Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Just wondering why you want to bother to color the inside if you are going to mount the rings> ? Sorry for the bleeding obvious but wondering if others are thinking the same thing. I could be missing something here and am just wondering.

I use Alumablack on aluminum rings and cold bluing on steel rings.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have a 1" diameter drill blank that I use to align my scope rings and have never had the rings mar a scope's finish. To make the mount secure and ensure there is no slippage I put a wrap of double stick tape around the scope tube. A word of caution here, make sure you have the scope placed so you have the desired eye relief and that the crosshairs are square before assembling with the double stick tape. It will be difficult to make any tweaks after things are assembled with the tape. Never had a scope slip in the rings when assembled this way.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Maybe this should have a thread of its own, but
Are there any brands that don't need lapping?

$50 Is a big pocket full of change to add to the price of something that is supposed to be a precision part made for the express purpose of anchoring the scope true.

Not trying to be rude here... but it appears you have no idea what you are talking about what so ever.

Really thinking that this poster is an anti-vaxxer plant. Been here since June, over 1000 posts, and most that I have seen are either ant-vax or anti-intelligence.
crazy

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
My lapping kit came today so I set my Ruger M77 in the Lead Sled and tied it down with a velcro strap. Instructions said to keep the tops separated and make sure they go back on the same direction on the same ring.

I check the rings with the alignment bars and the points didn’t exactly line up point to point so I did some mild lapping. Cleaned the rings out and put the alignment bars in again and it was better but not perfect so I lapped them some more. Cleaned the rings off again and the bars lined up perfectly.

There wasn’t hardly any bluing removed from the ring halves so I would think it mainly smoothed out the edges. I like the Burris Signature rings but I can’t always get the right scope height at times. This will work.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 907brass, 8 invisible), 1,452 guests, and 840 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,591
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.