Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by hitandmiss
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Welcome to a world without coal power, they deserve it.

A world without coal power? Where is that, exactly? I happen to live by a major east/west train route through Montana, and there are at least 2 trains a day loaded with coal heading west, every day. At certain times of year, it's at least double that, and those are just the trains I see, not the ones that go through in the middle of the night. You shouldn't believe lies told to you by the media.

You sir, should do a bit of research before telling me what is and what is not happening in the power producing industry. How do you know all the coal you see going down the line is headed to plants here in the US? China is buying all it can. NGS in Page was shut down, Craig, in Colorado is going away as well as Hayden. Cholla on I40 shut down one or two units. SGS outside Round Valley will have 2 units down in the next couple years. The plant i work at is scheduled to close early in the next decade.
These examples are just in my little world. Do a bit of looking around to see just how many coal plants are shut down or slated for shut down in the near future.
The glut of cheap (for now) natural gas from fracking was a hammer blow to coal power. Now fracking is taking a beating. Dont think for a minute that the gas plants wont be going away when the last coal plant is offline.
The wind does not always blow, nor the sun always shine.

Lies from the media, your an idiot.

STFU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_coal-fired_power_stations_in_the_United_States

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

A world without coal power? Where is that, exactly? I happen to live by a major east/west train route through Montana, and there are at least 2 trains a day loaded with coal heading west, every day. At certain times of year, it's at least double that, and those are just the trains I see, not the ones that go through in the middle of the night. You shouldn't believe lies told to you by the media.

You sir, should do a bit of research before telling me what is and what is not happening in the power producing industry. How do you know all the coal you see going down the line is headed to plants here in the US? China is buying all it can. NGS in Page was shut down, Craig, in Colorado is going away as well as Hayden. Cholla on I40 shut down one or two units. SGS outside Round Valley will have 2 units down in the next couple years. The plant i work at is scheduled to close early in the next decade.
These examples are just in my little world. Do a bit of looking around to see just how many coal plants are shut down or slated for shut down in the near future.
The glut of cheap (for now) natural gas from fracking was a hammer blow to coal power. Now fracking is taking a beating. Dont think for a minute that the gas plants wont be going away when the last coal plant is offline.

STFU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_coal-fired_power_stations_in_the_United_States

Blow me.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

STFU.

Blow me.

What??? When confronted with facts, you won't even admit you were pulling schitt out of your ass? You don't say. Go push your delusions elsewhere.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave

How much of that gets used in California?

No idea. We don't live in a "world without coal power", which was my point.

Maybe not but California is a good example of what happens when you stop using it before finding a comparable substitute.

I believe that was the man’s point.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Or nuclear.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Maybe not but California is a good example of what happens when you stop using it before finding a comparable substitute.

Everyone except huntnshoot knew that was his point.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

We do have a comparable substitute. California has two of the largest natural gas power plants in the US. As well as a huge coal-burner in So Cal east of Bakersfield. Along with several other power plants that use hydro, geothermal, nuclear. The problem here is Californians. They want to have their cake while still eating their cake. I agree that they shut down plants instead of opening up new ones, while bringing in millions of new residents. But again, I don't know what this has to do with coal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
California's entire virtue-signalling, grandstanding, look-at-us-we're-so-renewable stunt only works when the other western states have enough spare power to bail them out. When it's a hundred bazillion degrees across the entire west and everyone else is tapped out it's not so great a plan.

Last edited by RufusG; 08/15/20.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Shades of post-apartheid South Africa.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But, but, we gots beachs. And, and we gots, uhmmm.......

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have an elderly 94 year old parent that I take care of. A power outage in that heat would be the end.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 01Foreman400, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,405
Posts18,488,944
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.