Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Our county fair was two weeks ago, no increase in cases.

Ours too. 600 in the tractor pull another 600 in the food area, cattle barbs and produce displays.
University came back 2 weeks ago. 30,000 students, 10 cases so far. Doubt any have more than cold symptoms either.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Pitching in extraordinarily small scale anecdotes (which pertain to largely OUTDOOR events) is not very compelling FWIW.

There is up to a 14 day incubation period. Repeat it a couple of times. Maybe it will sink in. Probably not though.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

they were spreadin' it.........

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Ramsdude47
You are correct that the masks the general public are wearing are LESS effective than properly fitted medical grade masks. That does not mean they are ineffective, but also reinforces the importance of distancing.

I'm pretty sure a Medical Doctor, even in the 10th percentile of their class, has far more expertise than a poster from "Orygun" on a forum that is overwhelmingly populated with alt right science deniers.

They are exactly ineffective, because they cant stop the thing (virus) they are being worn to stop. Medical grade or not, they cant stop the virus itself and they arent skin tight so any droplets have gaps on all sides to fly on out. It will stop a big glob of snot from landing on ya and makes some people smell their own nasty breath, but other than that they arent doing chit. Kinda like [bleep] an aids infected hooker with a crochet rubber.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Pitching in extraordinarily small scale anecdotes (which pertain to largely OUTDOOR events) is not very compelling FWIW.

There is up to a 14 day incubation period. Repeat it a couple of times. Maybe it will sink in. Probably not though.

PADDLER????????????????????????

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Another one on ignore!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Can't change a fools mind. Masks are helping to prevent the spread whether you want to acknowledge it or not, as is social distancing.

The selfish/stubborn anti-mask population are the people crying the most to "re-open", yet their inability to grasp the most basic concepts of virology are exactly what allows the spread to continue and re-opening to be prolonged.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by TLB2

Probably. Him and his sock puppets are all he has. Piddler wouldn’t dare brag about his doctor rating here in Utah. Or inappropriately touching his patients...

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by TLB2

Ol' Poof tryin ta one-up B Brown.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Can't change a fools mind. Masks are helping to prevent the spread whether you want to acknowledge it or not, as is social distancing.

The selfish/stubborn anti-mask population are the people crying the most to "re-open", yet their inability to grasp the most basic concepts of virology are exactly what allows the spread to continue and re-opening to be prolonged.

Hey dummy? What the fatality rate of Covid??? Oh that’s right less than 1% worldwide. Dumbass

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
With even the slightest understanding of human anatomy and ability to discern high quality medical information (hint it usually comes from Medical Doctors) it is obvious that the mask prevents the spread of both large and, more importantly, small respiratory droplets. The large droplets are more virulent, but the small particles remain airborne for >2 hours.

Serious question, why is discrediting experts and only listening to the opinion of the least intelligent human to ever hold an important office, perhaps in the history of mankind, so prevalent in this country?

And there you have succeeded in answering your very own question in the same post you posed said question in.

Montana MOFO
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
They changed the rules again... Now they're saying social distancing is ineffectual unless you're 26 feet apart. I'm not schitting you.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Real question for you. How long? At what point can we stop with the masking etc?

Montana MOFO
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

You cant refute the argument so you throw out some cool words and call people a dummy. You dont have to be a virologist to notice inch wide gaps around a mask and understand that it wont protect you from a microscopic virus. But good luck with your $3 made in china paper coffee filter.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It is too soon to tell, and it will not be easy to track the true impact. But rest assured there will continue to be a lot of spread. It cannot be refuted that hundreds of thousands of people packing into bars and then returning back to wherever they are from or travelling to other locales is a public health nightmare.

You are conveniently ignoring facts that don't suit your own agenda if you think otherwise.

Actually it can be refuted.

Just Sayin.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slowmover12
Another one on ignore!

Usually it takes me a couple threads or more before I apply "ignore". This guy was gone on his second post.

Today I wondered if the China virus in not put into the masks hoping they get used before the virus dies.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Science says we evolved from apes. Just sayin

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
You are correct that the masks the general public are wearing are LESS effective than properly fitted medical grade masks. That does not mean they are ineffective, but also reinforces the importance of distancing.

I'm pretty sure a Medical Doctor, even in the 10th percentile of their class, has far more expertise than a poster from "Orygun" on a forum that is overwhelmingly populated with alt right science deniers.

I'm pretty sure you have no idea of my background. I am also pretty sure your another troll, that came on this forum to be a dick, and try and spread your propaganda! Your right about expertise, none here or there! As far as where I'm from, yup Orygun! Thats for dumbphucks that can't pronounce the word correctly! What makes you think he's or she is a Dr? Not just someone writing what they read on the left news! You assume to much! People can be anything they want on the good old web, if you didn't know! This pandemic is only as big as the media feeds the sheepeople, take off the blinders! MAGA!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

The guy that pulls shifts on the other end of Glory Holes wants to give real Americans advice on viruses.

TFF

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (375sunrise, 257robertsimp, 10Glocks, 338reddog, 35, 35WhelenNut, 11 invisible), 842 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,901
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.