Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by skeen
I ordered one of these a couple weeks ago because they are on sale for $59 bucks. Wore it during a moderate rain last week and was pleased with it. Gotta have the pit-zip vents. A little more than you wanted to spend but they do have free shipping, returns and lifetime warranty, whatever that's worth.

https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/mens-venture-2-jacket-nf0a2vd3-c1?variationId=V0W

Just checked that North Face link, quality stuff and politically correct too. Looks like they have most of the races covered in their ad.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I happened to see rain jackets at Costco the other day. Didn't buy one but they felt like good quality, and they were (IIRC) $30.

I have an unlined but hooded rain jacket from Cabela's that is quite good, but it was bought over a decade ago. Long discontinued, I'd guess.

I'm going to carry my old Frog Toggs rain suit for emergency use in my boat when it arrives next year. And one of those $1 yellow ponchos for a fishing partner. I don't intend to fish in the rain, but you never know - and while Frog Toggs aren't top shelf, they're good enough.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
...and while Frog Toggs aren't top shelf, they're good enough.

Yep. Frogg Toggs are great, for what they're for. We have several pairs stuffed in the boat for the unexpected shower while on the water.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by skeen
I ordered one of these a couple weeks ago because they are on sale for $59 bucks. Wore it during a moderate rain last week and was pleased with it. Gotta have the pit-zip vents. A little more than you wanted to spend but they do have free shipping, returns and lifetime warranty, whatever that's worth.

https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/mens-venture-2-jacket-nf0a2vd3-c1?variationId=V0W

Just checked that North Face link, quality stuff and politically correct too. Looks like they have most of the races covered in their ad.

then they would need 25-30 adds to cover all the races

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I happened to see rain jackets at Costco the other day. Didn't buy one but they felt like good quality, and they were (IIRC) $30.

I have an unlined but hooded rain jacket from Cabela's that is quite good, but it was bought over a decade ago. Long discontinued, I'd guess.

I'm going to carry my old Frog Toggs rain suit for emergency use in my boat when it arrives next year. And one of those $1 yellow ponchos for a fishing partner. I don't intend to fish in the rain, but you never know - and while Frog Toggs aren't top shelf, they're good enough.

fish bite like crazy in the rain. when the rain hits the water it blocks a lot of light into the water. the baitfish think it is nite time and come out of hiding and the bigger fish are there to great them. it is like putting a tarp on a lawn and fooling nite crawlers

IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Marmot Precip is the benchmark for inexpensive, yet good breathable raingear.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (10gaugemag, 35, akrange, 11 invisible), 1,506 guests, and 836 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,627
Posts18,492,938
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.