Damn! Not a single pic.

I know right

No one has a smart phone?

Or a motorcycle...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I read today that in 2015 the attendance was 739,000. That's insane.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

And it lasts 10 days. Ho in the world do they handle all the portable outhouses!! What a miserable job!

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
It is good to see all these bikers heading to Sturgis. I live right off of I-90 and the groups of bikes have been non stop. Not a biker myself, but am glad to see so many out doing what they love, when so many wish to keep us from just that. Orange man bad, you know!

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by OldHat

And it lasts 10 days. Ho in the world do they handle all the portable outhouses!! What a miserable job!

And where do they dump all that schit?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The rumble of bikes on Rt 16 south of Rapid is as loud as in heavily attended previous Rallys.

https://youtu.be/d66NPsy_MPg

Lots of these seen too: grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Bald1; 08/08/20.

-=[Bob]=-
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sturgis City Council really doesn't have that much to say. The bikers were already coming regardless of their decision. The Harley Dealership, Rally at exit 55, already were at 90% confirmation on vendor space by the time the Sturgis lords made their decision.

I live in the Black Hills about 25 minutes from Sturgis. It's a fun event and people watching is a hoot. But will say, where else can you go where there's 350,000 visitor and extremely little crime.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The number of attendees is a guess. Sturgis uses the weight of the trash along with other metric to estimate the "official number". But more and more people are spending less time in Sturgis and more in the surrounding towns. For example, venders consistently say they do better business at Black Hills Harley, Rally at Exit 55, than they do in Sturgis. Towns like Hill City and Custer have jumped on the bandwagon. And the town of Buffalo Chip, yep that's a venue large enough to declare themselves their own town, have visitors that stay there instead of venturing into town.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I saw something on Yahoo about native areas trying to restrict bike travel around Sturgis- - - - -have they started playing bikers and Indians yet?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
For every young person, there will be a 100 old ones from what I saw last year.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Hoping BLM and Antifa show up...

OMG, we conservatives could never be that lucky.....

Thinking out of the box.... I'd love to see a biker, replace our Queen/Governor ( the lesbian) here in Oregon....

and one for the mayor of Potlandia....

Not really, it would be rewarding at the time, but the Marxists are dying (pardon the pun) to get themselves another Kent State moment on video.

I'd be in favor of obliging them...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
There are two annual events that many/most locals dread: Sturgis and Mardi Gras. For the same reason.

See flintlocke's post on page 3 or so.

Although the local businesses are surely hurting this year. Booze sales at the big grocery are easily going to be WAY down year over year.

Fuel and bottled water too.

The Burners bring a big wad of cash to our little county every year.

Last edited by Valsdad; 08/08/20.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Got two buddy’s who have been there several times, been bikers all their lives, one is a former chapter president for a 1% club. Be amusing to watch some idiot tell them they were make believe or pretending.

I know for a fact one of them would probably just smack the idiot unconscious with his helmet. Saw him do it to a guy just because the guy had smacked a local girl during an argument. They were passing each other on a set of stairs, and the he-man woman hater took a helmet to the side of the head and proceeded to tumble down the steps, out cold. Never saw it coming. Sturgis has a lot of pretenders, sure, but you better be real careful assuming that about anyone you see there.

The 1%er wears a helmet?

Well 1%ers get tickets like the rest of us,

Oh, I see you're from Commiefornia....never mind.

What some don't realize, more than a few of the club members switched to full face helmets instead of brain buckets after a few years of the regs requiring a helmet.

Much easier to go incognito. 99.9% of the time they're not flying colors, so it's harder for the Po-po to know who's on the bike. But it was still kinda strange to see a dude on a "chopper" wearing a full face helmet.

Not to mention many of them club members now enjoy the comfort of a tricked out bagger. The really cool bikes are saved for funeral rides.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Night Ranger

Woooo yeahhhh, bang yer head ...sister christian ...total mayhem

Theyre so excited they can’t decide if Monday is on the 9th or 10th

Night Ranger, lol. Get wasted

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/url]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Bone Thugs and Harmony on the 11th.

Wonder if anyone’s told them yet (BT&H)

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Seen at Sturgis

-=[Bob]=-
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I live about 1/2 mile off the I -90 can't hear 1 cycle right now at 7 am. Been up on the roof and outside for the last 2 weeks the numbers are down no matter what the MSM asshats say. Only been here for 36 years last 20 working for the DOT and 20 years at the present locate. Our Governor took the right approach on the Covid but it is rising to to peak projections as I type were seeing increased positive tests every day, plateau my ass. My younger brother comes out every year and rides all week, he also thinks the numbers are way short. Over the last 10-15 years a lot of the Sturgis goers show up 1 -2 weeks early to ride the area and enjoy the Black Hills. The surrounding area without the party crowd or all the rally crap these are the folks that benefit the local economy not the ones who come during the rally to buy trinkets, t shirts,over priced food and lodg
ing. The real truth is the business heavies decided that the rally must go on for the money they don't care about the covid risk or what risk it makes health wise to the people who live here. The vast majority of residents in this area who make no money from the rally don't give a f*ck if there is never another one. You know I wouldn't bs you guys. MB. 7:28am still damn few on I90

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 08/10/20.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Large crowds have never appealed to me. Even when many of those in the crowd and I have something in common, that doesn't mean I want to live with them. We thought about attending Sturgis in 2015 but, after a couple of scouting trips, I decided I didn't want to be there along with 3/4 million others. I have attended a couple music festivals and have come to realize I would just as soon sit in my chair and listen to a CD. Nowadays, the only gatherings I am likely to attend are rifle matches of various sorts.
I like the Sturgis area but I don't think I would want to visit during bike week. GD

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

481 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,343 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,143
Posts18,502,764
Members73,991
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.