Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I like the idea of a Hot Shot. Maybe you can talk to her and recommend her taking the dogs and herself to some dog - obedience classes. A invisible fence works excellent on trainable dogs. Sounds like your caught between a rock and a hard spot.

Life is good live it while you can.
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
On what planet is a super soaker filled with ammonia more pragmatic than The Little Man in the Can?

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by arkypete
Some hamburger with crushed glass ,

Sociopath alert...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
About 20 years ago I shot a neighbor's vicious dog when it chased my kids up onto our deck and wouldn't back down.

Doing so put a big crimp in our neighborly relationship.

I had previously talked to the neighbor about his dogs chasing my kids in our yard, but he didn't seem to see it as the same problem that I did, so I started calling the sheriff's office to formally complain about the dogs coming into our yard and chasing the kids. One of the deputies had the neighbor and me talk over the problem with the deputy acting as a mediator. He told my neighbor to control his dogs and told both of us that I would be well within my rights to protect my family from the dogs if they were acting aggressively in our yard. I sprayed this dog with an ammonia solution a couple of times and wouldn't have shot it if it hadn't climbed the stairs onto the deck. Climbing onto the deck to get at my kids was going too far, crossing the line, so I called the sheriff's office to report that it was on my deck and shot it when it wouldn't back down. 16 gauge buckshot from a Mossberg bolt gun produced a DRT kill.on the deck and didn't do the decking any good either.

My advise is to talk to the neighbor and if that doesn't work, get your local LEO involved. Don't poison the dogs and don't shot them unless they are well onto your property. Video documentation of their aggressive nature will go a long way to support whatever you do if you end up in court.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by slumlord
What I’d like to do first is go down here in the creek bottom and cut myself about a 12ft piece of cane or bamboo and whip their asses.

Used that method once, years ago. It worked.

Only it was a serious lion dog that was fixing to have me for breakfast, and I happened to have one of those hickory stockman's canes in my hand.

One swat upside the head did the trick.

I had my 1911 too. Glad I didn't have to use it.

Reminds me of a fiesty little farm girl who used to do horse 4-H with my kids. This tiny, petite little gal graduted high school, got married, and turned eighteen. She was with her new husband and her little lap dog, fishing a mountain stream, and she spots a mountain lion getting ready to pounce upon her little mutt.

So, she proceeds to beat the cougar about the head with her fishing pole. The cougar went elsewhere for lunch.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by slumlord
What I’d like to do first is go down here in the creek bottom and cut myself about a 12ft piece of cane or bamboo and whip their asses.

Used that method once, years ago. It worked.

Only it was a serious lion dog that was fixing to have me for breakfast, and I happened to have one of those hickory stockman's canes in my hand.

One swat upside the head did the trick.

I had my 1911 too. Glad I didn't have to use it.

Reminds me of a fiesty little farm girl who used to do horse 4-H with my kids. This tiny, petite little gal graduted high school, got married, and turned eighteen. She was with her new husband and her little lap dog, fishing a mountain stream, and she spots a mountain lion getting ready to pounce upon her little mutt.

So, she proceeds to beat the cougar about the head with her fishing pole. The cougar went elsewhere for lunch.

Feisty & pretty little country girls are not to be trifled with.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
High base 6s will do the job to 20 yards without worry of a lot of peripheral damage. 4s if you're really pissed.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is NO reason to call LEO or anyone for that matter including the owner unless you want problems...JFC

SSS

Dave

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by 240NMC
Take a couple of tennis balls and spray them and let doggie go fetch.... wear gloves 🧤 of course. They will be gagging and coughing. Do it a couple of times, and they won’t go near you or anyone with a tennis ball.

Best choice is call animal control, sheriff etc... get a lawyer letter written to the dog owner putting her on notice to immediately get control of her animals etc, etc, etc... or you will file suit for damages and file criminal charges blah, blah, blah....

Do a title search on the house and find out if there’s a mortgage and who has the insurance, send them the photos, copies of complaints, and the lawyer letter....

The first step is actually more rewarding and has plausible deniability.....

Shooting the dogs etc... will get you in more trouble unless you have been attacked first....

What is the benefit of using a tennis ball?

And how did you get a dog to take an OC covered tennis ball?

dogs got smellers

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RDW
There is NO reason to call LEO or anyone for that matter including the owner unless you want problems...JFC

SSS

If you shoot somebody's dog without having gone through an escalation of actions, including documented contact with the owner and the local LEOs, you are likely to be charged with a crime. No proof that the dogs were vicious. No proof that they were on your property. In some places your neighbor is likely to shoot your pets and consider it fair pay back. JMO.

IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"No proof that they were on your property."

You don't have to be on your own property to defend yourself.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
My Sheriff had to tell Selma Hayek that her neighbor was lawful when he shot and killed her dog. Dog was in his garage when he shot it with a pellet rifle.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by deflave
Take a couple of tennis balls and spray them and let doggie go fetch.... wear gloves 🧤 of course. They will be gagging and coughing. Do it a couple of times, and they won’t go near you or anyone with a tennis ball.

Best choice is call animal control, sheriff etc... get a lawyer letter written to the dog owner putting her on notice to immediately get control of her animals etc, etc, etc... or you will file suit for damages and file criminal charges blah, blah, blah....

Do a title search on the house and find out if there’s a mortgage and who has the insurance, send them the photos, copies of complaints, and the lawyer letter....

The first step is actually more rewarding and has plausible deniability.....

Shooting the dogs etc... will get you in more trouble unless you have been attacked first....

What is the benefit of using a tennis ball?

And how did you get a dog to take an OC covered tennis ball?

Prey drive in Dobermans is very high throw the tennis ball and they will go after it and most times bite it and gag like crazy. It does work and high prey drive dogs will move ahead of their smell. The dogs can associate the bad chit like bleach, pepper spray etc.. directly with the human and just act faster the next time.... sort of like getting the first hit in.... next person could be a kid.... they can associate the bad experience with an object and may try to avoid the thing. Kid of the opposite of the clicker trainIng for positive reinforcement.

But then again they are whacked out Dobermans.... And I would never trust them or own one. I’ve had and trained GSDs, Rottweilers, Dutch Shepherds, and a Malinois but have no use for a Doberman.

Unless you’re rural, I would think your City would be able to help. If they don’t, one more check mark in your favor if you have to defend yourself.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by RDW

SSS

If you shoot somebody's dog without having gone through an escalation of actions, including documented contact with the owner and the local LEOs, you are likely to be charged with a crime. No proof that the dogs were vicious. No proof that they were on your property. In some places your neighbor is likely to shoot your pets and consider it fair pay back. JMO.

If done right, nobody but you and the dog knows what really happened or can be proved. And if done right, the dog ain't telling anybody, neither should you. Sometimes, the only real solution to a problem like this is a straight forward approach. The owner in this case will be absolutely of no help in dealing with their dogs that they choose to let run loose and terrorize the neighbors or worse, law enforcement won't be able to help much until it has already gotten really worse. Don't let it get worse, use your head and solve problem now. I'm afraid that RDW has the rather unpleasant solution to this problem detailed in not so many words. Good advice here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If they care anything about their dogs the owners would keep them up .

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I had a neighbor dog like that. He was real trouble. Used to sneak up behind our cars when we pulled up to the mailbox and then lunge at our hands when we reached out the car windows. My wife had to implement a policy where she would drive into the garage. Close the door with the opener from inside the car and then perform a 360 before allowing the kids to open their doors to make sure the dog wasn’t in there with them. He scared the hell out of me several times and had me trapped in my garage or shop on several occasions. The neighbors finally got rid of him. Anyway, one of the great regrets of my Life is NOT bear spraying the crap out of that dog. Spray them, they’ve earned it.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Maybe the dogs just need you to give them some treats so they'll leave you alone. I recommend a big bag of chocolate chips smeared with bacon greese.

Bb

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I'm surprised paintball guns haven't been mentioned....

Paintball guns with OC. best of both worlds

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Prey drive in Dobermans is very high throw the tennis ball and they will go after it and most times bite it and gag like crazy. It does work and high prey drive dogs will move ahead of their smell. The dogs can associate the bad chit like bleach, pepper spray etc.. directly with the human and just act faster the next time.... sort of like getting the first hit in.... next person could be a kid.... they can associate the bad experience with an object and may try to avoid the thing. Kid of the opposite of the clicker trainIng for positive reinforcement.

But then again they are whacked out Dobermans.... And I would never trust them or own one. I’ve had and trained GSDs, Rottweilers, Dutch Shepherds, and a Malinois but have no use for a Doberman.

Unless you’re rural, I would think your City would be able to help. If they don’t, one more check mark in your favor if you have to defend yourself.

Oh.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
My Sheriff had to tell Selma Hayek that her neighbor was lawful when he shot and killed her dog. Dog was in his garage when he shot it with a pellet rifle.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1911a1, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,676 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,723
Posts18,514,249
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.