens is Oklahoma....because they’re all here

Flee....stay off the roads, forget about going to Golden Corral

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Last time I was there I watched a large flatbed trailer pull up and unload 8 or 10 bikes. In the meantime bad boys and girls filed out of motor homes and put on their bad ass gear complete with doo-rags and sunglasses to start posing for pictures. I started going in the 70's. Never with a trailer, but tent camping in that mess is getting harder at my age. There's still a lot of fun to be had if you take a notion to go, but it is certainly a cluster fk.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MadMooner

He may be required to quarantine for 2 weeks before he's allowed to return to work. I'm guessing unpaid or he's gonna burn a bunch of sick time.

Why would he have to do that?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
First went to Sturgis in the mid 1950s.The Old Man had a Knuckle Head with a sidecar WWII vintage.He rode with a group called the Jackpine Savages.All WWII Vets.Was pretty wild back then and no pretenders.That bike vibrated so much it took us three days to get there.I rode my first bike there with him when I was 15.A Triumph T110 hard tail.Lucky the Old Man had plenty tools in his side car.That was a vibrating SOB and every time we stopped for gas had to tighten half the nuts and bolts .We slept in sleeping bags wherever,no tents ,wherever we could.You had to have had those old bikes to appreciate what they make now.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been watching the bikers and campers trailering bikes all week drive by on the interstate. Can't wait until they're gone, signals the end of tourist season here.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If it's "tourist season" is there a bag limit?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
You poor pilgrims have no IDEA what a publicly attended clusterfluck is until you have dealt with the 'burning man' participants. A gathering to glorify the drug culture by entitled wealthy offspring of a totally worthless generation, all under the guise of "art'' and a "celebration of the free human spirit". I don't know about "free", last estimate they grossed 46 million.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Why would he have to do that?

The boss is a ninny. Scared he's gonna spread the 'Rona.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Hoping BLM and Antifa show up...

OMG, we conservatives could never be that lucky.....

Thinking out of the box.... I'd love to see a biker, replace our Queen/Governor ( the lesbian) here in Oregon....

and one for the mayor of Potlandia....

Lol... most of those “bikers”, are make believe bikers that are senior citizens just pretending to be billy badasses.

When you headed to Sturgis to tell all them old fuggers that?

Crickets..............

That's exactly what I thought.

Hahahahahaha you have no life clearly, expecting an immediate response on a forum. Hey old timer, forums are different than “chat rooms”..

Im not afraid to speak my mind to anyone, like I said.... the vast majority of those “bikers” are pretending.

Still you are proving to be sub human. I suppose riding from Texas to party with friends doesn't make you a biker? What is your childish hormonal affliction with the term 1%er? Just because the vast majority of us are not part of a large MC doesn't make us less than them. Pretending in what way?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Originally Posted by DHN
Why are 1%ers "real bikers" and the other 99% are not?

If you trailer your bike you might not be a 1%er.

I like that, LOL

Suppose you have more than one bike? Beautiful place to ride, I have a long distance Harley and a deep corner Harley and both have their place in SD. Didn't get to go this year but went last and had a blast.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I left Rapid City at the end of the month, the fat girls were already starting to get their Tinder accounts up and running grin

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Got two buddy’s who have been there several times, been bikers all their lives, one is a former chapter president for a 1% club. Be amusing to watch some idiot tell them they were make believe or pretending.

I know for a fact one of them would probably just smack the idiot unconscious with his helmet. Saw him do it to a guy just because the guy had smacked a local girl during an argument. They were passing each other on a set of stairs, and the he-man woman hater took a helmet to the side of the head and proceeded to tumble down the steps, out cold. Never saw it coming. Sturgis has a lot of pretenders, sure, but you better be real careful assuming that about anyone you see there.

The 1%er wears a helmet?

Well 1%ers get tickets like the rest of us,

Oh, I see you're from Commiefornia....never mind.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Huntz
First went to Sturgis in the mid 1950s.The Old Man had a Knuckle Head with a sidecar WWII vintage.He rode with a group called the Jackpine Savages.All WWII Vets.Was pretty wild back then and no pretenders.That bike vibrated so much it took us three days to get there.I rode my first bike there with him when I was 15.A Triumph T110 hard tail.Lucky the Old Man had plenty tools in his side car.That was a vibrating SOB and every time we stopped for gas had to tighten half the nuts and bolts .We slept in sleeping bags wherever,no tents ,wherever we could.You had to have had those old bikes to appreciate what they make now.

In the 70's, the majority of the "new" bikes were Shovels, but we rode with a lot of Pans and a few Knuckles. None of the above was reliable enough not to need a good tool bag and some mechanical knowledge. Of course we rebuilt those bikes enough in the off season that it was no big deal to do a lot of it on the road also. New guys have it pretty good, but it's still perfectly normal for most of them to do a trailer trip. We were in hog heaven just to come and go with minimum problems. Lucky to even find a phone when you were in the middle of nowhere.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Originally Posted by DHN
Why are 1%ers "real bikers" and the other 99% are not?

If you trailer your bike you might not be a 1%er.

I like that, LOL

Suppose you have more than one bike? Beautiful place to ride, I have a long distance Harley and a deep corner Harley and both have their place in SD. Didn't get to go this year but went last and had a blast.

Youre right, that makes sense.

Post a pic of your motorcycle, I’m always interested in admiring the many different models and custom upgrades.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Hoping BLM and Antifa show up...

OMG, we conservatives could never be that lucky.....

Thinking out of the box.... I'd love to see a biker, replace our Queen/Governor ( the lesbian) here in Oregon....

and one for the mayor of Potlandia....

Lol... most of those “bikers”, are make believe bikers that are senior citizens just pretending to be billy badasses.

When you headed to Sturgis to tell all them old fuggers that?

Crickets..............

That's exactly what I thought.

Hahahahahaha you have no life clearly, expecting an immediate response on a forum. Hey old timer, forums are different than “chat rooms”..

Im not afraid to speak my mind to anyone, like I said.... the vast majority of those “bikers” are pretending.

Still you are proving to be sub human. I suppose riding from Texas to party with friends doesn't make you a biker? What is your childish hormonal affliction with the term 1%er? Just because the vast majority of us are not part of a large MC doesn't make us less than them. Pretending in what way?
I think he means pretending to be an "outlaw biker". To me there is a difference between being a "biker" and someone who owns and likes to ride motorcycles.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn! Not a single pic.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Took a 300 mile round trip drive through Wyoming today, just got back. Roads packed with bikes headed up there .

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's wrong with trailering a bike? I've taken several West-wide junkets with my bike tied down in the back with the guns and skis. Nothing nicer than droning down the freeway with a nice coffee and sandwich, then pulling over and riding some snaky mess for a couple of hours, then load back up and drone on to the next good stretch. Oh, did I mention how nice it is to have tools and spare parts?
In fact, one time in Marin, my van saved me from a huge ticket. I entered a long curvy section just as a CHP was exiting, I was parked at the far end discreetly off the road just a little bit. RRRRRR screech, key, door, ramp, shove, shove, jump SLAM woop woop woop woop...... Phew, that was close. He came by again a few minutes later, but by then, I'd changed my clothes and had my second helmet out, and my story straight about what a great ride I'd just had.
And it WAS a great ride.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 54 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,520
Posts18,472,567
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.